Quick Stats question - what to get for holy?

60 Undead Death Knight
Hi guys,

I have a quick stats question. My toon is holy spec (curr 38)

What stats should I be getting (both pvp and pve). On the stats screen it looks like Agi gives spell crit, while int provide SP. So it as simple as int/agi/sta? Does str help?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Already plenty of threads up for this subject and starting a new one will only spark another argument between people with opposing opinions.

There should be at least two threads in the first 3 pages, the titles should be a dead giveaway.

EDIT:

I guess I should read more than the first line of the OP before assuming you weren't talking about 85 ;)
Agi is worthless as holy, and str is worthless if you're just healing. Agi increases melee and ranged crit, int increases spell crit.
Edited by Jondoe on 12/22/2010 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is this a troll?

Agility and strength for healing?

if you're serious about this, then... Int, spirit, crit, haste, mastery are all variously useful stats for you. Agi and str have no effect on spells.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
12/22/2010 8:30 AMPosted by Jondoe
Already plenty of threads up for this subject and starting a new one will only spark another argument between people with opposing opinions.

There should be at least two threads in the first 3 pages, the titles should be a dead giveaway.

EDIT:

I guess I should read more than the first line of the OP before assuming you weren't talking about 85 ;)
Agi is worthless as holy, and str is worthless if you're just healing. Agi increases melee and ranged crit, int increases spell crit.

This is what I thought too. But if I add agility than on my character screen spell crit goes up. Is this just a bug? Or is this something new with the patch?
Edited by Dethald on 12/22/2010 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How are you increasing your agility? You may be increasing agility AND int with the same piece of gear.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
12/22/2010 8:45 AMPosted by Jondoe
How are you increasing your agility? You may be increasing agility AND int with the same piece of gear.

I did check that, some pieces of gear I got have no int at all (at this level there isn't much gear with lots of mixed stats).

For example I had a ring that added 9str and 9sta, replaced it with 9sta and 9agi and my spell crit went up. Thats what is confusing me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Make sure you're looking at your Spell tab and not your Melee tab. Did your level change? Are you making sure both times you check you have the same buffs? Blessing of Kings give you +5% stats, which would affect both your int (spell crit) and agi (melee crit).
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
12/22/2010 8:54 AMPosted by Jondoe
Make sure you're looking at your Spell tab and not your Melee tab. Did your level change? Are you making sure both times you check you have the same buffs? Blessing of Kings give you +5% stats, which would affect both your int (spell crit) and agi (melee crit).

Yes I'm very sure it is not the "user" error.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I might be a bug. I'll have to check next time I log on (later tonight). Int will be your better stat regardless, spellpower gives more to your healing than crit.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
12/22/2010 9:16 AMPosted by Jondoe
I might be a bug. I'll have to check next time I log on (later tonight). Int will be your better stat regardless, spellpower gives more to your healing than crit.

awesome thanks.

so I'm probably better off going for int, sta, str...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]