Warrior threat is too high.

85 Draenei Warrior
Warriors have been complaining about threat forever, but at least we used to have Imp berserker stand to fall back on as fury. I know that you're probably going to tell me to watch my threat or find a tank that doesn't suck, but that isn't the case at all. I'm not somebody who starts a fight with with all my CDs and trinkets and then start smashing buttons. I'm a pretty cautious player, I watch my omen and I try my best not to get aggro.

As for the tanks, I only have one argument against that. I should be able to go into an average heroic group with an average tank and use my average rotation without pulling threat. I shouldn't be riding a tank's threat for the majority of a fight, when I'm not even using any cooldowns. Most of the time I don't even use colossal smash as an opener because I know I'll get aggro. And I usually end up delaying my other CDs till the end of the fight.

I think something needs to be looked at here. There are plenty of classes who do as much, if not more damage than I do, without constantly riding the tanks aggro.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
GTL
Definitely need a threat dump.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It got to a point in Wrath that if I wanted to wipe a pug group by getting half the raid cleaved, I could; just by spamming HS harder.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
BiS
1.) Count to 3 hippopatamus before dpsing
2.) Make sure your focusing the same target as the tank
3.) Find a better tank

Warriors do not need a threat dump. This is not tbc were you needed a soul stone or battle Rez. Stop being bad and stop grouping with bads.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
12/20/2010 12:52 PMPosted by Bladeknight
1.) Count to 3 hippopatamus before dpsing
2.) Make sure your focusing the same target as the tank
3.) Find a better tank

Warriors do not need a threat dump. This is not tbc were you needed a soul stone or battle Rez. Stop being bad and stop grouping with bads.

You're one of those people who just reads a title and then ignores the rest of the post completely, right?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Roll Nightelf. Our racial is a threat dump.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
BiS
You're one of those people that assumes because your having a problem everyone else is. Threat still matters but I've never had a threat problem in all the heroics I run unless I do something stupid like attack a mob before the tank has the chance to cast or perform any abilities or I'm targeting something I shouldn't be.

The only time you should even have a remote issue with threat is if the tank is bad at building threat. Pro tip, the average player is bad.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
12/20/2010 1:50 PMPosted by Bladeknight
You're one of those people that assumes because your having a problem everyone else is. Threat still matters but I've never had a threat problem in all the heroics I run unless I do something stupid like attack a mob before the tank has the chance to cast or perform any abilities or I'm targeting something I shouldn't be.

The only time you should even have a remote issue with threat is if the tank is bad at building threat. Pro tip, the average player is bad.

I guess nobody complains about warrior threat, only me. The problem isn't that I'm pulling aggro, it's what I have to do not to pull aggro. I should be able to get in a group with an average tank and not be riding his threat while using a basic rotation.

Either way, I'm not sure why you are against something that would benefit the class without any ramifications.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Last time i knew Fury did more Dps than arms thus adding more threat to the issue at hand.
Reply Quote
17 Troll Warrior
I guess nobody complains about warrior threat, only me. The problem isn't that I'm pulling aggro, it's what I have to do not to pull aggro. I should be able to get in a group with an average tank and not be riding his threat while using a basic rotation.

Either way, I'm not sure why you are against something that would benefit the class without any ramifications.

Your attitude is horrible, tbh. You want to be able to go all out in dps without any regard to threat issues that would arise from differences in player skill or player gear. The average tank is not all that amazing of a player, and typically not even close to your gear level at this point in time. If you are more skilled and better geared than the tank there are going to be threat problems. It is up to you to throttle back when you outgear and outskill the tank by a sizeable margin. Ya, he needs to step up his game, but you shouldn't be making his life harder by being a pain.

That is just how things work, and should have worked in WotLK; however, Blizz screwed up in WotLK and made threat basically a given and it trained dps to think they never have to worry about it. I don't know how you play, but if you are still using the WotLK mindset about threat it isn't the class that has problems.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
12/20/2010 2:08 PMPosted by Jathine

Your attitude is horrible, tbh. You want to be able to go all out in dps without any regard to threat issues that would arise from differences in player skill or player gear. The average tank is not all that amazing of a player, and typically not even close to your gear level at this point in time. If you are more skilled and better geared than the tank there are going to be threat problems. It is up to you to throttle back when you outgear and outskill the tank by a sizeable margin. Ya, he needs to step up his game, but you shouldn't be making his life harder by being a pain.

That is just how things work, and should have worked in WotLK; however, Blizz screwed up in WotLK and made threat basically a given and it trained dps to think they never have to worry about it. I don't know how you play, but if you are still using the WotLK mindset about threat it isn't the class that has problems.

Jath, you're a very helpful and informed player, but I'm not saying I want to go all out on DPS and not have to worry about threat. I said the opposite in my OP. I just want to be able to pull off a normal rotation without riding a tank in threat.
Reply Quote
17 Troll Warrior
Jath, you're a very helpful and informed player, but I'm not saying I want to go all out on DPS and not have to worry about threat. I said the opposite in my OP. I just want to be able to pull off a normal rotation without riding a tank in threat.

I have to say what you are describing confuses me, and can only be explained by the tanks you are running with not being as skill as you are. Neither my tank friends nor I have ran into someone sneaking up on us in threat. It is usually such a huge lead that we can start slacking off and not worry about a thing.

You really need to find a better tank, or get him to emphasize more threat stats. That is basically what it comes down to from what it sounds like to me. Once Vengeance gets going you shouldn't be able to keep up with him in threat. A lot of tanks have started neglecting nearly all threat stats (talking single digit Expertise and sub-2% hit) because of Vengeance taking over later in the fight. This translates into rather shaky short duration fight threat. Missing a SS or Revenge in a short 5man fight is rough.

If you are running with the same tank all the time tell him to stack some hit and expertise. That might fix your specific problem. If it doesn't it is most likely the skill of the player and the only way to fix that is tell me his name and I can give suggestions on things he can change. Well, either that or find a new tank. If you are talking about PuG tanks...you need to find a good tank and do whatever it takes to run stuff with him. Humping his leg might help depending on his personality. Flattery doesn't hurt either.

Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
We need a threat reduction or a threat dump off the gcd
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]