"You have an active summon"

2 Dwarf Paladin
So I am a level 74 hunter, trying to tame this cool beast I saw. It is tameable I checked with the beast lore (Arcturis), I stabled my current pet, but when I go to tame him it says "You have an active summon". Does anyone know what im missing here? Or is it some form of a bug and should I file a ticket? Thank you in advance :)
Reply Quote
44 Tauren Hunter
ya dude im haveing the same issue i dont im gonna file a ticket.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
You can only have a limited amout of pet slots that are "active" and not in the stable. IIRC, it's 4 @ 74. Just putting a pet straight from active into the stable acts weird sometimes. So I would put one of your active/not summoned pets into the stable, then dismiss your summoned pet, then try taming something.

p.s. next time, try the hunters forum
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes, there is a defect around this. I submitted it a while ago.

Not sure what the best workaround is, but I think if you dismiss your pet before you stable him it will help.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Hi op I had similar issues to what you are experiencing. Ok the fix for my problem was, act have a pet out when you go to the stable master, now dont put the pet you have out in the stable, no you want to put one from your on person inventory in the stable. I have found it bugs out when you put an active pet in the stable sometimes, and it will aslo bug out if you toss pets in the stable without having one out /shrugs

That will leave you a spot to tame, just rem to dismiss your active pet to tame a new one.Oh also make sure you dont have a dead pet in your inventory.
Edited by Trický on 3/18/2011 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Also make sure all of your pets are alive
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Hunter
You do know that this is 2 years right?
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Hunter
2 years old*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]