Does ret really suck or takes more skill now?

86 Goblin Mage
So I hear a lot of QQ about ret sucking..
But i remember blizzard saying they would make the rotation less forgiving cause it was too easy.

I'm getting sick of these 30 min ques as a mage, so i was thinking of playing my 80 pally for a change, maybe go tank for instant ques, but I also want options

So should i just play a new druid or DK if i don't want to be disappointed in being able to play another role other than heal or tank , or can i actualy dps too if i play my pally right?
85 Draenei Paladin
if you call RNG skill then sure.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably takes skill... when I meet a good ret paladin I'll let you know.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm capable of doing between 9-10k on most bosses. My personal best was 15k on a regular boss (at 85), and I achieved that by downing a 1200 str for 25 sec potion while popping cooldowns.

In the end, there's no skill required to push buttons and not stand in stuff. You're either facerolling your keyboard, or pushing buttons how you should. You just can't mess ret up with so much as a third of a brain.

The biggest issue is the RNG. Some fights I drop below tanks because I don't get any procs or extra holy power, other fights I'm drowning in holy power and I've got more procs than I've got GCD's to use. For instance, the time I had a Hand of Light proc and then so many insta exo procs that Hand of Light fell off before I could cast anything other than exo.
85 Human Paladin
2700 MMR 2500 ret in 3v3...I'm pretty decent lol
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Even rets with 12/12 cata raid bosses down are complaining.
85 Draenei Paladin
Maybe it's because of the low gear atm, but it is a bit like that fishing daily where you have to get lucky to get the right fish, then get lucky on what is inside it.

Ret has a lot of procs, and you can easily get a bit of unlucky streak with those procs and suffer for it.

I think some of this randomness needs to just be removed. There's too much atm.
85 Human Paladin
3x Ret Gladiator getting outclassed all day. Bad Game.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret just needs skills and a good comp.

They are fine. Not perfect.

03/29/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Jackdead
ret. pallys suck.. pain and simple.. straight cut with no bs.. and to include btw in case you didn't already know...THEY HAVE NO DPS!!!

Please go play in your Random BG corner.
90 Human Paladin
This...this thread is over 3 years old....
03/29/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Jackdead
ret. pallys suck.. pain and simple.. straight cut with no bs.. and to include btw in case you didn't already know...THEY HAVE NO DPS!!!

Do you think your shiny armor can deceive the Light? We see you for what you are, vile Necromancer!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]