Do you casters need spirit?

85 Human Priest
12/21/2010 5:31 PMPosted by Ioki
A DPS gearing spirit is a DPS being greedy.

This does not apply to Ele shaman, sorry. We now love the spirit and will roll for it with w/o mercy.

Get your head outta yer arse!!!!

Lol... this fool still doesnt get it.

You can reforge hit... you can't reforge spirit and have it scale as well... if most of you gear is spirit you can't reforge it to scale when you reach / pass hit cap the same that you could reforge pure hit/haste/crit/mastory. Now if most of your gear is hit/haste/crit/mastery, you can reforge your items to suit your needs and have it scale alot better for your stats. Being able to reforge more than a couple of pieces of your gear to max your toon is > being able to reforge one or two and have a stack full of spirit.

lol... keep being a baddie, the game was full of your type in WoLK and it's no suprise to see that you are still around and still the model of what Mr. Baddie is.
Edited by Enkii on 12/22/2010 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest

This does not apply to Ele shaman, sorry. We now love the spirit and will roll for it with w/o mercy.

Lol... this fool still doesnt get it.

You can reforge hit... you can't reforge spirit and have it scale as well... if most of you gear is spirit you can't reforge it to scale when you reach / pass hit cap the same that you could reforge pure hit/haste/crit/mastory. Now if most of your gear is hit/haste/crit/mastery, you can reforge your items to suit your needs and have it scale alot better for your stats. Being able to reforge more than a couple of pieces of your gear to max your toon is > being able to reforge one or two and have a stack full of spirit.

lol... keep being a baddie, the game was full of your type in WoLK and it's no suprise to see that you are still around and still the model of what Mr. Baddie is.

I am not sure what your post is actually trying to state?

For elemental shaman, shadow priests, and balance druids spirit is hit. It is not a partial conversion (at least for shadow priests), it is direct. For those classes/spec combinations, spirit on gear is identical to hit rating. 150 spirit is 150 hit rating.

Spirit is considered a secondary stat and can be reforged just like crit, haste, hit, and mastery. There is no difference (unless I am completely missing it) in reforging spirit or hit. Spirit appears to be budgeted identically to hit.

How is spirit bad for those specs? Maybe I am just not understanding your post?

edit:

For comparison
Shadow of Perfect Bliss vs Azureborne Cloak
Kibble vs Anthia's Ring
Wand of Untainted Power vs Corla's Baton
Modgud's Blade vs Torturer's Mercy
Edited by Chonn on 12/22/2010 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE
I thought this topic was covered and explained before? All armour pieces (cloth/leather/mail) with spirit, except cloaks, are meant to be worn by DPS caster classes who have the proper spirit -> hit conversion talent, since their is no +hit equivalents. All non-amour items, but including cloaks, with spirit on them are meant for healers only, since there ARE +hit equivalents available to all DPS casters.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Pie
I've no idea what you're talking about with regards to white stats vs green stats. I understand the point you are trying to make, but you're just plain wrong.

Hypothetical Item
+160 Intellect
+260 Stamina
+120 Spirit
+98 Haste Rating

is IDENTICAL to (for hybrid DPS casters)

Hypothetical Item(a)
+160 Intellect
+260 Stamina
+120 Hit Rating
+98 Haste Rating

Do you not understand this? The two items give us identical benefits as dps, but when we're healing we get the added benefit of the spirit while the hit would be wasted. Spirit being a "white stat" vs hit being "green" is erroneous and pointless.

A warlock or mage competing with a healer for cloth spirit gear is inappropriate simply because the spirit is completely wasted on them. For us, we not only can use it, but we need it just as we need hit rating. When I reach the hit cap, I can then reforge some hit rating (or spirit, but would prefer to remove hit vs spirit if given the choice) into haste or mastery. If I need to, I can indeed reforge spirit.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I've seen some of them doing it and the answer is always the same:

"Its better than my current piece of garbage if I reforge off the Spirit"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
eh the times whem im bored and decide to PuG I just assume this kind of behaviour, which is disheartening. As many above posters have said its perfectly acceptable for Spriest/ele/boom. But this QQ thread can go either way because healers do roll for pure dps items also. Just expect such behaviour from ppl you don't know and trust. Either way if your that mad about it leave and enjoy your 10 second que time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE
12/27/2010 2:21 PMPosted by Sickskay
I thought this topic was covered and explained before? All armour pieces (cloth/leather/mail) with spirit, except cloaks, are meant to be worn by DPS caster classes who have the proper spirit -> hit conversion talent, since their is no +hit equivalents. All non-amour items, but including cloaks, with spirit on them are meant for healers only, since there ARE +hit equivalents available to all DPS casters.

uhhh no

Uhh, yes?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]