Shaman loving the new healing?

85 Blood Elf Priest
I seem to remember a blue post that stated that shaman healing was close to exactly where they wanted healing to be and from your posts, it seems they have succeeded admirably with that goal, not only in terms of effectiveness, but of enjoyable play style.

That being said, the other healing classes are pretty obviously not in the same place shamans are. Played disc through Wrath and loved it, had a huge arsenal of tools to use and used them happily and situationally. (No shield spam for me, too boring.) Holy now and while I still have a huge arsenal of tools available, how I am able to use them has changed drastically. People talk a lot about choosing the correct spell for the situation. Right now the correct "choice of spell" about 85-90% of the time is Chakra/Heal. Small slow heal. Sure, I can still make use of the others if I use them sparingly. But it is like having a closet full of beautiful silks and satins and being forced to wear cotton. Completely serviceable, gets the job done, but it is really fun?

Focus with me here please: I read your posts and what I personally envy the most about shaman healing is that you are really having fun. Fun.
And right now, that is missing for me.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Heysugar, roll a shaman! We shall embrace you with loving arms.

There is something incredible satisfying about Riptide+UE+GHW and watching a 30k green number go off
Edited by Totelements on 12/17/2010 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Have a level 4 goblin shaman. Give me a little time. :-D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
double post delete
Edited by Heysugar on 12/17/2010 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 8:40 AMPosted by Totelements
Heysugar, roll a shaman! We shall embrace you with loving arms.

There is something incredible satisfying about Riptide+UE+GHW and watching a 30k green number go off

I've seen upwards of 45k on low hp tanks with ES up ;)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The thing is, people throw themselfs in Heroics with crappy green gear and complain about their weak heals.

They made it so we don't *skip* content, and I'm really happy about that.
Run regs, get gear, reajust your healing.

It's a whole new way of healing now, best tip I can give is let your heals work, your hots are now VERY important, Earth Shield, Riptide, Unleash Elements used to be side-heals, now they're critical to keeping your foes alive.

Let your mana regen, even when I go oom, I can still heal forever with good mana regen, stop trying to Top everyone, if all DPS are at 50%, it's fine, focus on tank, and hot em when you can.

Glyph of healing wave...
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Definitely enjoying shaman healing. Healing Rain is as fun as I imagined it would be and makes me grin every time I use it. Unleash Weapon and Riptide change up our casted heals to make them interesting and more useful. I think Healing Rain could use a tad more synergy. Tidal Waves defines the whole style and Healing Rain really needs to be worked in there somehow.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 9:17 AMPosted by Zyblue
Definitely enjoying shaman healing. Healing Rain is as fun as I imagined it would be and makes me grin every time I use it. Unleash Weapon and Riptide change up our casted heals to make them interesting and more useful. I think Healing Rain could use a tad more synergy. Tidal Waves defines the whole style and Healing Rain really needs to be worked in there somehow.

Would be cool if it made HR proc a "Tidal wave" (Get it?) on the initial cast, doing a slightly larger aoe heal
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm loving it so far.

You can't just plow through everything regardless of the group like you could in LK, but it reminds me a lot of BC, where you really need to have the whole group on the same page and playing smart in order to do well.... at least until everyone is decked out in epics.

The group your'e running with is really the part that matters most. Some groups I'm OOMing on every trash pull and dropping mana tide preemptively when I get down to about 60%, and with others I have so much mana I can dps.

When everyone does their job, using interrupts/CC/CDs intelligently and not overhealing, things can go very smoothly.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm loving shaman healing in both raids and heroics. Using Wind Shear well is often one of the more important things to keep track of.
Reply Quote
Does anyone have experience with healing stream totem? Is it making a difference in heroics or is mana spring used instead most of the time?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 10:28 AMPosted by Benedikte
Does anyone have experience with healing stream totem? Is it making a difference in heroics or is mana spring used instead most of the time?

Depends on the group comp but I use healing stream quite often.
Reply Quote
12/17/2010 2:07 AMPosted by Fornax
I do well but I have seen every other class do well too. I am pretty sure its the players and not the game.

LOLOLOLOL Dont flatter yourself!

Every shaman in my guild swears up and down that shaman healing is great, in pvp especially, where they laugh at priests and paladins throughput and mana efficiency. Druids can skyrocket throughput but they arent super efficient.

Shamans... Have it ****ing easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]