PVE PALLYS

85 Worgen Warrior
I just want to know from my fellow hybrid plate wearing class....

to be the class that has all 3 roles, how does it feel to be ninja'ed by your counterparts? Like let's say you're a ret pally and you have a prot or holy paladin and they feel obligated to ninja need your gear?

I mean the only problems wars get is Protard warriors ninja needing dps.... you guys.... you have to face against other plate wearers if you're dps and your own kind which ever role you play against the other role that isn't you.

This is actually a somewhat serious question.
Edited by Maniphesto on 12/22/2010 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Shaman
My beef with need roles is classes that absolutely have no use at all and they roll need. I just had a mage in a random roll need and win on a pair of plate gloves. When asked why he responded with "I have 7k gold and I want more. I need everything so I can sell it." That's when he was booted. If I lose a need roll to another plate wearer I just assume it's cause it was better than what he had even if it's not totally ideal to his class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1 in every 10,000 pug'ers (not an exact figure, but you get the point) that I run with decides to be "that guy" and roll need on an item that doesn't apply to his current role in the group. Perhaps I'm just lucky. Perhaps it's because I treat my group with respect. I don't know...

For the most part, people seem to be respectful of their group role. Personally, if I see an offspec item that I want, I just wait until all the mainspec players pass on it before I even ask if people mind about me taking it (I've never been told 'no', heh...). If I see one mainspec person roll on it, I pass. Not greed, pass. It's like my way of saying, "I watched for your roll and have no intent of trying to take your items from you."
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
when i wait 45 minutes to get into an instance, my gear either doesnt drop, or the tank steals it...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just inform the group ahead of time that there's one item in the run I am here for or rolling on. There is -NO- problem with needing on an item you can and will use regardless of your group role. If I want to queue as holy for faster queue times (and because I am damn good at it) I should be entitled to roll on whatever I want because I put for the effort to take down a boss just like the rest of the group.

Just because there is a lack of solid healers these days doesn't mean I should be pigeonholed into the spec because people QQ about healers rolling on DPS gear.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
1 in every 10,000 pug'ers (not an exact figure, but you get the point) that I run with decides to be "that guy" and roll need on an item that doesn't apply to his current role in the group. Perhaps I'm just lucky. Perhaps it's because I treat my group with respect. I don't know...

For the most part, people seem to be respectful of their group role. Personally, if I see an offspec item that I want, I just wait until all the mainspec players pass on it before I even ask if people mind about me taking it (I've never been told 'no', heh...). If I see one mainspec person roll on it, I pass. Not greed, pass. It's like my way of saying, "I watched for your roll and have no intent of trying to take your items from you."

The part I bolded is EXACTLY what I do. It's to know that their is some other players in this game with as much courtesy as me. =)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
no, the loot system should be fixed so you can only roll for your current spec
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Shaman
12/22/2010 7:05 AMPosted by Klipso
+1. Bothers me when someone needs and then says "I need it for my alt..." Well if your alt needs it than play your alt and try to get it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
12/22/2010 7:05 AMPosted by Klipso

I 100% agree!

The reason I intruded in your guy's class forum is because of my side of the field has threads like... Guys make a Prot spec. its not all bad <~~~ read that.

Most of these protard warriors feel like they're entitled to ninja needing (if you read the whole warrior side this is most of them and yes a good portion admit they suck at dps). They make excuses like they're doing us a favor and a whole bunch of bs. This is a lot of the bad warriors solution to the whole lack of main CC for dps warriors. This is something you guys needed to know, because it effects you especially if you're ret. It also effects dks, but they're like us Tank/DPS not TANK/DPS/HEALER. I figured since you guys play all 3 roles, you would be the most impacted.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/22/2010 7:03 AMPosted by Telorith
Just because there is a lack of solid healers these days doesn't mean I should be pigeonholed into the spec because people QQ about healers rolling on DPS gear.

