Shaman and Druid Base Heals

85 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 10:14 AMPosted by Merkimus
Negative. It's 340.

Wrong again. The average item level of the gear you have equipped is 334. Fail more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 11:27 AMPosted by Totelements
Negative. It's 340.

Wrong again. The average item level of the gear you have equipped is 334. Fail more.

He has two more blues then me. So he must be better.

Also, Merk, did you level a dwarf shaman or race change to a terrible race for shaman?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
You can't just compare the numbers of similar spells in different toolkits. A Paladin's Holy Light has to be bigger than other healers' equivalents because their AoE heals do not have the same level of availability, which means they are more frequently left to use Holy Light on several targets in succession to handle multi-target damage. A Shaman's Healing Wave is small than the equivalent spells, but it is also almost always faster because of Tidal Waves and it triggers Earthliving 20% of the time.

This is the slightly advanced way of saying "different classes are different."
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
SiN
12/17/2010 11:27 AMPosted by Totelements
Negative. It's 340.

The Armory is out of date. My ilvl is 340. What incentive would I have to lie and claim it's 340? If I was going to lie I'd just say it's 350.

But hey keep making yourself look like a blithering idiot.

Also, Merk, did you level a dwarf shaman or race change to a terrible race for shaman?

I am better, this is true. I race changed to a Dwarf because Dwarf Shaman are extremely cool, Stoneform is better for PVP, and Draenei are the lamest race in WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I race changed to a Dwarf because Dwarf Shaman are extremely cool, Stoneform is better for PVP, and Draenei are the lamest race in WoW.

lololololololololololololololololool

lolololololololololololololol

lolololololololol

i lol'd

Cause cleansing one crippling posion into another before you can even GW is better then a free hot/hit rating.............

As i agree Dwarfs look cooler then Draenei, if you knew/cared/like anything about your class, you would have stayed Draenei...

IM SO BAD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
its part of how the classes are designed.
my renew ticks for 2.9k~
I heal for 7.8k~

if I were to heal around the same as a pally (around 9k or so) I`d be pretty over powered
Pally needs stronger direct heals because they don`t have some sort of "passive" heal over time

Shamans have earth living and earth shield
Druids have lifebloom
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 11:33 AMPosted by Munney

Draenei have the worst racials in the game for PVP shaman, what are you talking about? Seeing as you only have two choices alliance side, he chose the race that is the least terrible.

Now that we can't cleanse poison Stoneform is an amazing ability for shaman. Have fun with GotN.
Edited by Kahji on 12/17/2010 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 12:09 PMPosted by Kahji
Draenei have the worst racials in the game for PVP shaman, what are you talking about? Seeing as you only have two choices alliance side, he chose the race that is the least terrible.

I forget if this thread was originally about healing or not. Pvp or not. Dont think it was clearly stated.

Now that we can't cleanse poison Stoneform is an amazing ability for shaman. Have fun with GotN.

From someone that has played Dwarf (warrior/hunter) originally, leveling the shaman this xpac.......
Stoneform was good. Now it is only good as a tanking CD, or breakin poisons, bleeds, disease, before you die, while not being attacked by the person with those poisons, bleeds, diseases, because they will be reapplied instantly. And to take it further, it was only good for classes that couldn't self heal, as it would allow a quick bandage, or get to the resto hut safely. Basically, avoiding dying to a tick.
BUT SHAMANS CAN HEAL. So you dont need to worry about that tick! Zomg!

Not to mention, the only poison it helps is Crip, which is now applied on every attack? So you basically waste the racial. amirite on this? honestly i dont know, rogues do have a talent that makes it proc like crazy.

I would rather have a 3 minute hot/ 1% hit rating for pvp then that garbage.

And pve wise................ lol dwarf shamans. You guys look so cool!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The direct heals varying between classes becomes an issue on encounters such as Chimaeron. Some of them heal for 10k, some of them don't. Notably druids don't have a way to bring someone above 10k without using swiftmend (15 sec cooldown) or healing touch (5k mana). Shamans may also have trouble with this encounter.

I can take or leave nourish as it is. Removing the additional healing on a hot and bringing it up to par would solve some raid healing issues now, but I think the efficient heals will be used less often as gear is gained.

