Class balance

90 Night Elf Druid
From what i can see from all the complaint/nerf threads every class has atleast one ability that to certain classes is overpowered.
Druids- Rake, bleeds in general.
Mages-Arcane blast, Deep freeze
Warriors-Execute, Burst dmg
Rogues-Difficulty to kite
Paladins-Templars Verdict
Death Knights-Obliterate
Priest-Shadow DoTs
Warlocks-Destro burst damage

If i missed some im sorry i don't play every class feel free to add to the list.

All these attacks are either a classes main attacks/or main way of dealing damage i.e. Burst damage and are probably the most likely attack they have to be called overpowered.

Many people complain about how hard a classes attack hits or how hard it is to kill them because of heals. Just because a classes main attack may actually do some damage doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed.

Not to mention every class has a rival class that is hard to beat i.e. rouges rival class would be hunters or frost mages. I believe that every class has their good sides and their bad sides. Ferals druids for instance are better single target dps then they are aoe. Rogues are more meant for pvp then pve given their cooldowns. Frost dks have awesome aoe dps.

Just because a class might be better specced or have abilities that are better used for pvp/pve doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed or buffed to be balance with other classes. If you want to be better at one thing our another pick the class that is better prepared for what you want instead of complaining about how bad or good a class is at pve or pvp
Edited by Ólie on 12/19/2010 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/19/2010 8:46 PMPosted by Hyann
Who in their right mind could possibly think Templar's Verdict is OP?

Also, you forgot Shaman and Hunters.
Idk someone out there would im just saying it can hit hard its not overpowered in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oout of all their attacks its probably their hardest hitting attack they have thats why i listed it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i can tell you haven't been a lvl 80 priest long or haven't played it in a while based on your achievement points. The biggest point of listing those attacks is that they are each classes hardest hitting main attack and out of all their attacks they would be the ones most likely to be considered overpowered.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
PK
Templar verdict is op?? Last i checked most ret i met says it hits for less then it did at lvl 80. Which im not surprised since at 80 it had an extra 50% buff that was given to help dps. What exactly is op about tv it hits for less then heroic strike? Beside cs, ice lance spam and druid bleed. I see no one on these forum talking about hard hitting abilities.
Edited by Ouchmyface on 12/19/2010 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/19/2010 9:08 PMPosted by Ouchmyface
Templar verdict is op?? Last i checked most ret i met says it hits for less then it did at lvl 80. Which im not surprised since at 80 it had an extra 50% buff that was given to help dps. What exactly is op about tv it hits for less then heroic strike? Beside cs, ice lance spam and druid bleed. I see no one on these forum talking about hard hitting abilities.
Read the post above the one you just posted.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
PK
12/19/2010 9:13 PMPosted by Ólie

Exorcism is ret hardest hitting ability just for future references.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/19/2010 9:20 PMPosted by Ouchmyface

Exorcism is ret hardest hitting ability just for future references.
Really? they must have buffed it or something or nerfed templars.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Paladins- Templar's Verdict
Rogues-Difficulty to kite
Priest-Shadow DoTs
Warlocks-Destro burst damage
All credibility, lost
Edited by Conflictt on 12/19/2010 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Didn't rake got hotfixed becuase it was a bug? it rip ticks more than rake now..
Reply Quote
11 Gnome Mage
From what i can see from all the complaint/nerf threads

There's your first problem. If you see a "complaint/nerf" thread, just close it and move along. I guarantee you the devs do the same. If I've learned anything from years of posting on these forums, it's that nothing good ever comes from threads that start from that kind of premise.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
12/19/2010 10:51 PMPosted by Strawberry
There's your first problem. If you see a "complaint/nerf" thread, just close it and move along.

I heard threads with sound arguments that take an unbiased look at the faults of a class get deleted on these forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]