Holy Mastery Rating - Had to share this!

85 Dwarf Paladin
For those of you who have been melee before (or tank) you probably know how Expertise works (or worked).

Basically, you have a rating which translates into a point, that point then determines your dodge and parry reduction.

For example: Lets say 100 rating = 1 expertise which = 1% (fictional numbers but I don't play melee any longer so go figure). If you have 95 rating, you don't quite manage to get that 1 expertise point, which means you dont get 1%, you also don't get 0.95%. You simply get 0%.

Mastery (at least for Holy) does not do this. It is a percent increase based completely on the rating, though the character sheet shows points similarly to Expertise does, it is EFFECTIVELY POINTLESS. Haha.

For Holy - Mastery Rating = % shielding, period. No point conversion is involved.

I don't care if you already knew this, this is to inform the people that do not know this already. Even if you have 10.92 Mastery you are getting 100% out of your rating, so no worries! :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
so you are saying that 1 pt of mastery rating= 1pt of mastery???

I don't think that works like that maybe for holy but for prot or ret I got a lot of mastery rating but it calculates to about 4 mastery wich gives me 8% more chance to block an attack or 4% more chance to proc hand of light
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Oh lord no. I'm saying rating = % increase, that the "Mastery Points" are not important and have no effect on how much you get, they are merely a method of tracking your current percentage easier.

Prior to discovering this I thought that having say, 10.92 Mastery POINTS was the exact same effectiveness (amount of absorb) as having 10.00 Mastery points.

The way I discovered this was I have 15.68 Mastery POINTS. I remove my boots which drops me down to something like 15.22 (I don't remember exactly, but still more than 15).

The change dropped me from 19% absorb shielding to 18% absorb shielding. That change should NOT happen if Mastery is point based, it can only happen if the percentage is directly related to the rating, and the points are superfluous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]