Shut up, seriously just shut up. If you Queue as a healer you will roll on a healer gear. If you want your dps gear you will queue and wait. Just because you are able to be whatever you want doesn't mean you are instantly entitled to another one of your specs gear. You are the worst kind of player. I love feral but i also like healing, If i want DPS gear I Queue and wait for a group as dps. I don't queue as a healer just to get gear for another spec.

You are just as bad as those warriors and retadins that used to role need on leather and mail gear back before you couldn't role on gear that your class couldn't wear.
Edited by Shokalla on 12/22/2010 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I made a thread in Loot Roll System in General... if I get some positive statements in there this would make a good impact in this game. Thank you.
Edited by Maniphesto on 12/22/2010 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Incoming 3hr wait times on Heroics, if people are only allowed to roll on their current 'spec' gear. Best of luck gearing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
12/22/2010 7:44 AMPosted by Xiyk
Incoming 3hr wait times on Heroics, if people are only allowed to roll on their current 'spec' gear. Best of luck gearing.

not like most the hybrids that ran from their healers and dps roles can tank anyways. The ones I wiped in openly confessed why they roll prot... hence said reasons.
Edited by Maniphesto on 12/22/2010 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lets put it this way... Everyone has offspecs. If I choose to queue both as a healer _AND_ as a DPS, but I always end up healing... I should be restricted from rolling on dps gear? Well, I fill both the healer role and the dps role for my guild, whichever they need more (fight depending). Considering I haven't had the time to work on my dps set, yet... because I've been shoring up all the holes with healing, I haven't worried about it... but, in the future, You wish for me to queue up as a healer (out of the kindness of my heart) and not be able to roll on dps gear.

For, clearly, if I wanted to roll on dps gear... I should queue only as DPS, and wait 45 mins for the queue to pop?

Now... if we applied this on a wide scale, after a certain amount of time, the only people queuing for anything would be DPS attempting to get gear. This discussion, while appropriate in some respects, is silly because it would end up restricting out two populations of people looking for gear (as time progresses).

Jagger said it best "You can't always get what you want."
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
12/22/2010 7:52 AMPosted by Xiyk
Lets put it this way... Everyone has offspecs. If I choose to queue both as a healer _AND_ as a DPS, but I always end up healing... I should be restricted from rolling on dps gear? Well, I fill both the healer role and the dps role for my guild, whichever they need more (fight depending). Considering I haven't had the time to work on my dps set, yet... because I've been shoring up all the holes with healing, I haven't worried about it... but, in the future, You wish for me to queue up as a healer (out of the kindness of my heart) and not be able to roll on dps gear.

For, clearly, if I wanted to roll on dps gear... I should queue only as DPS, and wait 45 mins for the queue to pop?

Now... if we applied this on a wide scale, after a certain amount of time, the only people queuing for anything would be DPS attempting to get gear. This discussion, while appropriate in some respects, is silly because it would end up restricting out two populations of people looking for gear (as time progresses).

Read my whole Loot Roll System in General discussion. If you just run with your guild... then my suggestion I made you would not be affected at all. If you're in pugs, you would just lose priority over the people doing their job.... you shouldn't be having that much of an issue if you do it with guilds in the first place.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/22/2010 7:52 AMPosted by Xiyk

I am exactly the same way, but with Prot. All you plate wearers who Que up solely as DPS and wait 40minutes in order to get into a heroic, then complain and QQ bc the tank roled on the DPS gear. I main spec, and raid as ret. But because it is a complete waste of time to sit around waiting for a que to pop to only get a shot at rolling on gear is ridic, when you can get instant ques, and then get the same shot at rolling on the same gear you would as DPS.

I que as a tank because as always, tanks are rare and hard to find for heroics. And with the gear reset that Cata brought about, there is no excuse to not have a viable off spec to better run in heroics with bc of the flood of DPS in the ques. If you are in a heroic as prot/holy but raid with your guild as ret, then i say by all means, roll on the DPS gear. You are being smart by using an offspec to run more heroics, therefore giving you a better shot at getting the gear that will help you perform better in your raids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]