Melee is broken

Yeah, I know, Mage.

But any other caster will get completely shut down from what I've seen and melee is dominating PvP overall, even in BGs which you'd think ranged damage would have the advantage in.

By melee I don't mean just feral I mean pretty much all melee other than paladins.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I wouldn't dare say that melee own casters but they do really shut them down with ridiculous ease.
From a warlock point of view some are particularly brutal to play against, namely Enhancement shamans, Unholy Dks, Mutilate Rogues ( yes, even with their horrible mobility ), Arms and prot Warriors to the point it kinda makes me want to stop playing for the rest of the day.
The others are kinda balanced I suppose, but I don't think you should have to be some veteran caster to even stand a chance against the other specs, it's not like the other player is always doing perfectly, yet his tools make him win without breaking a sweat.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Give it another couple weeks for people to start gathering gear, yourself included. I think people need more resil and a bit more experience with the new abilitys before any "nerf" is justified.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
blizzard raises CC cast times by 70%

removes dispel protection

nerfs haste ratings to the crapper

what did you expect, honestly?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yep. Melee is broken, but definitely not in the way you intend it. Try to run into 15 players (or more, lolbarad) and actually move/do damage/survive, WITH HEALS. You'll enjoy casting freely more than ever.

This game, by nature, is biased towards casters. Take PVE as another example; melee has to dodge stuff on the ground too, but they have A LOT less room to do it if they want to keep up their dps.

tldr: l2p
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 5:20 PMPosted by Brucebleed
This game, by nature, is biased towards casters. Take PVE as another example; melee has to dodge stuff on the ground too, but they have A LOT less room to do it if they want to keep up their dps.

I'd agree except literally ALL of WotLK was melee friendly. Remember dealing with Blood Nova or Twilight Bloodbolt? Oh, right, those mechanics only targeted people outside of melee range.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/18/2010 5:21 PMPosted by Jpmlöl
Try to run into 15 players (or more, lolbarad) and actually move/do damage/survive, WITH HEALS.

Game isn't balanced around 2v15

i was thinking more 15v15, or 30v30
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
seriously though

which ranged dpsers are viable now, besides frost mages and destro warlocks?

ele shaman are terrible and get trained to death
shadow mana is terrible and gets trained/dispelled to death
moonkin are terrible and get trained to death
hunters... i don't think i need to say anything about them

honestly, s9 is going to be a repeat of s5 down to the last detail.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/18/2010 5:36 PMPosted by Arrenamoo

I'd agree except literally ALL of WotLK was melee friendly. Remember dealing with Blood Nova or Twilight Bloodbolt? Oh, right, those mechanics only targeted people outside of melee range.

yep. now it's not and poking a boss surrounded by big bad colors with the range of daggers isn't quite a sexy idea to me.

also twilight bloodbolt was in air phase so melee had to spread too

Reply Quote
Believe it or not good melee are hard for frost mages too.

Good ones get pretty much get a free win if you don't have block up.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Believe it or not good melee are mildly challenging for terrible frost mages too.

Good ones get pretty much get a free win if you are afk.

I agree
Reply Quote
12/18/2010 6:12 PMPosted by Heckscream
Believe it or not good melee are mildly challenging for terrible frost mages too.

Good ones get pretty much get a free win if you are afk.

I agree

Post on your main AKA your terrible melee. :]
Reply Quote
12/18/2010 6:17 PMPosted by Opinions
You don't get it any easier than Frost vs. melee, if you still fail there is no hope for you. Just give up on PvP entirely.

Post on your main AKA your terrible melee. :]

^Again
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
i heard casters are always strong in the first season of an expansion.

confirm/deny
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]