Healing Adventure in Wonderland

90 Worgen Priest
I came into a level 30 dungeon as a replacment. I do not know what happened to the previous healer, but my first impression was not good and I believe I found out.

This was a running dungeon with no rest for mana or even conversation. I ran and healed, but the tank had paper armor and two of the DPS were freelancers. The tank nearly died as I took on mana and he kept drawing mobs despite my OOM voice macro. I will not even mention that aggro was a new concept to our tank and I also had to use fade and shield to stay alive.

One DPS wandered off and was out of range so that my 3 or four attempts at healing him gave me the "out of range" message. When we took down a boss, he came in and asked for a heal. (He was not nice about it.) I had to tell him to stay in range or I could not help.

The kicker came on the last boss. The fight started and then with the boss at half strength the tank quit taking damage. I noticed the Mage was dropping damage fast and i healed him. Turns out the Mage was now tanking. (And doing a very poor job.....er...duh.). I tried healing him, thinking maybe the tank was DC'd or something. But could not keep him healed. He died and the tank took over and killed the boss.

I said, "Sorry, it was almost like the mage was tanking, and I cannot keep a mage alive that tanks, no matter how hard I try." (Same guy who was out of range earlier.)

The tank said. "Its ok, he wanted to tank."
The mage, (who I was rezing), said...."yeah I wanted to try it and I suck."

I was awash in wonder...... I said, "Wow, what a strange group. Thanks" and left. I guess it takes all kinds.
Reply Quote
They were just trying to be funny after the mage owned the dps meter and was too low level to have the stuff to drop aggro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]