Trying to Get Exalted with Ironforge

77 Night Elf Hunter
Hi,

I tried searching for this topic, but I couldn't find anything. I've looked on wowwiki too, but I am still confused.

I am a night elf trying to become exalted with Ironforge, so I can get an awesome Ram mount. Right now I am in the Hinterlands doing menial tasks for dwarves, but I don't seem to be getting any reputation for quests anymore.

Also, Cataclysm apparently got rid of cloth quartermasters, but is there any other way to get my rep up with Ironforge? I've never done battlefields, but I have heard that they could help, but I really prefer PvE to PvP.

I'm not that new of a player, but I am a casual gamer who is playing for the first time in a year or so. Your guidance and patience would be greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
First off, don't use Wowwiki anymore. Wowpedia is the place to be. :) (Wowwiki is not maintained really anymore.)

Go to Ironforge, buy a tabard from the quartermaster next to the flight master, and wear it into every old world dungeon you enter at your level. That's the fastest and best way to get rep now. Because of this, there are no more cloth quartermasters.

Soon you'll be exalted in no time! :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In addition to performing any quests that give Ironforge or Alliance reputation directly, you can purchase an Ironforge Tabard in Ironforge, and gain reputation for Ironforge in any classic dungeon.

You can find the clarifications made to where you can/cannot earn reputation using a city tabard here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127000356?page=1#9
Edited by Miyari on 12/18/2010 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Double post, oops. :)
Edited by Miyari on 12/18/2010 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
77 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you! That is just what I needed!
Reply Quote
Also, the old method was to hit the starting area and quest through the next couple zones. You can still do that, but many starter quests are no longer available to other races, so you'll miss a big chunk of rep.

As far as the dwarves in Hinterlands, the Wildhammer clan is part of the Alliance, but I don't think they're affiliated with a specific faction yet like Ironforge, even though they have a representative back in IF now. Not positive since I haven't quested in those areas yet.
Reply Quote
77 Night Elf Hunter
I did most of the starting area, and I am halfway between revered and exalted. I picked up a tabard, and now I'm trying to select a dungeon that I can solo and still get decent rep for. I'm going to try Blackfathom Deeps to see how that goes.

The Wildhammer dwarves aren't giving me any sort of rep, and it doesn't look like the Hinterlands have gone through any interesting changes, so I am off to Kalimdor.

Also, I looked at Wowpedia, but it looks like they still need to update a lot of their info for Cataclysm. Combined with the lack of patch notes on this site, it is all a little confusing. So, I really appreciate everyone's advice!
Reply Quote
Could probably do Deadmines too, although it's as spread out as Blackfathom. However, the bosses there are new, whereas the ones in BFD appear to be the same as they've always been (same bosses, and same difficulty from what I saw).

When you mouse over the Wildhammer dwarves, if it doesn't say "Ironforge" under their name, then nope, they're not affiliated and won't give IF rep.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Paladin
Assuming you are looking for quests that specifically give you IF rep, don't forget that quests that give you Alliance rep give you 25% of what you gained to each faction in the Alliance.
Reply Quote
77 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks again for all the great advice!

I looked on wowhead and completed every possible ironforge quest, and now I am only 2,000 points away from exalted

I did BD a while ago, but I was only earning 3 rep per kill, and they weren't particularly fast kills.

Now I am in Blasted Lands, and even though I am earning "Alliance" reputation, it is not increasing my Ironforge rep, which is weird and frustrating.

I really hate doing dungeons because of the responsibility and the time commitment, but it is now seeming like that is the only way.

Well I will keep on keeping on. I'm the highest level I've ever been, and I'm moving fast. I really like many of the cataclysm changes, just wish rep was a little easier/less dungeony.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/18/2010 1:32 PMPosted by Jakjak
As far as the dwarves in Hinterlands, the Wildhammer clan is part of the Alliance, but I don't think they're affiliated with a specific faction yet like Ironforge, even though they have a representative back in IF now. Not positive since I haven't quested in those areas yet.

From a lore perspective the Wildhammer clan are 'friendly' to the Alliance, but technically they weren't part of it (at least not prior to Cataclysm). And they were a completely separate clan from the Bronzebeards who ruled Ironforge, even though they had more or less friendly relationships with them - so from that perspective it made sense that they wouldn't give Ironforge rep.
Edited by Amantheil on 12/29/2010 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
One thing to note on the low level dungeon rep is that you get more for the bosses. So while it is only three, you'll get little bumps from each boss. Going for the lowest possible one while soloing should make it the fastest, so probably Deadmines in this case. It shouldn't take that long to top yourself off.

As a side note, I did notice Alliance Rep not doing anything for me either, must be a new bug.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
It's best not to necro threads.. especially ones this old, because things change a lot over time, and this is .. one of those things which has changed a lot.
:)

Most Outland dungeons have their own faction/reputation associated with them, and the reputation over-rides your tabard.

You should still be able to get tabard rep in lower level dungeons, and again in higher level dungeons which don't have factions assigned to them.

Jump into The Stockade and kill stuff if you want to test.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's best not to necro threads.. especially ones this old, because things change a lot over time, and this is .. one of those things which has changed a lot.
:)

Most Outland dungeons have their own faction/reputation associated with them, and the reputation over-rides your tabard.

You should still be able to get tabard rep in lower level dungeons, and again in higher level dungeons which don't have factions assigned to them.

Jump into The Stockade and kill stuff if you want to test.

Most normal Outland dungeons won't give you city rep, though the heroic versions at level 70 all do.

However, I've taken some alts into normal Underbog and received tabard rep there (in addition to the dungeon rep), so it seems a bit inconsistent. I'll have to test it on some other alts to see if any other normal Outland dungeons provide tabard rep or not.
Reply Quote
Most normal Outland dungeons won't give you city rep, though the heroic versions at level 70 all do.

However, I've taken some alts into normal Underbog and received tabard rep there (in addition to the dungeon rep), so it seems a bit inconsistent. I'll have to test it on some other alts to see if any other normal Outland dungeons provide tabard rep or not.

Some reason I feel like the outland dungeons work with tabards but they can't get over the hump into the next level of rep. So they sit on 5999/6000 friendly or something like that. That's about as far of a hypothesis I've ever come up with.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Some reason I feel like the outland dungeons work with tabards but they can't get over the hump into the next level of rep. So they sit on 5999/6000 friendly or something like that. That's about as far of a hypothesis I've ever come up with.

Hm. Interesting. I'll keep an eye on that with my next few alts.

/enters hypothesis into notes for testing

When I present my thesis on "The Relationship Between Azerothian Cities and Dungeons of an Alien World" I shall list you as an author. :3
Reply Quote
07/21/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Cerylia
I shall list you as an author. :3

At least a contributor. I don't want to be that greedy! :D
Reply Quote
07/22/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Bavra
At least a contributor. I don't want to be that greedy! :D

Footnote. Make sure you cite correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]