News flash: you don't have to do heroics.

If you're complaining that the HARD MODE content is too hard, then don't do it on hard mode. Do regular instances for now. There's still plenty of ways to upgrade armor without doing heroics (or sticking to the easier ones). Level your crafting. Level your reputations. Enhcant your stuff.

You'll figure out the fights better over time. So will the people you group with. The heroics will still be there in a month or two.

Arguing that blizzard should tune hard mode content to the lowest common denominator is stupid. Blizzard, please don't give in to the "I want it all, I want it now, and I don't want to have to work for it" mentality.
Edited by Melkar on 12/19/2010 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Makes too much sense. People would rather continue to fail and whine rather than adapt or try new things.

It's the American way.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
That reasoning is exactly why I havn't hit up heroics yet lol. I would rather wait until people know what they are doing. I hate rep grinding though >.<
Reply Quote
12/19/2010 6:24 PMPosted by Saloradis
Level your crafting.

Have fun making half the recipes without Chaos Orbs.

But seriously, post this in the general forums, because I don't see anything focused specifically to healers.

Well, like I said you can do the easier heroics. Vortex Pinnacle is a joke. Tol'vir should be doable in pugs.

Anyway, I post here because the vast majority of QQ is by healers.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
12/19/2010 6:35 PMPosted by Melkar

Have fun making half the recipes without Chaos Orbs.

But seriously, post this in the general forums, because I don't see anything focused specifically to healers.

Well, like I said you can do the easier heroics. Vortex Pinnacle is a joke. Tol'vir should be doable in pugs.

Anyway, I post here because the vast majority of QQ is by healers.

personally i find heroic HOO is to be the easiest among those I've done.
Reply Quote
Thank you Melkar. Unfortunately LOGIC is lost on some people.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just don't be a healer for heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I only do heroics when the stars align perfectly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty much this is how the flow chart goes
Are you doing heroics with a guild group? If yes, you should be fine. If no, next question

Is this group going to blame you for their own @#!@ ups? If yes, then you'll be kicked at the sign of the first @#!@ up even though its the DPS's fault or the tank's fault. if no, contiune to the next question

Is this group under any pre-conception that your class sucks at healing? - If yes, you'll get kicked. If no, next step.

Is your group CCing? - if this is no then they are overgearing the content (and i hope you are aswell) or just dumb as @#!@ and likely they'll think you suck since you can't heal through 60k damage. Next step

Is it a half guild-run? If it is a half guild run and you're not in their guild, it is highly likely that they'll never admit fault and straight away blame you, so pretty much you should leave. Next question

Do they blame the healers for their death? if this occurs at anytime, it is either - you are bad or they are bad. Generally the "healer is bad" argument will get majority and they'll kick you.

Are you geared enough for heroics? - This is funny because this is your fault, if you have a ilvl of 329 with all of your healing gear, most of them are blues and have a few greens then you should be fine for healing heroics as long as your group aren't a bunch of idiots. If yes, you will be fine, If no, Get geared already by running normals.
Edited by Sâmusâran on 12/19/2010 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2010 10:16 PMPosted by Asper
If you're complaining that the HARD MODE content is too hard, then don't do it on hard mode. Do regular instances for now. There's still plenty of ways to upgrade armor without doing heroics (or sticking to the easier ones). Level your crafting. Level your reputations. Enhcant your stuff.

You'll figure out the fights better over time. So will the people you group with. The heroics will still be there in a month or two.

Arguing that blizzard should tune hard mode content to the lowest common denominator is stupid. Blizzard, please don't give in to the "I want it all, I want it now, and I don't want to have to work for it" mentality.

I'd actually disagree. There are several reasons why running heroics is something people actually "need.". Getting gear for raiding; for example.

If you need to get gear for raiding, then presumably you have a raiding group of competent players and means of communicating. Therefore heroics shouldn't be all that difficult.

Not to mention the fact that there are alternatives to heroics for a lot of gear. I don't think it would be difficult to get reasonably well outfitted for entry raids without doing any but the easiest heroics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]