Debuffing is the real mana eater

90 Night Elf Druid
Healing is getting to be workable , i usually let one ag ridden melee die if needed for mana
conversation . However , debuffing is eating up my mana . I take it it's not covered in clear casting ? . If it's a shortish fight should i need to debuff anyway ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My fave debuff to ignore is the first boss in Heroic Stonecore..I only remove that debuff on the tank and then AoE heal bit when it fades. No one else should be taking damage anyway if the adds were killed, shards were avoided, and crystals were aoe'd properly.

I would say learn the debuffs so you know which ones can be ignored and which are omg important.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
The most annoying one is that lifedrain in Shadowfang Keep.
They spam it and it drains 30k hp over 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/17/2010 1:24 PMPosted by Enum

Yeah, and they love to put multiple ones on the same target. Brutal to Cleanse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard as revamped the dispelling system, this is most likely the cause to your problem. However, the basics of debuffs are still there. Some will stack and cause more damage the higher the stacks get. Some will be applied once and do LOTS of damage quickly until dispelled. Some will be applied once and do LOTS of damage after X amount of time. Some will snare/stun/slow people and prevent them from doing mechanics of a fight, most likely causing great harm or death. THESE are the debuffs to be dispelled.

While this is all said and done, this can free up GCDs for healers as we are now primary dispellers. BUT now we have to learn on what fights what debuffs cause bad things like the above to happen. MOST of the time I spend now is memorizing what debuffs to dispel rather than in previous expansions i just spam dispelled everything whenever I got the chance. (Scrolling over debuffs and waiting for DBM to yell at me sometimes is suboptimal most of the time now as trash has the most debuffs, in heroics at least /cry) Which goes to show you blizzard has successfully changed my mindset on dispelling.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/17/2010 1:26 PMPosted by Xetene

Yeah, and they love to put multiple ones on the same target. Brutal to Cleanse.

I actually stopped removing it because I didn't notice much difference in the pulls when I didn't. I will remove it if someone gets 2 stacks on them though. 30k over 5 seconds is nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So far I have been pretty safe only dispelling the tank. I also assume that anything that isn't a magic debuff doesn't need to be dispelled. So far it's worked out.

The only magic debuff that I found that absolutely needs to be dispelled is bind shadows... and that can be avoided anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

You need to make intellegent decisions on if dispelling is worth it or not. The answer varies on the buff, who its on, and the situation. Its not an automatic responce anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]