Melee is broken

12/19/2010 8:32 AMPosted by Kayolyn
You mean the casters that never learned to kite are getting owned?

The only caster that can really kite melee right now seems to be mages - skilled or not other casters don't have the tools to do it + cast times are longer + fear, roots, etc. break on damage earlier while melee's stuns do not break on damage.
Add dispels to melee, and there is no kiting until there's CC on their dispels.
Edited by Buglamp on 12/19/2010 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Death Knight
Moonking are pvp viable! oh wait, I just made myself sad. =(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/19/2010 12:36 PMPosted by Spacegõat

Actually Moonkin/Mage/?, Moonkin/Enhance/? (lolwhat!), Moonkin/Ele/? etc all work. Wizards wizarding, etc.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Death Knight
12/19/2010 12:39 PMPosted by Evolute

Actually Moonkin/Mage/?, Moonkin/Enhance/? (lolwhat!), Moonkin/Ele/? etc all work. Wizards wizarding, etc.

Haven't really tried it yet after the whole wrath "LOOK, CHICKEN! KILL IT!" thing. Might have to see how it goes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
quit saying melee are balanced around frost. if frost didn't exist, all melee would feel like they need an interrupt (which they do) and all melee would still want gap closers (all melee need 1 or else people don't bring them).
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/18/2010 5:40 PMPosted by Solweaver
seriously though

which ranged dpsers are viable now, besides frost mages and destro warlocks?

ele shaman are terrible and get trained to death
shadow mana is terrible and gets trained/dispelled to death
moonkin are terrible and get trained to death
hunters... i don't think i need to say anything about them

honestly, s9 is going to be a repeat of s5 down to the last detail.

Not quite a season 5 repeat. Warriors, feral and enhance aren't gimp this time around. Hunters switched places with season 5 warriors(last place).
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
As resto the only melee class i can escape from is ret(lol). Every other melee can stick to me like glue until i'm oom assuming they didn't kill me long before that. And don't say "learn 2 juke" If I juke a kick/pummel/etc, they just stun/cc/BEsilence/etc and by the time i'm out of that kick/etc is back up, which i have to juke again and i still haven't healed. Put 2 melee on me and it is impossible to land any casted heal.

I know the goal for cata was that a healer should not be able to stay up against 2 players for long, but not even be able to cast a heal? Come on.

Also note, i'm an arena master, i'm not nearly as good as gladiators but i'm still better than 99% of the player base.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/19/2010 1:28 PMPosted by Thunderkont
As resto the only melee class i can escape from is ret(lol). Every other melee can stick to me like glue until i'm oom assuming they didn't kill me long before that. And don't say "learn 2 juke" If I juke a kick/pummel/etc, they just stun/cc/BEsilence/etc and by the time i'm out of that kick/etc is back up, which i have to juke again and i still haven't healed. Put 2 melee on me and it is impossible to land any casted heal.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=221852&page=5

Ive been playing some MP and PMD, and I agree with OP that interrupts are out of control. Facing DK Priest as MP I found myself ccing myself by juking. You juke the first mind freeze, then get death gripped/strang, mind freeze is back up, you now get amsed or huntering colded, mind freeze is back up. Basically, landing a >2 sec spell is hard when you dont have any rank 1 frostbolt and dispelprotection to prevent people from jumping behind pillars when you have a practical casting time of 10 sec on poly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]