Shaman and Druid Base Heals

90 Pandaren Shaman
Need a bit of a boost IMO. The three primary heals should all heal for similar amounts for each healer. Right now things seem to be backwards. As an example a Pally's Holy Light heals for more than Healing Wave and Nourish....and that's not including the bonus healing via Beacon.

Just prior to the release of Cata Pally's and Priests received bumps to the healing done by their three core spells. How about a similar bump for Shammies and Druids?

I understand the "Different Classes are Different" meme. That said the three core heals should all be very close. The differences should come from flavor spells like Earthshield, Holy Shock, Lifebloom etc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You want a boost?

Unleash Life?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 7:38 AMPosted by Munney
You want a boost?

Unleash Life?

How was the term "Base Heals" confusing to you?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 7:44 AMPosted by Indyana

Oh yeah being hostile is just a great way to get your post going.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Oh yeah being hostile is just a great way to get your post going.

Seemed pretty civil to me. No obligatory leet slang or insult. Just asking how someone could have responded without understanding the OP in any way, shape or form but anything's possible.

Simply put the three core spells from each healer should all have similar output on a single target.
Edited by Indyana on 12/17/2010 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
SiN
My GHW barely heals a quarter of a DPS's lifebar.

Yeah...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bases heals are fine. Want a boost, use Unleash Life.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 8:07 AMPosted by Merkimus
My GHW barely heals a quarter of a DPS's lifebar.

Yeah...

You know what does though? Riptide. Costs less too.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
SiN
12/17/2010 8:10 AMPosted by Munney

You have virtually zero experience in heroics and raid content, with an average ilvl of 334.

Mayhap you should acquire a little more experience before you start running your mouth? Just a thought!

ps. our base heals are a little weak - it shouldn't require mana and a GCD to bring it up to par.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 8:10 AMPosted by Munney

Right now Shaman and Druid single target heals are lower than Priests and Pally's.

The three Core heals should all be healing for much closer amounts than they are now. If I spam Healing Wave and a Pally spams Holy Light the output should be almost the same. Simple as that.

I'm talking about continuous healing not what I can get out of a 15 sec CD.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Ill run mine then. Heals are fine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm not sure if I agree or disagree.. But right now I tend to agree.

I will say this though, looking through WOL last night I noticed that like 95% of parses are paly/priest. The odd shaman sprinkled in here and there, and druids nowhere to be seen really.

If our base heals are healing for less, then this would certainly explain this trend. Blizz seems to be on top of this sort of thing so I would expect buffs/nerfs to be inc.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 8:13 AMPosted by Merkimus

You have virtually zero experience in heroics and raid content, with an average ilvl of 334.

Mayhap you should acquire a little more experience before you start running your mouth? Just a thought!

ps. our base heals are a little weak - it shouldn't require mana and a GCD to bring it up to par.

Have you tried healing heroics in a group built entirely from your guild? maybe you should start doing that before you start running your mouth? Just a thought!

Base heals are weak but if you use them correctly you can easily dig a tank out of a big HP drop.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well he has a point. Just looking at the cheap heals:

Average base heal +talent/spec% increase (no spell power, no crits, no mastery)

Nourish (no hot): 3713
Nourish (hot):4456
(Holy) Heal: 4883
(Disc) Heal: 3899 (assuming 3/3 empowered healing) (+15% int adds to sp portion)
(Disc) Heal(Gracex3): 4835 (assuming 3/3 empowered healing) (+15% int adds to sp portion)
Healing Wave (no ES): 3500
Healing Wave (ES): 4025
Holy Light: 5364

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean the direct heals need to be increased since you have to look at the whole healing kit interaction, but he is right in suggesting the druid/shaman ones are feel a little low - especially off the tank target. The one advantage I can see for Healing Wave is it can be hasted alot by Tidal Waves, which may on average bring up its HPS compared to the others (though not its HPM)

I bet blizz is still looking in to tweaking the numbers here and there, give it time.
Edited by Keiyra on 12/17/2010 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 8:16 AMPosted by Thenuge
Ill run mine then. Heals are fine.

It's not a game breaking difference but look at your logs sometime and glance at the average heal for each of the three core heals for each healing spec.

Overall I agree our HPS is comparable but a lot of that is our passive healing (HST, ELW, ES etc.). If you want to fill the role of Tank healer it's about single target output. That's all I'm saying.
Edited by Indyana on 12/17/2010 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
SiN
12/17/2010 8:21 AMPosted by Virtz

Have you tried healing heroics in a group built entirely from your guild? maybe you should start doing that before you start running your mouth? Just a thought!

Base heals are weak but if you use them correctly you can easily dig a tank out of a big HP drop.

Yeah, I have. And I've completed heroics in both PuGs and with guildies.

What does this have to do with base heals being weak other than you being an idiot going for a burn with zero relevance?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I consider Druids base heals to be Rejuv, WG, and 3 stack Lifebloom, and Rejuv + SM Cause if you're not using those as your 'base heals' you're doing something wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Actually i have plenty or Heroic Experience. I might not have much time for heroics, but i am 6/6 on completing heroics.

As for raiding, again, i have only had one raid, and it was Baradin Hold and we 1 shot it. Dont know if you will count this as a raid, seeing as you want to believe i am bad, but guess who was second in heals?!?!

Me by .5%

Guess who was first in heals?

ANOTHER SHAMAN ZOMG BAD HEALERS!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Yeah, I have. And I've completed heroics in both PuGs and with guildies.

What does this have to do with base heals being weak other than you being an idiot going for a burn with zero relevance?

Because that guy actually has had experience running at least one heroic that I've seen, and you decided to go for a burn ignoring this?

You guys sound like you're whining about the heals being weak, my post was just letting you know that when used correctly, they're actually quite alright.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]