Rolling a healer

48 Dwarf Warlock
So, basically my buddies decided to make a feral druid and a protection paladin and I made this warlock. The only problem is, they hate healing and always complain about healer this, healer that, and they want me to make a healer. I was always a healer, with a paladin being my first character, a priest in BC, and a shaman in WoTLK.

The only problem is at this time I have no idea what healer to roll. I tried leveling a priest and just couldn't get into, the same goes for paladin. I have never played a druid. How are they? Fun? What about shaman? Maybe I should just throw down the money to server transfer my shaman. Is it even worth it with the way healing is right now?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
All healing sucks at the moment. Shaman however seem to be pretty stable, and right about where Blizzard wants them. Stop being cheap and throw down the money :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I would say Druid since you've yet to play it, but since tree isn't perma-skin anymore. I find them quite pointless :/
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Don't listen to these guys, healing is hellah fun! At max lvl I'd say priest is the most fun, but druid is the most fun to level.

12/17/2010 11:41 AMPosted by Kopelin
I would say Druid since you've yet to play it, but since tree isn't perma-skin anymore. I find them quite pointless :/

What what what? Tree not being perma skin is awesome! You can finaly show off your gear and the game is balanced around it! Can't get much better than that.
Edited by Draghinazzo on 12/17/2010 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
48 Dwarf Warlock
Druid seems like a good choice. I hear they have changed a lot too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I have to agree that healing is fun. Frusterating at times, but if you're running with guildies or RL friends then it's very rewarding.

If you liked Paladin & Shaman playstyle in Wrath, You'll love Shaman in Cata
If you like warlock in BC, You'll like holy priest or druid in Cata
If you liked Druid or holy in Wrath, You'll love Paladin in Cata
If you like Disc, you know how nice a balanced a disc priest can be

There's also a hidden bonus for each of the healers in 5 mans. Druids, Shamans & Paladins get good mana regen & a sprint, while Priests can stop a tank from chain-pulling by pulling him away from the mobs.

As for Being Hybrid, i.e. dealing damage while in a healing spec, Pallys (Shockadin) are on top, followed by Disc, Shaman, Druid, and Holy Priest.
Edited by Vogie on 12/17/2010 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
48 Dwarf Warlock
Sounds like shaman or druid! Druid would be something new...
Reply Quote
48 Dwarf Warlock
bump
Reply Quote
48 Dwarf Warlock
12/17/2010 4:32 PMPosted by Iheals
I would roll a druid and duel spec so you can actually level and have fun.
I leveled Holy from start to finish.....Dont do that.

Yeah, my pally is 80 and my druid is 63 but the change of pace sounds cool
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/17/2010 11:34 AMPosted by Twos
So, basically my buddies decided to make a feral druid and a protection paladin and I made this warlock. The only problem is, they hate healing and always complain about healer this, healer that, and they want me to make a healer. I was always a healer, with a paladin being my first character, a priest in BC, and a shaman in WoTLK.

The only problem is at this time I have no idea what healer to roll. I tried leveling a priest and just couldn't get into, the same goes for paladin. I have never played a druid. How are they? Fun? What about shaman? Maybe I should just throw down the money to server transfer my shaman. Is it even worth it with the way healing is right now?

Go shaman for sure, especially if you didn't like the priest. Level as elemental if you're leveling with your buddies, because elemental uses the same gear as resto (literally - spirit = hit rating for elemental).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As for Being Hybrid, i.e. dealing damage while in a healing spec, Pallys (Shockadin) are on top, followed by Disc, Shaman, Druid, and Holy Priest.

What the hell is a shockadin(rhetorical question)? And why did you even mention it on here(I think you should kill yourself for mentioning this.)?
Reply Quote
Not having tree form permanent is actually to the druid's advantage: they're much harder to find now. The trees were always the first healers I killed on my rogue because they were the easiest to see. Oh look, there's a tree. <gank>

All the healers seem about the same now. There are some quirks here and there, but the concept for each is pretty similar. And shockadin don't count as healers. They are "We're just barely short on healing, but can't afford to lose all of someone's dps, so we'll meet halfway." Good for leveling when your ms is heals and that's about it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/17/2010 11:39 AMPosted by Evall
All healing sucks at the moment. Shaman however seem to be pretty stable, and right about where Blizzard wants them. Stop being cheap and throw down the money :)

Healing has been changed drastically, many would argue its less fun. I think its the bee's knees.

Roll whatever you like, I've just gotten my 4th healer to 85 last night and they all seem to have their strengths and weaknesses.

I'll be sticking with my priest as I've always loved wearing robes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]