How am i supposed to get away?

85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
12/18/2010 7:22 PMPosted by Gëcko
It can-hooray for us? I'm not seeing how that saves us at all. Warrior can stun the second he gets on us. And we are actually helpless. Why do you persist in your curious notions that we are somehow viable, when looking at all the stats and data since cata shows us getting stomped? Is your argument that every hunter is somehow mentally handicapped? Great, we've escaped. Now we have to damage you. and no, those autoshots arent going to dent you-cause thats what weve been doing while running from you. Now that weve used all our focus getting at range (cause even with fox on, focus regen would still be rather slow), how do we kill you, exactly? Pet does maybe 2k a second, with no focus we can do 2-3k dps. How long until you get in range to kill us?

I didn't comment on Hunter damage. The OP simply asked how he could get away from melee, using warriors as an example. I showed how he can and should get away from warriors.

As far as damage goes, Hunters might not be doing high burst at the moment, but they can still apply pressure. Hunters are on a knifes edge at the moment with balance. The biggest drawback atm is they don't have high burst, but they are now able to shoot on the move and still maintain the CC that they had. Can you honestly say that if Hunters did the damage of warriors/feral/frost mages at the moment that they would be balanced? Hunter damage is notoriously hard to avoid unless you have a pillar to hug, and that means you aren't doing any damage yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
12/18/2010 7:43 PMPosted by Minotaurum
Hide.

Kill them while they're not targeting you.

That's pretty much the only way to keep a Warrior off of you.

Wrong, and hilarious coming from a Feral druid.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
12/18/2010 7:53 PMPosted by Minotaurum

Says the Warrior.

Just because I'm the only spec/class you can't take down with minimal effort doesn't mean you get to dodge the issue.

I was referring to the fact that a Hunter would have a much harder time keeping a Feral Druid off them then a Warrior. But if you want to get into it, the same can be said of any class trying to kill a feral druid.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/18/2010 4:08 PMPosted by Solwolf
Colossus Smash is fine, learn to play.

Ret is fine, dispels are fine, learn to play.

Except dispels and ret are not fine while colossus smash is fine. You can easily counter colossus smash by keeping your peels for when the warrior pops it. What's ret's counter to dispels now?

Oh wait, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. As usual. And instead of offering an actual retort, you reply with usual BS.

"But Stoutfist!" you say, "You didn't offer an actual retort either!"

No, but dozens, hundreds of people have done so in a dozen threads that each have several pages. If you don't understand at this point, you'll never understand.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I can counter CS? How?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Warriors are pretty broken. Reason? They're designed to almost keep up with frost mages. The moment you add a dispel (Which every healer can do now, and pvp isnt balanced around 1v1) warriors become an unpeelable monster.

Any caster that isn't a frost mage has one hell of a time.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Good hunters still beat warriors in duels, force heroic leap and then master's call and kite from 40 yds, he can't charge/intercept you like that.

This is duels only, in arenas you'll just train warriors with your team anyways so he'll turtle.

Also, save monkey stun for throwdown so you can trinket intercept, does wonders.
Edited by Lilith on 12/18/2010 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Stand on a hill at 40 yards and the warrior will never get to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]