Caster Hit Cap Should Be Looked At Again

90 Undead Warlock
Trying to not text wall this forum post.
Plain and simple i believe the outrageous amount of hit required to reach cap is, well, outrageous.

My lock is 100% reforged for Hit and still a full 3% shy of the cap. What does everyone else think about the new hit cap point ratio. Am i the only one that think it's a bit unrealistic to have to reforge and re-gem 100% of everything to even come close. (please keeping this thread to this tier of gear not the last raid in Cataclysm where hit will understandably be easier to get)

Please Blizzard redo the Point to Percent ratio for hit cap on casters. 17% is way to hard to reach currently.
Reply Quote
It's fine.

I've managed to reach the cap with no hit gems at all, and even two or three pieces of gear that aren't forged into hit at all.

Also, you're in blues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I was stating that it shouldn't be expected of us to reforge almost all of our gear for hit.. or gem it all for hit. I understand im in blues. I understand i have a long ways to go in gear. I know how gear progression works i have done it several several times. but i have not seen a stat as over blown as hit currently is right now.

I asked for opinions agree with me or not that's why i posted this thread to see what others thought.

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I'm not sure why needing to reforge for hit is a bad thing. If your dps is fine, why does it matter what stats you need to stack to get to that point?
Reply Quote
I'm at the hit cap and don't have anything you can't get off a heroic or profession... By the time I hit exalted with all the reps and get the hat off the justice vendor I'll be able to undo my hit enchants and probably be able to reforge to a better stat as well. My only concern is the thing I heard about how future raid tiers will require more hit - meaning we essentially always need to prioritize hit rating at every level of gear, which doesn't sound fun at all to me.

Hit rating at heroic tier is hard to come by and you need it in pretty much every slot to hit the cap, but it's not impossible or even particularly difficult to get that.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Would you rather need 8% hit and 26 expertise?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
12/20/2010 12:53 AMPosted by Foibles
Would you rather need 8% hit and 26 expertise?

Or 27% hit and 26 expertise like fury warriors?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Or 17% spell hit and 26 exp like Enhance :*(
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
furry warriors need 21%(or 22%) hit for full rage generation.
and 26 exp.
and that spirit thing? consider it simpler for them to swap around gear more easily, especially since that means a spriest (in theory at least) in a raid could possibly roll on a belt that is more beneficial to him that a belt without the spirit so you have a higher chance of getting the belt that drops off of someone else.
and if your not done heroic farming why are you shooting for 17% hit? since hit cap on lvl 87 mob's is only around 13%.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
12/20/2010 2:40 PMPosted by Mistakes

It's 100% of spirit ON GEAR. Not 100% of spirit. We need just as much hit/spirit on gear as you do.

Learn what you're whining about before you whine.

So you need to reforge all your gear to hit just like I do, right? Since it would be unreasonable for hybrids to wear their healing sets for DPS purposes since spirit was given double use for you. You know, that would mean that a cloth item with spirit is absolutely wasted itemization for warlocks and mages who have no possible benefit from it.

Clearly you understand the problem. Clearly.

It was mainly done for ele/balance. There is no leather/mail gear with hit on it. Shadowpriests just ended up getting it (I guess so they can have a set that works for both healing and dpsing as ele/balance do...even if few will use the same set for both). Being able to wear spirit gear isn't much of benefit, you still need the same amount of hit.
Reply Quote
The spirit on hybrid gears costs them the a secondary stat. So there is no issue to "understand".

I find it refreshing that was actually have to worry about these things instead of stacking "the money stat". It's not overly complicated to the point of needing spreadsheets for most classes now that the character sheets properly adjust everything and gives you miss rates.

As many others have pointed out. Casters have to worry about hit only. Melee need to worry about special hit, spell hit and expertise (this is not true for all specs, as some will not care for spell hit or simply undervalue expertise but you get the point)
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
It's fine, stop complaining.

No really - its fine. Reforging is great. I reforged all my gear to hit too, whats the problem? You feel like this is a bad thing?

And with more gear you get more wiggle room.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Needing a lot and reforging for it is so much better than the last two years of needing so little and puking every time something with hit on it dropped.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I'm sorry, What?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
12/19/2010 10:52 PMPosted by Tashre
It's fine.

I've managed to reach the cap with no hit gems at all, and even two or three pieces of gear that aren't forged into hit at all.

Also, you're in blues.

and here im using nothing but hit gems and reforging all my gear to hit and still 4% off. this issue will get better over time though.
Edited by Middboss on 12/20/2010 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/20/2010 2:40 PMPosted by Mistakes

It's 100% of spirit ON GEAR. Not 100% of spirit. We need just as much hit/spirit on gear as you do.

Learn what you're whining about before you whine.

So you need to reforge all your gear to hit just like I do, right? Since it would be unreasonable for hybrids to wear their healing sets for DPS purposes since spirit was given double use for you. You know, that would mean that a cloth item with spirit is absolutely wasted itemization for warlocks and mages who have no possible benefit from it.

Clearly you understand the problem. Clearly.

no you are an idiot. If hybrids had to use hit gear as well, we would either have twice as many pieces making it significantly harder for you to get a single piece of cloth hit gear, or we would be back to the days in which I was taking all your hit cloth, which would once again make it significantly harder for you to get gear.

Hybrids pay the same stat points as you to get hit by taking spirit on most of their pieces, so need spirit on all our gear, while you need hit. The extra benefit we get out of it is a bit of extra mana regen over you. However, at least for boomkins, my mana regen is pretty poor and even with the extra spirit I go oom on fights because my main mana regen mechanic is forced to go to a healer always.

Would I prefer to have all hit gear and screw you over on gear? Yes. Why? Because it would hit cap my treant pets and give me that slight edge in dps. Will that ever happen? No. Why? Because it helps you get your pieces of cloth you want easier. So stop whining about something that actually works out in your benefit in the long run.
Reply Quote
17 Troll Warrior
12/20/2010 1:25 AMPosted by Anabis
Or 17% spell hit and 26 exp like Enhance :*(

17 Spell Hit is far less than even just 17% melee hit. 17% Spell hit is 1742 rating. Fury needs to get 24% Hit from gear which takes 2883 rating. The 26 Expertise takes 781 rating. Fury has to spend more on just Hit than you do on Expertise and Hit combined, but then they still need to grab the Expertise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]