Top DPS Class in Cataclysm

85 Orc Rogue
I'd like to know from u,wich class u think should be the top dps class in this new expansion.So, help me =]
Edited by Ooillidan on 12/20/2010 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Some combination of all of them, depending on the fight.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Edited by Fahobi on 5/21/2011 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
fury warriors with proper hit can put out some insane dps.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
but for caster...i mean, im between mages and locks...so i'd like to know wich one of these 2 is the one.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
not only for pve...but for pvp too...i like both...i wanna make a dps caster for pvp and pve
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Retribution pally............lol

Ok in all seriousness, I had the list a bit ago. It was from EJ so if someone wants to look it up feel free and post it on here, but from what I remember Ele was on top, Arms was in the top three, enhancement was number 5 (woo!) but I don't really remember passed that. Note that this was tests run in BiS gear and on a sim, so I wouldn't trust the number completely, but hope that gives you some idea. Pretty sure mages were above locks on that one as well.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
In heroics I see DKs pull some ridiculous numbers
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
Should? Clearly mage, rogue, warlock, hunter should be top DPS since they're dedicated DPS classes.

What we're actually seeing in leading PVE guilds? DKs, hunters, warlocks, ferals and oomkins, with mages the worst off of the 4 dedicated DPS classes.

Not only that but druids are also near the top in healing putting them near the top in three entirely different roles. Why did I roll a mage again?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Caster dps?

Well if you wanna mash buttons and get insane dps pick mage.

If you want to actually play a toon then lock.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
12/20/2010 6:50 AMPosted by Gracktar
Caster dps?

Well if you wanna mash buttons and get insane dps pick mage.

If you want to actually play a toon then lock.

Mage damage sucks right now and won't be competitive until we are rocking near full T11, I really wish people would stop propagating the myth that "M@g3z R 1337 DP5 8ro"
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
Rogues/Hunters for PvE.

PvP...a lot of classes...and it changes every patch/gear level.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Mage
Locks single target DPS, Mages on groups, Just cant beat their Aoes
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Shaman
my name's Verne Troyer...and I'm a MAGE!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The answer is usually "Mage".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]