Guild Dungeon & Raid Achievement Requirements

Currently the requirements to get guild dungeon and raid achievements do not make sense. A requirement based on a set number of people from the guild is biased to large guilds.

I do note that one 85 guild member soloing a level 10 dungeon for guild credit does meet the spirit of the achievement, but there is another side. Recently my guild completed Naxx 10 man raid with 6 guild members. 5 of the 6 were 80, and we had one 81. We did not get the achievement because it requires 8/10. This seems to meet the spirit of the achievement.

I would suggest a % requirement on guild achievements.

Dungeons (80% Guild of level appropriate guild members or maybe slightly larger level range)
Raids (80% Guild) - It is probably unrealistic to ever have your guild finish 60 raid content with level appropriate toons.

If my guild can beat level appropriate content with less than the required number of guild members, we should get credit and guild experience.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Needing 4-8 people is "biased to large guilds"? Please... lol.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I was shocked as well... we have done some content with less than the required 4/8/20 pple and yet were 100% guildees. I dont think it's being biased to large gulids albeit easier for large guilds but thats a personal choice on each member and what they feel is important to them in a guild. I do agree however, that it should be percentage based, at least for raids... not saying 1 person should be allowed to whip thru all the classic dungeons, either.

Perhaps make it percentage based but that you have to meet the level requirement.... this would create a balance I think, between raiding guilds and everyone else. Raiding guilds of course are going to be able to progress and get the harder raid achievements... but just as important... just as much worth are the other achievements for lower level dungeons... this is where a smaller but more of a mix of players could make a difference.

Percentage based but at level requirement for dungeon/raid achievements.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree. Though I'd like to see it phrased as: "Two or more guild members forming at least 50% of the party."

So 2 guild members with 5 people present doesn't qualify.

But 3 members in a 5 person party would fit.

If 3 from one guild, and 3 from another ran a 10-man instance with 6 people total both guilds would get the achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I must chime in as well, first Amaranthus, yes, 4 to 8 players is hard to get for many small guilds. Our guild is family and close real world friends only, as not all our friends play WOW that means we can typically only count on 3 or 4 people tops of the same level and workable classes for the various dungeons and raids.

That being said, as things are it is impossible for us to get 10 man guild runs or higher as we simply do not have 8 people of suitable level, ever.

I agree with the idea of making the achievement based on a percentage of guild people involved, if 3 people are running Black Temple, all thee from the same guild then that is a 100% guild run of Black Temple and should be counted as such. We brought a fourth to help from outside our guild, that is 3 of 4 in guild in that dungeon, thus 75% guild and still should count for achievement purposes.

Do not penalize us for choosing to not have 300 people in our guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i totally agree. my guild is small, has alot of alts, but only a handful of "active" players. Percentage based guild members for heroics and raids should be accountable toward guild achievements. Since Pandaria's release, not many from our server wants to run classic heroics or raids because they are "obsolete" to current content, thus making our guild achievements harder on us to obtain. i think only 3 roles (tank/heals/dps) need to be covered for achieves, dungeons or raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree. Though I'd like to see it phrased as: "Two or more guild members forming at least 50% of the party."

So 2 guild members with 5 people present doesn't qualify.

But 3 members in a 5 person party would fit.

If 3 from one guild, and 3 from another ran a 10-man instance with 6 people total both guilds would get the achievement.

I second this opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
could they change it so that if 2 or more toon from a guild go through old content like ahn'qiraj could earn the achievement. i was planning on running through classic and BC content with a friend to get those guild achievements for our guild. basically only 2 of us are active so does that mean we cant get the achievements?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]