Cache Won't Clear?

(Locked)

85 Orc Warlock
I've deleted the subfolder named "Cache" in C:/Program Files/World of Warcarft
Yet my cache is still intact in-game and is causing my addon _NPCScan to behave improperly. I'm assuming that there is another folder where WoW is reading cache from but I cannot find it. I have also emptied the trash can where the cache folder was located.
85 Orc Warlock
bump
- Technical Support
100 Human Priest
The Cache will not go away - you need it and the game will make a new one every time you log in after deleting one. It's not the cache its the addon. If it's causing problems - dump it until the author fixes it.
85 Orc Warlock
Ok I'm not sure you understand the problem. NPC's are stored locally in a file located inside the "Cache" folder, hence when you delete that folder the NPC code should be wiped from WoW's memory and it should be able to be "recached" once you find that creature again. The problem I'm having is that when I delete my cache not only is my cache not cleared but the folder also isn't recreated when I restart WoW. I'm asking if there is any other place it could be located.
- Technical Support
100 Human Priest
It should be in the main wow folder. You have to log into the game. I understand what you are doing I have used _Npc Scan - this is curious if you don't have one. Keep it bumped for a tech GM.
85 Orc Warlock
I found another WoW folder in public documents and deleted the cache folder in there but it hasn't fixed anything.
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
Delete the cache in "C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache"

Still nothing. 3 World of Warcraft folders found and none have been the solution. How many more could there be?
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Orc Warlock
bump
85 Worgen Death Knight
Im having the same issue. the author said that if you have windows vista or windows 7 you need to do this "Windows Vista and Windows 7 users see this info to find your Cache folder in WoW's Virtual Store."
Support Forum Agent
We really don't support this activity just to use an addon, but this may help.

"Vista/Win7 can also create copies of the game files and folders which can interfere with updates. To begin you will need to be able to view hidden files and folders. To do so, click your Windows/Start button, select 'Control Panel' from the menu, then 'Appearance and Personalization', then 'Folder Options'. Next click the 'View' tab, scroll down the list and look for the option 'Hidden files and folders', make sure this is set to Show hidden files and folders.

Now using your 'Computer' option in your main menu, please navigate to the following location:
C:\Users\*your account name*\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files
If there is a folder named "World of Warcraft" in this folder, please delete it and then restart the game using the Run As Administrator option.

Feel free to rate my services at the following link: https://www.surveymk.com/s/T8S7BX2
85 Troll Shaman
I was having the same problem, until just now.

I don't know how many Cache folders WoW needs, but apparently the one in C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Cache is the golden ticket. I deleted all the other Cache folders, to no avail. I just confirmed _NPCScan's cache is completely clear now.

Hope this helps!

Brian
89 Undead Death Knight
I've been looking for loque'nehak since WotLK first came out to tame on my hunter. Apparently i had found him because he was cached but i never saw him so i have no clue why he would be cached
90 Troll Hunter
Please don't necro ancient threads.
irc://chat.freenode.net/wowtech
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=wowtech
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]