My good nature is at its limit

85 Troll Shaman
I can't count how many times i've joined heroics or even normal groups to have all my healing gear "ninja'd" imo... or needed by a DPS/Tank as if i didn't earn the 1 healing item that finally dropped.

I'm fed up i'm going to start rolling on gear i don't need nor want, and of course i do want elemental gear :)

Sorry this healers going to gear something up if not healing then DPS gear.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
Yeah...I was in Grim Batol and had a Mage roll against me on and win two Spirit items in a row. When the tank asked, "Does Spirit do anything for Mages now?" He replied, "Eh....I can just reforge it." He then proceeded to stand in the Shadow Crashes (or whatever they are called) and not move to the eye of the Gale.

He did not get heals. He also did not get the cloth (spiritless) helm that dropped off the endboss.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe just find and/or run with your guild, as most douche monkeys out there don't know what CC means anyway.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I particularly enjoyed the DK who rolled need on the Corrupted Egg Shell trinket, today.

I'm not sure what he's going to do with that mana return, but he'll certainly get use out of the shield, as he had the situational awareness of a block of wood. If you weren't supposed to stand in it, he was rolling in it. If you WERE supposed to stand in it, he sprinted away as though his life depended on it.

I'm honestly confounded as to how he made it to 85 with his superb ability. From what I saw, I could have sworn he would have gotten stuck in a continuous "death by lava" loop the first time he stepped into a place like Burning Steppes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 1:50 AMPosted by Karalun
I'm not sure what he's going to do with that mana return, but he'll certainly get use out of the shield, as he had the situational awareness of a block of wood. If you weren't supposed to stand in it, he was rolling in it. If you WERE supposed to stand in it, he sprinted away as though his life depended on it.

I'm honestly confounded as to how he made it to 85 with his superb ability. From what I saw, I could have sworn he would have gotten stuck in a continuous "death by lava" loop the first time he stepped into a place like Burning Steppes.

You win. Seriously.

I nearly spit on my monitor.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Priest
The rule is simple.

If you aren't healing and the healer needs the item, only the healer should need it. If you do you are obviously going to be healing yourself the rest of the dungeon
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I particularly enjoyed the DK who rolled need on the Corrupted Egg Shell trinket, today.

Oddly, I could not roll need on that trinket. The button was grayed for me, but the 4/5 guild run I was with from another server, I asked if anyone could need it and someone did and gave it to me.

I play with it sometimes.

I get into groups though where every member who can rolls need on an item. I defied the odds (1/5) and won a neck over a group that had tried to need it from me and promptly left group.

Clearly they didn't appreciate my effort.

It is no wonder why those 4/5 groups need healers, they treat them like poo.
---------
List of CC and Interrupts
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536335625
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Had a rogue do the same thing. Seriously?

Fortunately, so did the druid who was the healer that run and the druid won it.

And btw, the need button is greyed out on the egg-shell for priests. I could only roll greed on it. So it was a particular irritant to see the rogue able to need it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah LFD sucks. When the spirit staff dropped there were 2 mages and myself that needed. Guildy was one of them that won it and he gave it to me after I asked if he needed spirit. It's all fair game in LFD I guess. I pleaded the spirit case with another mage and got no response.

It's a good point that someone else brought up about healers needing on hit or no spirit items when they see this type of behavior. My os is feral so I don't need it but can always use the upgrade/reforge excuse. Maybe some end of instance battering can happen. I have their stuff and they have mine lol!.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm with you on this one. What really irritates me is that half the time it is would be healers that are failing at healing. They grab the healing gear from the person healing to flesh out their own healing set thinking that gear is the solution to their problems.

Like the, typically dead, retpaladin that ninja'd the boots at the end of H Deadmines with their GM in the same run. Next time I will listen to the Goonies.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/17/2010 8:30 AMPosted by Heysugar
And btw, the need button is greyed out on the egg-shell for priests. I could only roll greed on it. So it was a particular irritant to see the rogue able to need it.

Yes, I was very confused about this. I think a DK or Hunter or some other non-mana class won it, while I couldn't even roll.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oddly, I could not roll need on that trinket. The button was grayed for me, but the 4/5 guild run I was with from another server, I asked if anyone could need it and someone did and gave it to me.

I play with it sometimes.

Same for me, on the run with the DK. Wasn't given the option to roll need, though it seems every other class can. It's apparently bugged for Priests. I won it via a greed roll in the next run; probably play with it a bit too, though I think I'll end up sticking with my current trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Egg shell was grayed for me as well. Someone else rolled need for me and traded it as it clearly is a healer only item.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Only had a dps roll on my spirit gear once. That lock promptly got sent to enjoy another 45min-1hr que.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The need button was grayed out for me as well, which made me rage a bit. It got DE'd :(

Reforging is a viable option (see my hat) but if someone who can actually USE the item as it is rolls, please don't be a %@**. Spirit= healing classes, hit= DPS classes. If nobody it's intended for needs it then have a ball.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I hate boomkins who take all of my healing gear...and then take all the actual dps casting gear too. Selfish %!%%!!!s.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
I don't mind seeing classes who can use spirit roll on those items. Shadow Priests, Boomkins, Ele Shaman can all use it for hit. Go right a head, though I'll be sad if you win. But Warlocks and Mages?

Grrrrrrrr.

But for heaven's sake, those classes that can convert spirit to hit... Don't cry and whine when the healer rolls on non-hit "DPS" gear. No, it's not "yours". No, you do not have a right to it because your queue times were longer. I'd like to beat these fools about the head with a rolling pin.

And the ones who need inappropriately always seem to be the ones who take the most avoidable damage. If you watch out, and keep track of who stands in the fire... there's a higher than average chance he's going to roll on something he shouldn't be interested in.

Just gotta attribute it to ignorance and idiocy.
Edited by Daenrys on 12/17/2010 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]