Shaman loving the new healing?

85 Goblin Shaman
I have seen a lot of issues with the other classes but is it safe to say that Shaman are pretty well off for healing in heroics? I honestly haven't been having any problems with mana or regen unless the dps are ignoring fight mechanics. The only thing I would change is making our iconic spell (Chain Heal) matter a little bit more. Any other healers care to weigh in?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I do well but I have seen every other class do well too. I am pretty sure its the players and not the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm loving it, too. I've trained my guild to look for the blue circle on the floor, and they're moving into it to DPS. It's made even hard encounters doable. Here's hoping it holds for Heroics.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/17/2010 1:32 AMPosted by Tonix
I have seen a lot of issues with the other classes but is it safe to say that Shaman are pretty well off for healing in heroics? I honestly haven't been having any problems with mana or regen unless the dps are ignoring fight mechanics. The only thing I would change is making our iconic spell (Chain Heal) matter a little bit more. Any other healers care to weigh in?

Try running a pug group. I've ran 3 heroics today got past 1 boss. Had a total of nine people leave the 3 groups I was in. Trust me the fact that my 85 heals are equal to my 80 heals means there is something wrong some were.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
12/17/2010 2:24 AMPosted by Discarded
Trust me the fact that my 85 heals are equal to my 80 heals means there is something wrong some were.

No, actually, that doesn't mean anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Run with your guild. If you can't do that, find some DPS you trust from your server, train them, and queue with them. There's no reason to subject yourself to a full LFD group: you're a healer. Everyone should want to be your friend.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I am satisfied with shaman healing too.

At first, when I hit 85 and healing rain went from 5k mana to 10k mana, I was mortified honestly. But now that I've geared up, gotten spirit gear and dps have adjusted to having to CC again, I feel quite comfortable healing. The only times I really run completely dry on mana is when people ignore the fight mechanics and I have to try and heal through the impossible (tank standing in lava or poison, boss 1hko skills not being interrupted, etc).

I run into some tanks that think they can aoe pull everything like we're still in cata, when I'm unfortunate enough to have to PuG a daily, but hopefully those people will learn soon enough that those days are gone.

When everyone does their job, I feel the game is very well tuned right now. It's just more player dependent than before, and if people don't do what they're supposed to, it's not possible to ask a healer to carry the group anymore...which I'm ok with.

Although it is frustrating at times when I have to go through 3-4 groups till I get queue'd with one that can actually clear a heroic rofl.

*Side note*
I used to rage in guild about pugs that would walk out of healing rain, like it was some new version of fire on the ground and then ask me to heal them after :( I'm glad to see people are catching on that it's good to stand in blue stuff, not so much red and green stuff.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
I did a lot of healing in beta. What I really like about Shaman healing right know is the ability to combo your abilities to nice chains. Things like UE -> RT -> HS -> FS -> HS are great.

Also our ability to interrupt, purge and CC helps a lot to fix even the worst PuGs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Riptide, UW, CH .... big heals for Mr. DPS who stands in the fire
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Shaman healing is fine in heroics. The only time I ever have trouble is when I'm grouped with children of WotLK and get abused for not healing dumb%##* DPS standing in fires that even a whale could avoid.

Aside from that, It's usually smooth sailing unless people don't interrupt things or don't CC properly.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Going back to the pugs, I have honestly been impressed with most pugs. Even less experienced players seem able to not repeat the same mistakes. So even in some of the rougher groups I have been in, 3-4 wipes tops generally will down a boss. In normal blues, i would say it is not that bad. Only thing I am worried about, however, is overgearing the heroics to that same point in Wrath when you can put Earth Shield on the tank and riptide when you wanta hear a WOOSH sound to beat an instance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm pretty happy with shaman healing right now. My only concern is with mana regen. Doing Blackwing Decent today I noticed my mana regen was significantly lower than the priest and druid healers. We're talking a full mana bar and then some more regen on the priest and druid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/17/2010 2:25 AMPosted by Nidosa
Trust me the fact that my 85 heals are equal to my 80 heals means there is something wrong some were.

No, actually, that doesn't mean anything.

What? Explain to me how my healing at 85 is almost identical to my healing at 80? I now have 5.5k sp were as I had 3k bonus sp at 80. My Int is now 70k up from 32k at 80. My heals from Heal are 7k -10k at 85 .. My heals from Heal were 7k -10k at 80.. Explain?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/17/2010 3:52 AMPosted by Wishywashy
Try running a pug group. I've ran 3 heroics today got past 1 boss. Had a total of nine people leave the 3 groups I was in. Trust me the fact that my 85 heals are equal to my 80 heals means there is something wrong some were.

I've done nothing but pugs and have yet to not finish a dungeon or heroic (granted, only done about 5 heroics). I've had people leave after wipes, but it's usually because they've run out of time, and most always stick around, probably because unlike the poster above me I'm not a douche and I keep the entire group alive to the best of my ability, even if I have to throw some LHWs at a slow dps.

Might be easier for resto shammies because we can handle the interrupts, purging, and hex and bind ele when the rest of the group isn't doing it, but I'm fine taking a wipe or two even on every boss so that the rest of the group can learn the fights.

You are very fortunate. I've run a few heroics and have yet to finish any of them. I keep getting stupid dps that just refuse to move out of Aoe's. I'm tired of people blaming me when I can no longer compensate for people not using there brains.

Maybe Its just the people I'm being grouped with but something some were has to eventually give. Either they buff heals , reduce damage or insert brains in to Dps players. Please Blizz do something.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have healed Heroic Deadmines, SFK, Halls of Origination, Vortex Pinnacle, and BRC. Glyph riptide and if you time it right you can keep it up on THREE people. So I always have it on the tank and then two DPS.

PuG'ing is easy to do, just take charge and tell people what to do. I have decided not to rely on the tank to mark anything. My proof is that out of all the heroics I have done only one had another guild member in it.

Edited by Nakajima on 12/17/2010 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
It saddens me that chain heal sucks so bad now, but otherwise having fun. Healing Rain is a nice substitute.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I <3 shaman healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]