"We want dispel to be a choice."

85 Blood Elf Paladin
It isn't.

In fact, it's worse than it was in WotLK.

Dispels need to either cost 10 times their current mana cost or classes which depend heavily on dispellable cooldowns need to have their dispel protection back. I spend 5 talent points on Hand of Freedom and it's completely unusable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Warlocks (esp. Destro and Affliction) agree.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
So purge should cost 32.8k mana? Im sorry but the current situation sounds fair to me. Someone roots you so you counter that by popping HoF. Then someone else counters you by purging it. You still got out of your root, countering the initial ability. Your counter needs a counter as well.

If you find a shaman spamming purge then they will be OOM pretty quick. At 3.28k mana per cast and a 75k mana pool, if that shaman isnt smart then they wont be able to heal or DPS.
Edited by Cloakofskill on 12/19/2010 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 12:23 PMPosted by Cloakofskill
So purge should cost 32.8k mana? Im sorry but the current situation sounds fair to me. Someone roots you so you counter that by popping HoF. Then someone else counters you by purging it. You still got out of your root, countering the initial ability. Your counter needs a counter as well.

Yes, roots and slows having 1/8th the cooldown of freedom won't be a problem I'm sure.

And Freedom was an example. Why are Div Protection, Avenging Wrath, Inquisition, Selfless Healer, Hand of Sacrifice, and Blessing of Protection all instantly dispellable with ease? How do I counter all of my nice abilities being instantly removed while eating 28k crits from colossus smash?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

If you find a shaman spamming purge then they will be OOM pretty quick. At 3.28k mana per cast and a 75k mana pool, if that shaman isnt smart then they wont be able to self heal or DPS.

well, it should be a choice, not spam it and win. Every "bursty" thing a ret can do is dispellable and we are balanced around having them up, even though most of the time we cast it and can't even use it cause it gets dispelled instantly. So the whole position of " if they spam it they can't heal" is BS, becuase without our CD's we don't do that much damage anyway. So they spam it, cause if they do, they don't have to heal, cause our damage and survivability just went in the toilet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So my healer has to go OOM to keep me mobile?

Or would a better solution be to make your key buffs undispelable?

I think the latter.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 12:34 PMPosted by Nelinrah
So, dispels should cost 32k mana? So, your solution is to make people never cast them?

Obviously "10x" was an exaggeration. Welcome to the literal bus where if I said we should nerf dispels to the ground you all would wonder how to dispel the floor.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Double post.
Edited by Djunk on 12/19/2010 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 12:38 PMPosted by Opinions
Dispel is a choice - you chose to PvP as a class that is not affected by dispels, like warrior, or you chose to be rolled over by dispel spam.

QFT.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
As a resto druid, I agree!
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue

If you find a shaman spamming purge then they will be OOM pretty quick. At 3.28k mana per cast and a 75k mana pool, if that shaman isnt smart then they wont be able to heal or DPS.

Nope, but u bad. Giving DR a cooldown or a DR, etc. There are lots of good ideas.

And youre reported for trolling. Think of a constructive response or dont post at all.

Obviously "10x" was an exaggeration. Welcome to the literal bus where if I said we should nerf dispels to the ground you all would wonder how to dispel the floor.

There is no obvious anything on these forums, sorry. You probably had no idea how much purge cost in the first place anyway. The much better idea is to not make certain specs crippled by dispels, not by making dispels themselves cost 25% of a mana pool.

Sorry but Im not an idiot who would wonder how to dispel the floor. But I do question how many people know about any class other than their own when making the suggestions that they do.
Edited by Cloakofskill on 12/19/2010 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 12:59 PMPosted by Nelinrah

Well, you're either bad at math or exaggerating, not convinced it's the latter. Either way it makes your argument look idiotic.

I have a shaman on my 3s. I know how much purge costs. I know how game breaking it is. I know what its like for a Ret Paladin or a resto druid at 2400+ MMR this season, what exactly do you know?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I have a shaman on my 3s. I know how much purge costs. I know how game breaking it is. I know what its like for a Ret Paladin or a resto druid at 2400+ MMR this season, what exactly do you know?

I know that 10 times the mana cost would be ridiculous and that even suggesting it be raised to that cost is idiotic whether it's exaggeration or not.

So nothing, that's what I figured. Okay, back on topic, it was a nice troll break, but I'm over it.

I don't find defensive dispels to be a problem considering the frequency at which roots and slows are applied, you actually CAN run yourself oom dispelling those. Perhaps an increased mana cost for offensive dispels only.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]