Holy Paladins moving forward.

It's time for the whining to stop and move forward. This thread is for tactics of healing. There are lots of threads for QQ so take it elsewhere please.

We currently have a lot of synergies at our disposal that we need to utilize to be mana efficient and I would like to share and discuss my findings and others findings and opinions.

First and far most, our "go to" spells. With the talents Daybreak and Infusion of Light, we get a synergy for using Holy Light, Divine Light and Holy Shock. This should be our bread and butter of efficiency. HS procs infusion for -1.5 second cast time on HL / DL. HL / DL procs Daybreak, giving us a free HS off the CD. This is our bread and butter. This also generates a large amount of Holy Power allowing us to use WoG, a basically free heal, that has a 20% chance to not use holy power with talents or a LoD to heal the group. Granted LoD is hard to use most times, it is there to be utilized to heal the group.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
there are many threads like this too in the pally forums
Reply Quote
Holy Radiance isn't a life saver. It's meant to buy you time while you get that precious heal off. When your group / raid is taking damage and you need to buy those few precious seconds to get everyone healed yourself or give another healer time for that big AoE heal bomb (Druid comes to mind) this is invaluable. Not for regular use at a 10k mana cost but certainly has it's use.

In times of heavy damage that you need to gen that extra holy power for a bigger heal and buy time to use that heal, Flash of Light is your spell. with adequit haste, it runs .5 seconds making it our fastest non instant heal for a moderate ammount and generates a holy power to boot if used on your tank with beacon. If you need to spam FoL to keep someone alive beyond 1-2 quick casts, you need to talk to whomever it is and find out why they are taking so much damage, or address your lack of preparation, whichever the case may be.
Reply Quote
With Protector of the Innocent, you heal yourself as well as your target as well as your beaconed target so don't be afraid to get into melee range to use Hammer of Justice to stun that powerful mob or throw a hand of sacrifice on your tank to help mitigate the incoming damage. It's ok if you take 30% damage off your tank because you innately heal yourself while healing others. It's like triple dipping your 2 favorite dips.

Hand of protection can be a vital asset if your DPS aren't listening and taking a lot of damage. They don't get to DPS but they don't die giving you wiggle room to get them healed and catch up. We have a lot more tools at our disposal then most other classes and we need to use them.

Anyone else have tactics or situational "this is better" to share or discuss? Lets move forward and address what we have instead of mourning what we lost.
Edited by Giladria on 12/17/2010 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
I love the hand of sacrifice tip. Has anyone used it successfully? 30% of tank dmg seems high to take on...

And I am still confused about holy light. Hpm of divine light is the same, or close, to hpm of holy light, so that is our goto spell, is it not? Just need to be careful with over healing. No reason to spam hl...wait a few seconds and cast divine instead?

85 on holy pally tonight, super excited to heal for once.
Reply Quote
It's 30% tank damage, but it maxes at 100% your health and as you should be healing still...

The semi-spamming of HL ensures the max proccing for holy power generation. You can hold off and use DL instead but your going to produce less HP overall, so you spamm the lesser cost spell to produce the proc. It's efficient, it's fills the gap, and during a fight there is ALWAYS someone who can use a heal, even a small one.
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
12/17/2010 6:14 AMPosted by Giladria
It's 30% tank damage, but it maxes at 100% your health and as you should be healing still...

The semi-spamming of HL ensures the max proccing for holy power generation. You can hold off and use DL instead but your going to produce less HP overall, so you spamm the lesser cost spell to produce the proc. It's efficient, it's fills the gap, and during a fight there is ALWAYS someone who can use a heal, even a small one.

Ah ok, I guess I misunderstood the patch...thought holy light wasn't going to generate hp at all... So holy light to fill gaps, judge, hs, dl.

On priest flashing the tank twice + gh is what I did if tank fell behind (burst dmg). Without serendipity, is that still viable? I suppose I'd have a wog to throw out in there as well. How do you guys handle burst dmg on tank?
Reply Quote
From what I've seen, with burst damage, I have the choice of subbing s HL with a DL for larger cast or if I wanna burn HP, a WoG fits in nice as a free "OMG" heal and if I'm short on HP, toss a FoL for that HP point (try not to spam too many of them tho, HP maxes at 3) and toss that WoG. If the group is taking damage though and you can hit 3-5 targets, LoD is gunna be a better heal for the HP. Gotta think on your feet about that one.

Also, if you get a proc, ride that proc. It'll get you the best and fastest results for a cheap run. You can get almost 2 HL / DL in 2 secs if Infusion procs or 2 quick HS on the other side of that. It's usually a big enough pop with the smaller heals on procs to carry the damage but think on your feet and determine what you need to cast. This is in no way set in stone, just very effective in my exp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]