Hunters Need A Nuke for PvP...

(Locked)

100 Human Hunter
I have been playing this hunter since cata release and noticed that the dps for hunters is very good because they only have the capability to put out a steady amount of damage which does sit around 13k. Very good.

I have no trouble hitting top dps in my raids with guild, it is when I step into the arena I have trouble nuking someone to get a kill. I can cc the healer and do about 50% dmg to a dps before im out of cc and the healer has no trouble keeping up with my 8k Cobra shot crits every 1.8 seconds...while a mage can freeze me in place and crank out 20k ice lance crits and do 80k damage within 4 seconds.

It just doesnt seem like a fair matchup at all to me. If you would like I can post about some other classes that have stupid dmg nuking abilities that blizz probably has no intention of nerfing....but should...

Hunters should be able to stack some sort of combo points to use on a big finishing move whenever they can get the stacks...and not the stacks to use Aimed Shot because that shot is absolutely a terrible instant cast. Something more like what rogues can use instead of a finishing Kill Shot.
85 Gnome Mage
keybind rapid fire
100 Human Hunter
You do realize it has a 5 minute cooldown right? It's not a reliable nuke all the time. It's quite easy to get kills in 3v3 as a hunter you just cannot 1v1 anyone if they have a healer.
85 Gnome Mage
12/19/2010 3:02 PMPosted by Qcumberslice
You do realize it has a 5 minute cooldown right? It's not a reliable nuke all the time. It's quite easy to get kills in 3v3 as a hunter you just cannot 1v1 anyone if they have a healer.

spec mm 3 min cd pop readiness +rapid recup 30 second rapid fire insane burst especially with lust np bro fixed all your problems
you just cannot 1v1 anyone if they have a healer.

That's a 2v1 btw.
Edited by Caricature on 12/19/2010 3:05 PM PST
100 Human Hunter
Still, Steady shot atm does not put out that kind of dmg. At most with Steady you get around3k dmg and 7k crits and with Cobra you get 5-6 with 10-11k crits. MM gets purely out damaged by SV atm. Sure you can use rapid fire to get a kill maybe but if a paladin bubbles and heals through it then youre screwed for the next 3 mins based on what you're saying.

Mainly you just cannot put out enough damage to put enough pressure on a team in 2v2 to get you the upper hand. If you try to dps race with a lock your healer will oom much faster than his because you just cant put out 120k faster than pretty much all other classes.

And thanks for the clarification on that 2v1 sitch...once in a while everyone makes huge mistakes right?
100 Human Hunter
12/19/2010 3:23 PMPosted by Orphantears
Hunters need alot of things right now, and honestly i don't think a nuke is one of them...

Imo, we should give hunters some form of colossus smash... ( 100 armpen for 6 seconds ) to improve their burst.

Well that's kinda what I am talking about. Either way they need to give them some other rotation where cobra shot isn't 80% of it.
Ik its kinda bs i cant even do any dmg to people anympore, all they do is use bubble and i cant break through all it says is IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE and then by time it bubble off, i am dead because of the ele shaman
100 Human Paladin
02/20/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Thuglifexo
Ik its kinda bs i cant even do any dmg to people anympore, all they do is use bubble and i cant break through all it says is IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE and then by time it bubble off, i am dead because of the ele shaman

The obvious solution here is to buff Shockwave.
90 Human Warrior
Hunter. Stahp necroing.
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/20/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Thuglifexo

l2p issue move along
90 Dwarf Shaman
This is a joke right?

I see Hunters 2 v 1 and own all the time.

Ive been on the receiving end of Hunter burst on toons with full resil

Hunters need a nerfbat to the face

/uninstall
90 Worgen Druid
best necro NA
Hahahahahahha omfg learn to play your class before you ask for class changes! Hunters have the biggest burst cds in the game right now! Is a million pets hitting for 50k over and over not good enuff for you you want a cd that takes less skill to use lol? It makes me sad, the quality of posts on these forums.
Edited by Easynames on 2/21/2013 1:23 AM PST
02/21/2013 01:22 AMPosted by Easynames
Hahahahahahha omfg learn to play your class before you ask for class changes! Hunters have the biggest burst cds in the game right now! Is a million pets hitting for 50k over and over not good enuff for you you want a cd that takes less skill to use lol? It makes me sad, the quality of posts on these forums.

LOL
90 Undead Priest
your also in full dreadful, probly not helping your cause.
02/21/2013 01:28 AMPosted by Kimir

so much win
100 Human Warlock
12/19/2010 03:02 PMPosted by Qcumberslice
as a hunter you just cannot 1v1 anyone if they have a healer.

Am I the only one that caught this?
90 Human Death Knight
02/21/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Thuglifexo

so much win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEgkxrH_MQ
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]