Click the Lightwell...

85 Human Priest
Just saying...

If you think it's above you to heal yourself after you f**k up, then please reverse the roles.

So many random groups that are too busy staring at the metres, mashing every button they have with their eyes inches away from recount which is plastered into 80% of their screen.

No more kicking the healer because you fail.

Just saying...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Put a !***ing lightwell up for once and I will.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
12/18/2010 8:47 AMPosted by Kamazhi
Put a !***ing lightwell up for once and I will.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
random groups

I found your problem.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
In a random normal the other day the following situation occurred:

Rogue stands in fire from 100% of hp to about 10% hp.
Priest healer lifegrips rogue to safety (conveniently right beside lightwell)
Rogue runs directly back into the fire without clicking on the lightwell.
Rogue is now at about 5% hp so I drop shadow form and pull rogue out of fire again. (Conveniently beside lightwell)
Rogue runs to fire and dies.
Boss dies.

Party chat from rogue "Why are you such a terrible healer you scrub?"
Chat from tank (who didn't pop a cooldown or anything to help keep himself alive) "l2p priest"
party chat from priest healer "Sorry, tried to save you rogue but the tank was dying and I was almost oom, next time if you could hit the lightwell and stay out of the fire you will probably live."
Rogue replies "Screw you scrubs. l2p. Don't pull me off the boss."
Vote kick goes up for the healer. Reason: Priest.
I voted no but the kick worked.
I was kicked immediately after that.

Sometimes you just can't win.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Maybe you should consider everything that a dps has to keep up with during a heroic boss encounter these days. We might be a little too busy trying to maximize dps while avoiding obstacles to even notice that you have put a lightwell down.

#showtooltip
/cast lightwell
/y LIGHTWELL DOWN
/p LIGHTWELL DOWN
/s LIGHTWELL DOWN

Have fun not getting your dps to click it with that macro.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Lightwell is amazing. And it doesn't matter how good or responsible you are, everyone takes damage. Use it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Party chat from rogue "Why are you such a terrible healer you scrub?"
Chat from tank (who didn't pop a cooldown or anything to help keep himself alive) "l2p priest"
party chat from priest healer "Sorry, tried to save you rogue but the tank was dying and I was almost oom, next time if you could hit the lightwell and stay out of the fire you will probably live."
Rogue replies "Screw you scrubs. l2p. Don't pull me off the boss."
Vote kick goes up for the healer. Reason: Priest.
I voted no but the kick worked.
I was kicked immediately after that.

wow stories like this infuriate me. this is why i dont pug lol. that and i keep getting !**#ing RAGNAROS AND DRAKKARI latin servers who dont speak english.
Reply Quote
Holy priests aren't balanced around the use of lightwell.

Would it help? Sure. But you walked into a random with high expectations, so you are the one to blame here.

I'd kick a healer that was looking for an easy ride too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
But I do click it....

When its down and I need a heal.....

I just have never grouped with you thats prolly why you think I don't.

(P.S. Lightwell, even though I use it, is still a terrible spell imo)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I have to remind our priests to drop lightwell during raids :P

12/18/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Sothe
(P.S. Lightwell, even though I use it, is still a terrible spell imo)

Lightwell is actually a pretty cool spell and amazingly effective atm.
Edited by Kolzi on 12/18/2010 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/18/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Tashre

Would it help? Sure. But you walked into a random with high expectations, so you are the one to blame here.

Reply Quote
I like to control pug groups by bringin3 of my own people. If someone !##!*es about dps heals when a lightwell is up we flame the into submission or /kick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
tl;dr for the ADD-kiddies: Don't stand in fire and don't expect to be at 100% HP all the time, do everything you can to keep yourself alive, including using Pots and Bandages and Lightwells.

I play DPS classes, and Healers and Tanks, and by no means am I here to bash, but something about this post just caught me wrong:

I'd kick DPS that refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, like standing in fire, and %!!!%ing about a Healer letting them die.

I'd kick DPS that ignore fight mechanics because they want to get off that one last cast while standing in fire, and if they die because they stood in fire waiting for a cast bar to finish, then it was pointless anyways.

I'd kick DPS that don't follow CC order and kill order.

I'd kick DPS that don't know what CC abilities they have and refuse to use them.

I'd kick DPS that don't use Healing resources available to them like Pots and Bandages and a Lightwell.

From all the posts I've read here, with DPSers lecturing anyone who isn't DPS that comes in here that you don't need to be taught your class, I agree. Every non-baddie WoW player SHOULD know their own class, but from DPS posts in the Tanking and Healing forums, it seems that DPS expect the Tanks and Healers to not only know their own class but EVERY other class and the dungeons as well.

It's not too much for Tanks and Healers to expect DPS to know their own class. I KNOW everyone here does, but is it SO unrealistic to expect other DPS to know what CCs are available to their own class?

No one expects an easy run until they over-gear the instances and if DPS won't do anything to help keep themselves alive to keep doing DPS, then that's not my problem. If the Healer tried to save your ass, he's doing his job. It doesn't hurt you to take a little care in not running through the same stuff he just pulled you out of.

I dunno, maybe as a Healer I expect people to actually do what they're supposed to, like know your class? When I ask a Mage to Polymorph something and have to wait 3 minutes while he "puts it on my action bar" that's a fail on the DPSers part (and I bet no one here is that fail). The excuse that "we've seen the content, we don't need to CC, they're too easy" with the new healing paradigm just doesn't fly anymore. Healing is more about efficiency and to %!!!% at a healer because you're not at 100% ALL the time is unrealistic. Healing requires Triage now, and if you're not a priority target, you're not going to be full up, but the expectation on the Healer's part is that you're not going to do dumb #%*# like stand in a fire to get that last spell off even if it kills you, and it most likely will.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Rogue
So instead of renew, you expect us to go out and farm mats for those rai-- oh wait. They're heroics or normal dungeons. If you can't heal a heroic then you need to keep doing dungeons or get some addons to help you be more effecient / tell the tank "I'M OOM NOW!!".

Reply Quote
12/18/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Tashre

I think my face just left an indent in my desk.

Just...

/sigh
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
12/18/2010 4:39 PMPosted by Rhhawr
So instead of renew, you expect us to go out and farm mats for those rai-- oh wait. They're heroics or normal dungeons. If you can't heal a heroic then you need to keep doing dungeons or get some addons to help you be more effecient / tell the tank "I'M OOM NOW!!".

Yes, it's not entirely unrealisitic for us to use our self-healing abilities. If you don't know how to CC, then you need to relearn your class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]