Spell penetration..?

85 Human Death Knight
Oz
Really?
~300 penetration required on hybrids, along with making the similarly required +hit being on the same gem colour?
I really don't understand why resists still grant full immunities on clutch abilities (interrupts/silences etc) instead of just reduced damage, as long as this is the case, hybrids WILL be required to stack it to full in pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Is that specific to shadow resist? I haven't looked up all the resist mechanics.

I've noticed that my racial nature resistance doesn't seem to stack with my motw.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I thought resist was changed to only reduce damage, and the resist message meant the attack actually missed.

Could be wrong though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
You don't need that much, you just need enough to cover the paladin aura. MotW and racials do not stack with it now.

If you're really worried, you can get enough to cover mage armor plus the auras, which amounts to around 250.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/19/2010 10:11 PMPosted by Kolzi
If you're really worried, you can get enough to cover mage armor plus the auras, which amounts to around 250.

This was a pain in WotLK, I had to buy a 2nd offhand so I could be capped just in case I ran ran into a mage with one of the +shadow buffs.

However they made it very easy for casters to get the needed spell pen with the new necks, however melee is not so lucky.

Hmm, can it be reforged?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]