MY ISSUES WITH MANA ON A PALLY

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the the new healing idea makes healing alot of fun better than standing in a heroic and casting somthing will eating for the daily random. I mean that was kinda boring,but i do have some issues with mana my spells cost alot more and dont seem to heal for any more. I know blizz is tryen to make the fights more complicated but jez u have people that started playing this game in wrath and late in bc, is so lost i dont think they even known they had a cc. So my problem is iam haveing to use big heals to keep up dum dps but if i let them die its a fail idk i would like to see the heals have a little more power or atleast our bigger heals.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Let dumb DPS die. Save your mana for the good ones instead. When they complain, or even if they don't, take the casting time of the rez to tell them what they did wrong.

Some of them might even listen.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Reforge more spirit.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
More spirit mainly, and abuse holy power as much as you can.

Not gonna lie though, not having an in combat regen cooldown (ala shadowfiend/innervate ect.) really sucks. Started raiding last night and the only time I could afford to pop it was during phase transition ect. (when nobody is really taking damage).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/17/2010 9:22 AMPosted by Lashiel
Let dumb DPS die. Save your mana for the good ones instead. When they complain, or even if they don't, take the casting time of the rez to tell them what they did wrong.

Some of them might even listen.

Agreed, if they don't listen it's their own problem. Try a votekick if it becomes a big problem, you're not going to progress in the dungeon is the dps is forcing you to burn your mana.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 9:36 AMPosted by Dumpydump
Not gonna lie though, not having an in combat regen cooldown (ala shadowfiend/innervate ect.) really sucks.

Consider that each time you judge with Seal of Insight, you gain a net amount of 2342 mana (3513 mana return, 1171 mana cost of judging), which is about what a priest gains from one hit of Shadowfiend in current blue gear. This mana regeneration is spread out more over time, but it is comparable in magnitude. (Of course, it can sometimes be hard to fit in the global cooldown to actually judge -- if you could judge on cooldown, you'd regenerate about 70k mana over the duration of the shadowfiend cooldown, 52k mana over the duration of an Innervate cooldown.)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Also consider that Shadowfiend confers 30% of the caster's mana every 5 mins (and Innervate @ 33%), while Divine Plea awards 37.5%. You aren't expected to get the full 15 seconds every single time you use it, if you're using it on cooldown.

If you're having trouble using Divine Plea, I suggest coordinating with your fellow healer(s). A couple moments of allies having to use their Big Heal instead of just Heal is worth you getting 10%+ of your mana back.
Edited by Believe on 12/17/2010 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The biggest problem with "let dps die" is that if you do that you pretty much wipe and you accomplish nothing. Its an easy statement to make but if you want to make any sort of progression you're going to have to heal the idiots too, at least until they learn their class mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 9:56 AMPosted by Angelique
Consider that each time you judge with Seal of Insight, you gain a net amount of 2342 mana (3513 mana return, 1171 mana cost of judging), which is about what a priest gains from one hit of Shadowfiend in current blue gear. This mana regeneration is spread out more over time, but it is comparable in magnitude. (Of course, it can sometimes be hard to fit in the global cooldown to actually judge -- if you could judge on cooldown, you'd regenerate about 70k mana over the duration of the shadowfiend cooldown, 52k mana over the duration of an Innervate cooldown.)

AGREED

Yea i use my judgement as often as the cd is up but it takes 5 to 6 flash of lights to get the tank back to a comfortable place for me and then oom to be honest i dont think its so much of the mana regain or any of the other issues others might have i would like to have bigger heals,hints killed our crits i could be happy if my crit was better or up the healing and cost more mana and i would be happy. I havent ever complained but jez theres alot of baddies out there that think fire is a buff lol and i cant remeber a fight that fire was a buff idk,but boy plp love it really like the blue fire
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
divine plea takes 50% of our heals away so with my heals already being so low i use it when looking at the boss idk is that wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 10:06 AMPosted by Collosius
The biggest problem with "let dps die" is that if you do that you pretty much wipe and you accomplish nothing. Its an easy statement to make but if you want to make any sort of progression you're going to have to heal the idiots too, at least until they learn their class mechanics.

Wrong. If the keep taking damage, and you heal them, you go oom faster, and the group wipes. You let them die, they dont cost you mana anymore, and youll have an easier time keeping the group up.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/17/2010 10:16 AMPosted by Sajuuk
You let them die, they dont cost you mana anymore, and youll have an easier time keeping the group up.

You let them die, and the fight lasts another 40 seconds, and you have to pull that mana outta somewhere. =)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Yea i use my judgement as often as the cd is up but it takes 5 to 6 flash of lights to get the tank back to a comfortable place for me and then oom

This is your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
explain aluhana plz idk maybe it is but a tank has 124k in heroics and my flash of light heals for around 16k to 24kcrit holy light is 9k 12k crits divine light 24k to 34kcrit usally happens agian when a dps screws up and cant interrupt. And if i let a dps die some fights doesnt matter but some its a wipe. so to let dps kie kinda depends on what fight or boss iam at. I mean most of them dps can relase and come back in so why not let them die.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 9:56 AMPosted by Angelique
Not gonna lie though, not having an in combat regen cooldown (ala shadowfiend/innervate ect.) really sucks.

You forgot meleeing for Insight procs as well. Pally's actually have the most diverse mana conservation/restoration toolbox of all the healers IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
12/17/2010 10:50 AMPosted by Jimbean
explain aluhana plz idk maybe it is but a tank has 124k in heroics and my flash of light heals for around 16k to 24kcrit holy light is 9k 12k crits divine light 24k to 34kcrit usally happens agian when a dps screws up and cant interrupt. And if i let a dps die some fights doesnt matter but some its a wipe. so to let dps kie kinda depends on what fight or boss iam at. I mean most of them dps can relase and come back in so why not let them die.

you shouldn't be spamming flash of light because you will run out of mana quickly.

remember flash of light is only a emergency heal, you shouldn't be topping the people HP, just try to maintain between 60%-80% of his health :)

-sorry for my bad english-

edit: write some mistakes :x
Edited by Aluhana on 12/17/2010 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol np my aint that great but yes i see what u are saying and thats what i try to do but it takes 5 to 6 flash of lights to get them back to 50to60% after a large hit thats why i would love to see a increase on the heals since they !***d my crit!

my biggest spells i use are holy light and holy shock and my judgment and run might arua for the little mana it gives back divine light is about point less to me
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/17/2010 10:06 AMPosted by Jimbean

AGREED

Yea i use my judgement as often as the cd is up but it takes 5 to 6 flash of lights to get the tank back to a comfortable place for me and then oom to be honest i dont think its so much of the mana regain or any of the other issues others might have i would like to have bigger heals,hints killed our crits i could be happy if my crit was better or up the healing and cost more mana and i would be happy. I havent ever complained but jez theres alot of baddies out there that think fire is a buff lol and i cant remeber a fight that fire was a buff idk,but boy plp love it really like the blue fire

Don't use Flash of Light that much!!

Divine Light is your new go to heal. Just try not to overheal a lot.

As for the stacking spirit, I don't. I have begun stacking Int, then Mastery, then Crit. I use FoL in emergency's, let dumb dps die(cant heal through stupid), and DL is my main heal. Judge as much as you can. Also I use cooldowns as much as I can and don't save them. I've been have a lot less issues in Heroics with this tactic.

Good Luck!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been running up and melee-ing when I get oom, use crusader strike for HP and do a lil holy radiance dance. seems to help some.

In some cases with judgements and a lil creativity I can actually get from oom to 40-50% mana fairly quickly.

I think we're just going to have to get more creative or reroll.

divine plea make me sad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]