The people you're trying to reach aren't here

30 Blood Elf Hunter
Forgive me, or flame me because, I choose to post this on an alt. Blizzard can see who I am and that is who I am addressing.

I have not played since Vanilla so have no fond memories of raiding in game that was revolutionary for its time, but I feel like Healing has devolved.

I don't know how to put this--kind of without words.

The groups your LFD put together can't keep up with what you're asking them to do.

* They don't--the large majority of them anyway--care about threat. Recount-fever has them and there is no cure. Heck, the more time they spend dead, the more time they can fap over DPS (not Damage Done).
* They don't care about CC. They deem that if I'm a good enough healer, they don't need to CC which is unfair to me on many levels, including, trash mobs are actually dangerous now and 4 mobs attacking the tank instead of 3 is not 33% more damage necessarily. Depending on the mob you're not cc'ing, that mob might be 10%, he might be 100%.
* They don't care about mana. Wiping in heroics is not a common thing for me but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't done it. They don't like it when I oom and they'll pull when they think I have enough mana, regardless of how nasty the last pull was.
* In the group's eyes, I am the reason mobs need to be cc'd. Not danger to the tank. You could give a pull 4 mobs that hit for 20k a swing and decrease the groups healing taken by 25% un-cc'd each and when we wipe to that, healers would be blamed. Not the tanks. Not the dps. Me, or my other holy, resto, and disc friends.

Now you can fault me, I'm not in a guild, but frankly.. Wrath burnt me out on raiding. ToC did a number on raiding on my server. I had no problem getting groups to come back throughout the week for Naxx and Uld. ToC, once you were good at it could be done in an hour. I had difficulty for most of ICC getting groups to stick together, regardless of how quickly we progressed.

One might even say, once people saw and killed the fights, they stopped caring.

Whenever a complaint post about a specific type of player is made on these forums, it usually receives the reply: "The people you're trying to reach don't read these forums.".

Blizzard, forgive me but the people you're trying to reach don't read these forums, or your blog posts.. They don't know who "Ghostcrawler" is; referring to you as Blue, as we often do, gets a "Who? What?". You irrevocably changed the game in Wrath and all we're doing now, we who aren't in guilds, or aren't in good guilds, is being punished for how we play this game.

I know every mechanic of every heroics boss. I researched the stuff as best I could before launch and the re-researched it a week later when there was more information, and more importantly, updated information (where changes to certain fights might have been made).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Move to a real server then.
Reply Quote
30 Blood Elf Hunter
It's a shame you chose not to read my post, but I understand, there's so many QQ threads, that people have a thick skin and brunt attitude towards anything they don't agree with.

What I'm talking about here is that Blizzard is not reaching their players, and though I've got no advice for them on how to do so, they need to consider how they're punishing players that do play to their best.

I can play to my 100%. I can play my role perfectly~ but I all the skill in the world can't make the lock banish a mob or make the tank step out of a fire (unless you're a priest, then you can anti-bad once every 1:30).

Being on a better server gives me no more desire to raid than I currently have is not worth the $175~ to move all my toons. Being on a better server guarantees nothing about the behavior of pugs.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
INC
12/17/2010 9:39 AMPosted by Xol

What I'm talking about here is that Blizzard is not reaching their players, and though I've got no advice for them on how to do so, they need to consider how they're punishing players that do play to their best.

Players that indeed are playing their "best" are usually not using tools designed to make the game flow for the 99% of the population that Blizzard isn't "reaching". You are not being punished. Sounds like you want it fast, cheap and easy. And unfortunately that is not supported in any project triangle model I have ever seen.

EDIT: I realize you are looking for a way to have all players on the same high-end page, but when you equate things to being punished... it sounds otherwise in-between the lines.
Edited by Bewere on 12/17/2010 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
30 Blood Elf Hunter
(Edit: Awesome name)

Thank you for an insightful reply.

12/17/2010 9:59 AMPosted by Bewere
Players that indeed are playing their "best" are usually not using tools designed to make the game flow for the 99% of the population that Blizzard isn't "reaching".

It took me a minute to understand what you mean, but do you mean that players playing their best aren't using LFD? You're right. Most players are in guilds and doing guild groups and they do fine and there's reason to work together and figure out what went wrong.

They also care about not unloading too much on one specific person.

You are not being punished. Sounds like you want it fast, cheap and easy.

That's not true. I want Blizzard to find a way to encourage cc other than being easier on me. I also want their LFD tool to do *some* checking so that each group has at least 1, hopefully 2 cc's. This does mean that dps warriors and dk's would see less groups, unless their was a shaman or druid healer. (I don't think Shackle can be counted as a valid CC anymore, with so few uses and holy pally only has turn evil.).

It doesn't matter how far you outgear something, the value of one simple cc is sometimes immeasurable. Hex or Poly on a healing enemy. Any CC on a ranged mob whose not getting dps anyway.

And unfortunately that is not supported in any project triangle model I have ever seen.

EDIT: I realize you are looking for a way to have all players on the same high-end page, but when you equate things to being punished... it sounds otherwise in-between the lines.

That's not what I intended. CC'ing isn't a high end tactic but common sense. "We can take 15 seconds longer on this pull or risk someone dying/the group wiping.". Watching your threat, now that it matters again, isn't a highend tactic, but common sense.

However it is the healer that struggles with these people's mistakes, and if the healer fails to keep them alive, the healer that has less mana and the dps and tank that must endure longer because the dead guy is dumb.
Edited by Xol on 12/17/2010 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]