"Regrowth Shouldn't Even Be On Your Bar"

85 Night Elf Druid
Been hearing this a lot and...

I see this as a design flaw. I also see it as fact.

Been waiting since mid-beta..... fix please.
Edited by Elysien on 12/20/2010 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
No heal should be entirely worthless...and no heal should be so useful to as to push out the function of another heal.

I'd also say on the same note that heals that are useful in only a de minimis way should be changed into a substantive choice for situations healers are reasonably expected to encounter.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'm not sure why you'd take it off your bar, when tree form+lifebloom rolling+massive free insta regrowths is amazing.
Edited by Cocoaballs on 12/20/2010 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say it's worthless, but it isn't good. All the "flash heals" are underused; it's just more obvious with RG because it's particularly bad (an emergency heal that's 1/2 HOT isn't the best idea ever).

The problem is that if someone is about to die, a flash heal usually isn't going to save them. I find I'm better off queueing up a big heal and taking my chances that it'll get there in time, than queueing up a flash heal that will barely move their health bar. With the new model's emphasis on thinking ahead over reacting quickly, flash heals just don't have an obvious niche any more.

RG is still on my bar, primarily for use during ToL when I have multiple LB stacks up and I'm getting a lot of OOC procs.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Mage
Regrowth is not useless. OoC proc plus Regrowth with Swiftmend and Effloresence is a lot of healing for not a lot of mana. And being mobile while instacasting RG in ToL is valuable, only during OoC of course.

On the other hand, I have removed Nourish from my bar. It takes forever to cast and heals for nothing. I refresh LB with either another LB or with HT.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You keep it on your bar for the off chance that a 4% MG proc will let you cast it for free, on the off chance that you shouldn't be casting HT instead, on the off chance that you throw up another HoT to temporarily benefit from our terrible mastery, or something. Ya, it kinda sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I see a this as a design flaw. I also see it as fact.

complete sentence is
Until you have the regen and the gear to sustain it better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I use it all the time when i get ooc procs and the full HT would be overheal.
It's also insanely good in ToL when you're spammed with ooc procs. It's also extremely good when you need quick heals (chimaeron).

The reason people think it sucks isn't a problem with the spell it's the problem with the resto mastery
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not entirely worthless, sometimes some tard is standing in fire and swiftmend is on cooldown. It's also very useful in tree form once you get lifebloom up on everything. It'll become more useful as we get more regen from gear.

But yeah, it could use a buff/redesign. If it's supposed to be expensive because it's fast we should be getting most of its healing up front.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem is with the spell. Trying to justify that a flash heal is worth using with only OoC procs or that the fact that it can be used with Swiftmend doesn't mean it has no problems.

Without an OoC proc, Regrowth is simply not worth using. The spell shouldn't be negated to being that situational.

If anything I would prefer them to switch the roles of Regrowth and Nourish. Allowing Regrowth to be the efficient heal would allow us have a HoT on any target without costing a ton of mana than currently with Rejuv to use with Swiftmend.

It heals less than other healers flash heal because of the HoT attached to it. When you need a flash heal, you don't a HoT over 6 seconds, you need more healing done.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/20/2010 3:37 AMPosted by Cthös
I use it all the time when i get ooc procs and the full HT would be overheal.

I still use the free HT... either on the lowest DPS (regardless of overheal) or on the tank anyway in case it crits and leaves a ~10k living seed to auto heal the next hit landed. It's free so it's not like it is a waste of mana and the hot part of regrowth is so useless it's not worth casting on a dps for that...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Dont be bad OP.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you're specced into nature's grace, you'd be stupid not to use regrowth. Aside from OOC procs, you should have ng up 25% of the time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
There is a whole lot of bad going on in this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
If Regrowth's cost is similar to flash heal and similar in power, I find I can use it whenever I want as long as I'm not overreacting to damage..just because the tank took a big hit from 100% to 20% doesn't mean another ones about to land..in fact, I imagine the mechanics are such that I DO have time to heal him before the next....slower incoming damage (unless someone does something stupid) is pretty much the constant in this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/20/2010 2:55 AMPosted by Vernia
I see a this as a design flaw. I also see it as fact.

complete sentence is
Until you have the regen and the gear to sustain it better.

Quoting this
for all kinds of
truth
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Regrowth and Nourish are both spells that were unique when they were introduced, and then jammed into this new 3 heal system. While they worked before, they do not work here.

Regrowth is not a viable Flash heal with a portion moved to a miserable HoT (what is flashy about a Hot?). Nourish is not a viable Efficient Heal with it's HoT requirement.

If blizzard wanted to keep the small hot on regrowth, and the hot requirement on nourish, they should of made them so small that they didn't effect the spell 'budget'. Like Regrowth hot would basically just be a free extra, and Nourish's bonus would be more like 5% instead of 20%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]