Fury:
Intercept - 20 second cd
Heroic leap - 40 second cd
Heroic fury - 30 second cd

Arms:
Charge - 20 second cd
intercept - 30 second cd
heroic leap - 1 min cd

I am not one of the hunters who is qq'in about us being nerfed right now, I think we are just fine. I am more concerned about the massive amount of gap closers classes are getting. I can't keep a warrior off my ass for more then 3 seconds before I am back in melee range.

I might be picking on warriors here but this thread also applies to sub rogues and frost mages (perma fozen).

Just want to hear from other classes how they might go about getting, and keeping, range on these classes.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
You're not.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Most mobile class in the game.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
They normalized health in this expansion. They made armor even less useful than in the past due to either armor ignoring magic, or abilities that bypass. They are allowing warriors more uptime. I think it's time to ask for Hunters to not have the range requirement for their ranged weapons, similar to all other casters. If a Hunter is stuck in melee, it's not fun for them because they can't do anything. If a melee is stuck at ranged from a hunter, it's not fun for melee because they can't do anything. Casters can still cast up close and have equal health. If they'd balance hunters around being able to attack at any range, they'd not have to deal with the binary problem of being completely screwed or completely OP depending on where they are standing.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
Scatter Shot > Freezing Trap > Deterrence > Disengage > Master's Call > Readiness > repeat

If you haven't gotten away by doing that then I you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Let's put it this way: If you have more ways to keep away from them than they have ways to catch up, how often are they going to be on you?

Now that you realize that the answer to this is "never", next question: How much damage does a melee class do when it's not in melee?

Final question: If a class that does little to no damage outside of melee is never in melee, how much damage does it do?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Colossus Smash is fine, learn to play.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/18/2010 11:08 AMPosted by Zing
Scatter Shot > Freezing Trap > Deterrence > Disengage > Master's Call > Readiness > repeat

you can't be serious...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
12/18/2010 10:59 AMPosted by Gorshakt
They normalized health in this expansion. They made armor even less useful than in the past due to either armor ignoring magic, or abilities that bypass. They are allowing warriors more uptime. I think it's time to ask for Hunters to not have the range requirement for their ranged weapons, similar to all other casters. If a Hunter is stuck in melee, it's not fun for them because they can't do anything. If a melee is stuck at ranged from a hunter, it's not fun for melee because they can't do anything. Casters can still cast up close and have equal health. If they'd balance hunters around being able to attack at any range, they'd not have to deal with the binary problem of being completely screwed or completely OP depending on where they are standing.

I think that's the most compelling argument I've ever heard for the removal of minimum range. I never considered it before, and I can't believe that I haven't, but it really does seem that much of our pendulous power is predicated on the need to make it powerful when useful, but highly situational. It seems on the surface that evening out our damage potential, regardless of range will eliminate the need for gaps and closers to a great degree, or at least mitigate imbalance that exists as a result of class design.

If everyone had 3 closers and escapes it would be a game of skill. When one class automatically has more tools, which compound their opponents weakness so perversely it's not a contest but a demonstration. It was exactly the same when warriors could be kept at range by hunters. Playing a warrior was infuriating. Neither class should hold domain over another so obviously. Sadly I only see things getting worse as they add more skills and modifiers. Way too much going on in this game to hope for any real balance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter

My favorite part was repeat.
Edited by Karamok on 12/18/2010 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

If you've let us get away then you are doing it wrong. And I hear deterrence works against overpower... and that we can use it when disarmed...also, we can escape while under throwdown, or imp. hamstring. Now do explain to me, how exactly, step by step, would you lose to a hunter?
Edited by Samarana on 12/18/2010 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/18/2010 11:16 AMPosted by Stoutfist
Colossus Smash is fine, learn to play.

Ret is fine, dispels are fine, learn to play.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL

If you've let us get away then you are doing it wrong. And I hear deterrence works against overpower... and that we can use it when disarmed...also, we can escape while under throwdown, or imp. hamstring. Now do explain to me, how exactly, step by step, would you lose to a hunter?

The OP himself mentioned our 3 gap closers. One being buggy and hardly usable in the up and down terrain of BGs, and certain arenas. I mentioned at least 3 combinations of negating a gap closer. But I also didn't even mention a pet ability, most hunters have the stun or root, some have the disarm. All huge against warriors, the stun or root is another opportunity to escape a warrior. You're also capable of resetting all of them instantly with Readiness, that is at least 8 ways of getting away from a melee. Maybe you should stop blaming the class and start blaming the player?

edit: oh I forgot entrapment too.

My favorite part was repeat.

Glad it was. Are you implying that you can't do that? Last time I checked Readiness resets those cooldowns.
Edited by Zing on 12/18/2010 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
It can-hooray for us? I'm not seeing how that saves us at all. Warrior can stun the second he gets on us. And we are actually helpless. Why do you persist in your curious notions that we are somehow viable, when looking at all the stats and data since cata shows us getting stomped? Is your argument that every hunter is somehow mentally handicapped? Great, we've escaped. Now we have to damage you. and no, those autoshots arent going to dent you-cause thats what weve been doing while running from you. Now that weve used all our focus getting at range (cause even with fox on, focus regen would still be rather slow), how do we kill you, exactly? Pet does maybe 2k a second, with no focus we can do 2-3k dps. How long until you get in range to kill us?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]