Click the Lightwell...

85 Goblin Warlock
you can even click lightwells WHILE casting
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
And click them from 20 yds away I believe, <3 lightwell.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/18/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Tashre
Holy priests aren't balanced around the use of lightwell.

Would it help? Sure. But you walked into a random with high expectations, so you are the one to blame here.

I'd kick a healer that was looking for an easy ride too.

Just like I would kick a mage for not using it when it's nearby them and probably thinks that 8k is good dps for heroics.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Tell use it's there and where you are going to put it first
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I like how this turned into a debate of peoples skills. I merely suggested that if you stuff up, which we all do, we're human (for the most part), that you rectify your mistake by healing yourself up with a simple right click. Time how long it takes you to right click your mouse, a mere modicum of a second. Lightwells aren't tiny specs of camouflaged material: they are big f**king pillars of light. If you can't see them, please attempt to reduce the size of recount on your screen.

12/18/2010 9:09 AMPosted by Rectangle
Maybe you should consider everything that a dps has to keep up with during a heroic boss encounter these days. We might be a little too busy trying to maximize dps while avoiding obstacles to even notice that you have put a lightwell down.

^ this is just the pinnacle of stupidity. You blatantly ignore game mechanics to "concentrate on maximizing dps". Would you possibly consider that a healer is also maximizing efficiency and to keep people alive as well as staying out of the fire?

This thread has created a big dent in my desk with the amount of head slams at how ignorant some of you are.

Granted I didn't heal in vanilla, I started as a mage. But from BC onwards I have healed, and it got easier over time, however it has reverted back to being a challenge again, as well as a challenge for other classes to take responsibilty for their own actions.

If you wish to dig at the skills of healers, then please attempt one yourself before you make a suggestion that makes you sound like a mouthbreather. If you think I lack skill, by all means please check the progression I've made in cata already.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/18/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Tashre
Holy priests aren't balanced around the use of lightwell.

Would it help? Sure. But you walked into a random with high expectations, so you are the one to blame here.

I'd kick a healer that was looking for an easy ride too.

rofl you are !#@*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Love Lightwell!

Lets me Life Tap during a fight guilt free.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I adore lightwells. It helps obscenely well with lifetap.

Edited to add lol at reply above, too. I think warlocks love lightwell universally lol.
Edited by Selenora on 12/19/2010 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

12/18/2010 9:09 AMPosted by Rectangle
Maybe you should consider everything that a dps has to keep up with during a heroic boss encounter these days. We might be a little too busy trying to maximize dps while avoiding obstacles to even notice that you have put a lightwell down.

^ this is just the pinnacle of stupidity. You blatantly ignore game mechanics to "concentrate on maximizing dps". Would you possibly consider that a healer is also maximizing efficiency and to keep people alive as well as staying out of the fire?

I said that we might not notice it with everything going on. I then made a suggestion to make it insanely obvious that you put it down.

What's your problem? Trying to maximize my dps, which is something that all dps should do in all circumstances, while avoiding 50 things at once (I am a melee) might make it kind of hard to notice when you drop a lightwell right after you drop it. It's kinda small, and usually never near melee.

Use the macro I suggested and you'll never have a problem with your dps not noticing that you've placed it while they're maximizing their dps while avoiding mechanics. Refusing to use a macro that alerts your group that you placed lightwell means that you either expect your group to be psychic or you don't care about your group maximizing their dps. Either way you're the one at the 'pinnacle of stupidity.'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]