got kicked cause the last shaman heals sucked

90 Pandaren Shaman
I learned a lot about healing, and i enchanted all my gear to its correct locations and all i really need now are some nice boots. My earthen rep will take care of that. So i need to grind heroics. I queue, and no more then a minute passes by when I'm asked to accept the group. I accept and enter the dungeon. After i say hello and check out what cc's we have available, a dps says, "sorry but the last shaman had better gear than you and we wiped 20 times."

This was at the lost city(heroic) FIRST MOB of the instance. I just shrugged it off and said ive been here before lets just go. I get a final sorry and im kicked from the group.

So is this what it comes down too?? Blizzard, did this fit into your carefully thought out plan to entertain the healers of cataclysm?? I have yet to find a group since hitting 331 ilvl that finished a heroic dungeon. All i want is the darn chaos orb~~~~
Edited by Shammzy on 12/16/2010 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I haven't run into that situation. But I have left many of heroics myself just because of DPS/Tanks unwilling to CC or "play according to Cataclysm rules". Making instances tougher was a nice idea and all. But unfortunately, they asked a LARGE group of people (DPS) to start taking more responsibility than they have been used to.. Which results in us healers taking the brunt of the criticism when a horrible group fails.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It takes 1(one) dps pulled from your guild or flist to prevent ever being vote kicked. Don't queue solo.

Idiocy seems rampant right now. I've gotten "Yay a shaman!" mostly though. Shaman are one of the best heroic healers, that group is mind-boggling.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
Maybe it was the group that was absolutely atrocious and you were lucky to get kicked.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
You were lucky to get kicked. You would not want to be in that group if they thought they wiped so many times because of the healer. Saved you a huge headache.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
Healing is too hinged on the group being absolutely perfect.

The story you provided was of an absolutely terrible group.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/17/2010 1:43 AMPosted by Goldenstaph
I think I will stick with my original plan of going Elemental. Resto Shaman healing is too hinged on the group being absolutely perfect.

Healing as a whole is now this way. Dps screws up and there is little to no room for a recovery.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/16/2010 11:28 PMPosted by Mistiya
It takes 1(one) dps pulled from your guild or flist to prevent ever being vote kicked. Don't queue solo.

No, the group can kick with a 3:1 majority. I've voted against kicks more than once and still saw them pass. Vote kicks do not need to be unanimous.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just looking at your gear, you may want to consider reviewing some of your choices. You're gearing as though it was still WotLK, stacking haste and neglecting mana regeneration.

You just won't last long this way in a rough heroic fight. Your spirit alone should probably be twice as high as it currently is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]