Vitreous Stone Drake

85 Night Elf Hunter
I am looking to get my hands on this mount in the most efficient way possible; an all ner'zhul server group. We will be running Stonecore on regular up to Slabhide and resetting until it drops, or need to break until we can come back later. I have numerous different idea for payment and i'll let whatever people are willing to make some easy gold decide.
a. 2k to everyone upon mount dropping (better short run)
b. 100g to every one each attempt and 5k to a honorary winner of the roll upon mount dropping. (better long run)
c. 50g per person per run and 1k to everyone upon mount dropping.

As I'm a dps i will need 2 more DPS and a tank and heals.

Let me know if there is any interest.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
We will be running Stonecore on regular up to Slabhide

There is your problem. The mount does not drop off normal Slabhide, only heroic Slabhide. at a 1% drop chance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I dont know what the drop rate is but earlier today did the dungeon on normal, dropped for us and lucky enough i got it...but ive heard its rare but it can drop on either normal or heroic. =)

Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter

12/19/2010 1:57 AMPosted by Grandbreaker

There is your problem. The mount does not drop off normal Slabhide, only heroic Slabhide. at a 1% drop chance.

Talked to a GM yesterday (3/12/2011) He confirmed Slabhide does drop the Vitreous Stone Drake on normal mode of Stonecore...95 solo kills now and no mount. The wow gods must be angry.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel you Eregis. I just finished my 115th solo run on my hunter and no luck. I've probably done another 30-40 across my other characters and never seen it. I want to give up, but I've already invested so much time I can't stop now. It needs to drop soon....it's making me sick of wow haha
Edited by Arisx on 6/2/2011 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
ive done 73 solo runs and no mount, I have it counted on dbm. So aggravating I started swearing by myself in the middle of stonecore at da loot gods...
Edited by Arthuses on 1/20/2012 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
101 solo runs on norm stonecore and still no mount.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Remember that MOP will bring account wide mounts, so if you have it on an alt (lucky I do) than we do not need to farm for main! Like SH on 2 toon's in WOTLK,,, ~~
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Drop rate on normal is the same. I got mine a few hours after release the night Cata dropped.

You can solo normal on a 370ish ilvl DK assuming you know how to play one, so you might see an easier time that way.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm pretty sure Arian from BM was soloing the normal version trying to get the mount and he's a hunter so provided you're in DS gear I don't think you'll have much trouble soloing it. It does drop in normal I've seen it 3x in normal lost all 3 times and I've never seen it in heroic.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
wrong it drops off normal
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
AK
Hey guys, for anyone still farming this mount, it drops on BOTH heroic and normal. The drop rate is a fantastic 1%. It's easily soloable now, ecspecially because our ilvls can get as high as into the 400's. The runs can take around 10 mins max if you know how to do it. Check out guides on soloing for a specific class. It took me around 10 times to finally know how to handle the trash packs. If you're a hunter, it's very easily. Don't know about other classes though. Took me 18 times to get the mount to finally drop. Best of luck to all!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Farmed this mount for about 2 weeks. Ran it at least twice a day. Blood DK makes it very easy to farm. Just skip a few mobs here and there and boom mount drops. Hehe.
Reply Quote
12/19/2010 01:57 AMPosted by Grandbreaker

It does drop off normal Slabhide.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The mount drops on NORMAL guildies farm it all the time!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Hey guys the mount might drop on normal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
05/06/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Xaruja
You can solo normal on a 370ish ilvl DK assuming you know how to play one, so you might see an easier time that way.
I want to emphasize this sentence if people haven't noticed it. Because mounts will become account wide in the expansion you can farm the mount on any of your characters and if one of them gets it you will have it on all of your characters when the 5.0 patch drops. Should make it a little less stressful if you have a superior character to farm it on.

Also, I hear it drops on normal mode
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The mount DOES drop on normal. All you gotta do is look at the dungeon journal on normal mode and see the drake on the loot list. Same goes for the other mount drop from Cata.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]