Regrowth, however, seems particularly weak for its function. For a "bring someone up now" flash heal, the initial heal is very weak. Being dependent on crit from talents, the time it takes for the hot to finish, and the situational living seed is counter-productive.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Seems like the only person in this thread that knows what he's talking about is Munney.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
/derail

The look of your character is a huge reason you pick the race you do, at least for most of us.

And seeing as you're leveling this shaman this xpac I can understand why you wouldn't see the benefit of Stoneform. It was less important when we could cleanse poisons and diseases, but now that we cannot any ability that allows us to remove them is incredibly useful.

DK diseases, Hunter/Warrior bleeds, Rogue/Hunter poisons.

Just because a rogue can instantly reapply poisons in melee range does not mean it's useless. They've been able to do that since TBC basically. You create some space, snare them, stoneform, then ghost wolf away.

I played a draenei shaman all through TBC and Wrath. I would have given GotN for Stoneform in a heartbeat. I don't see why anyone wouldn't.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 12:30 PMPosted by Virtz
Seems like the only person in this thread that knows what he's talking about is Munney.

<3 i think we can add you to that list as well!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Stoneform is so incredibly awful now than before it was changed. It used to make you immune to poisons and bleeds for the duration. If you think being able to break a crippling poison for a split second before it's immediately reapplied is good, then I guess that's the reason why you picked troll to have that hamstring immediately reapplied after it's about to wear off.

Back on topic though, Shaman healing is quite alright. Cataclysm isn't about keeping your group topped off at 100% the entire duration of a fight. It's about healing those who are in most need of it and allowing people to sit with 60-80% health if they're not taking damage and don't need heals at the moment.
Edited by Virtz on 12/17/2010 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 12:33 PMPosted by Kahji
Just because a rogue can instantly reapply poisons in melee range does not mean it's useless. They've been able to do that since TBC basically. You create some space, snare them, stoneform, then ghost wolf away.

How do you create enough space from a rogue when crippd to pop stoneform/GW safely?

DO I NEED TO POST ON THE DWARF HUNTER I STOPPED PVPing WITH IN BC BECAUSE THIS RACIAL IS TERRIBLE?

edit : i just stay away from rogues........... works better then stoneform.
Edited by Munney on 12/17/2010 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When i get home to my computer, i will post the SS of the healing done in 25 Baradin Hold.

Then you can tell me if Shamans heals are weak.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/17/2010 12:28 PMPosted by Githany
Blizzard made single target heals for Paladins stronger because we needed it. They didn't feel like Druids or Shamans needed it. This was from Beta testing. You'll get a buff if Blizzard feels you need one, but they currently think you are fine just the way you are. There was already a post made that even specifically states that Blizzard thinks Shaman and Druids are right where they want them.

/thread

thats funny, because in beta they said priests were right where they wanted them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The only real question is do you feel that as a Resto Shaman or Druid that you can Tank heal as effectively as a Paladin or Priest right now? Forget how much HPS you can put out. Imagine Hard modes. Do you have confidence that you will be able to pump out the required single target healing needed to keep a Tank up?

Druids and Shammies have no Tank saving CD's and our single target heals are lower. Just sayin'.
Edited by Indyana on 12/17/2010 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 1:16 PMPosted by Indyana
Druids and Shammies have no Tank saving CD's and our single target heals are lower. Just sayin'.

And we have the best hot in the game now, and a top-notch aoe heal, and chain heal is still pretty good.

Mabye we don't need to be exclusive tank healers?

just sayin
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

And we have the best hot in the game now, and a top-notch aoe heal, and chain heal is still pretty good.

Mabye we don't need to be exclusive tank healers?

just sayin

No one needs to be exclusive anything....and I agree about the tools you mentioned. I switched from my Pally to a Shammy this x-pac for the fun and to play a minority class for once.

The thing is everyone needs to be comparable Tank or raid Healers under the new Raid model. It's the cornerstone of the devs entire redesign.

...and snark isn't you're strong suit....nor does it strengthen your argument.
Edited by Indyana on 12/17/2010 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]