Shaman and Druid Base Heals

85 Draenei Shaman
SiN
12/17/2010 1:23 PMPosted by Munney
Druids and Shammies have no Tank saving CD's and our single target heals are lower. Just sayin'.

And we have the best hot in the game now, and a top-notch aoe heal, and chain heal is still pretty good.

Mabye we don't need to be exclusive tank healers?

just sayin

12/17/2010 12:07 PMPosted by Munney
I race changed to a Dwarf because Dwarf Shaman are extremely cool, Stoneform is better for PVP, and Draenei are the lamest race in WoW.

lololololololololololololololololool

lolololololololololololololol

lolololololololol

i lol'd

Cause cleansing one crippling posion into another before you can even GW is better then a free hot/hit rating.............

As i agree Dwarfs look cooler then Draenei, if you knew/cared/like anything about your class, you would have stayed Draenei...

IM SO BAD

I like how you ran your mouth here and made yourself look like a complete moron.

You must not know anything about PVP whatsoever, because yes, being able to instantly cleanse a whole set of DK diseases/Rogue poisons/bleeds is good.

In terms of PVE the extra hit and HoT on a 3 minute cooldown is negligible.

But please, keep posting stupidity so we can all continue laughing at you.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 1:48 PMPosted by Merkimus
You must not know anything about PVP whatsoever, because yes, being able to instantly cleanse a whole set of DK diseases/Rogue poisons/bleeds is good.

When was the last time you PVPd?

When was the last time you played against a dk/warrior/rogue, that stopped attacking you the moment you popped Stoneform?

12/17/2010 1:48 PMPosted by Merkimus
In terms of PVE the extra hit and HoT on a 3 minute cooldown is negligible

In terms of PVE Stoneform is completely useless. Hows that gun racial goin for ya?

But please, keep posting stupidity so we can all continue laughing at you.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The thing is everyone needs to be comparable Tank or raid Healers under the new Raid model. It's the cornerstone of the devs entire redesign....and snark isn't you're strong suit....nor does it strengthen your argument.

Ok, i wont be snark this time.

Why does everyone need to be "comparable" as tank and raid healers?

Why cant some classes be better then others but still do both?

Why cant tank healers throw heals to raid when needed?

Why cant raid healers throw heals to tank when needed?

Every healer compliments other healers so well right now, when we help the raid as a whole, instead of help individuals as an individual.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
SiN

When was the last time you PVPd?

When was the last time you played against a dk/warrior/rogue, that stopped attacking you the moment you popped Stoneform?

I've been PVP'ing since the game released in all formats.

If you knew anything about PVP you'd know the most important thing you can do is create distance so you're not getting hit - this is where being able to Stoneform out of poisons is extremely useful because you can ghost wolf away.

Please, post something else stupid.

In terms of PVE Stoneform is completely useless. Hows that gun racial goin for ya?

You're trying way too hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 1:56 PMPosted by Munney
The thing is everyone needs to be comparable Tank or raid Healers under the new Raid model. It's the cornerstone of the devs entire redesign....and snark isn't you're strong suit....nor does it strengthen your argument.

Ok, i wont be snark this time.

Why does everyone need to be "comparable" as tank and raid healers?

Why cant some classes be better then others but still do both?

Why cant tank healers throw heals to raid when needed?

Why cant raid healers throw heals to tank when needed?

Every healer compliments other healers so well right now, when we help the raid as a whole, instead of help individuals as an individual.

I'm not the one who got rid of healer niches. Ask GC those questions.
Most likely his answer will be.....10 mans.

If you run a 10 man with 2 Druids and a Shaman are you in for a harder time come hard modes due to a lack of tank cd's and direct healing throughput.

I feel very comfortable as a Raid healer right now (25's) with spot duty (ES, RT) on the tanks. I have to say I'm not as confident in MT healing compared to a Pally. On the other hand I think a Pally would be fine Raid healing if needed.
Edited by Indyana on 12/17/2010 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Right now Shaman and Druid single target heals are lower than Priests and Pally's

This just in; you cannot compare single abilities and make arguments about balance.

Riptide, for example, is stronger than Holy Shock. Swiftmend is stronger than [Chastise -> Serenity / Aspire).

All four healing specs are capable of healing any heroic.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/17/2010 12:38 PMPosted by Munney
How do you create enough space from a rogue when crippd to pop stoneform/GW safely?

This is not a 1v1 game. You create space the exact same way you do any other time, with the multitude of tools you and your teammates have. Are you saying once a rogue is on you it's GG? That, my friend, is laughable.
Edited by Kahji on 12/17/2010 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

If you run a 10 man with 2 Druids and a Shaman are you in for a harder time come hard modes due to a lack of tank cd's and direct healing throughput.

I feel very comfortable as a Raid healer right now (25's) with spot duty (ES, RT) on the tanks. I have to say I'm not as confident in MT healing compared to a Pally. On the other hand I think a Pally would be fine Raid healing if needed.

Eliminating healing niches does not actually mean that every healer is perfectly equal at every healing task. That being said, I think you are significantly understating the direct healing throughput of a Shaman because you are ignoring everything but the base numbers. You can't ignore the fact that you can cast a Greater Healing Wave at +20% power every 15 seconds, or that two of every three of your Healing Waves/Greater Healing Waves will be hasted by 30%, or that crits from those spells will also incidentally heal other people, or that 20% of those heals will also proc Earthliving.
Edited by Akylie on 12/17/2010 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Paladin's base spells hit for a bit more but they also cost more mana. In fact paladins have the highest base mana cost as if I remember right. Ours are a bit smaller, cost less and as other have pointed out we have ways to boost them.

Different classes are different.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 2:23 PMPosted by Akylie

Eliminating healing niches does not actually mean that every healer is perfectly equal at every healing task. That being said, I think you are significantly understating the direct healing throughput of a Shaman because you are ignoring everything but the base numbers. You can't ignore the fact that you can cast a Greater Healing Wave at +20% power every 15 seconds, or that two of every three of your Healing Waves/Greater Healing Waves will be hasted by 30%, or that crits from those spells will also incidentally heal other people, or that 20% of those heals will also proc Earthliving.

Understandable. If you look at my OP it was a request to get a minor bump to the Spell Trinity for Shamans and Druids...not a huge revamp. I'm going by logs and what the averages are for those spells...which includes the times they were empowered by UE.

In general Shammy and Druid healing seems fine when looked at in terms of raw HPS but IMO both need slight boosts to the base healing of the three spells I mentioned.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 2:07 PMPosted by Prism
Right now Shaman and Druid single target heals are lower than Priests and Pally's

This just in; you cannot compare single abilities and make arguments about balance.

Riptide, for example, is stronger than Holy Shock. Swiftmend is stronger than [Chastise -> Serenity / Aspire).

All four healing specs are capable of healing any heroic.

When did I say Heroics? This is a discussion about Raid healing asignments.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/17/2010 3:50 PMPosted by Goldenstaph
The simple fact is WoL shows that Holy Pallies and now Priests are overpowered. As usual Blizztard has no clue how to balance and this will remain this way for the entire expansion.

Cue Sunwell 3.0

The simple fact is these forums (when not corrupted by trolls) are the place to discuss issues. The devs read the discourse. Many players like myself enjoy the dialogue with fellow gamers and more often than not different perspectives are enlightening.

Then we get posts like yours. Nothing interesting to add. Hyperbole for effect. Referencing tired memes in an attempt to appear witty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]