Blizz disc is where all healers should be

85 Undead Priest
It is a fun engaging playstyle where i have to manage cooldowns and i get to pop cool little angel wings, and if everything is managed properly we become powerhouses

there is so much synergy in our tree, from casting heals to lower weakened soul to casting heals to lowering inner focus, casting shields returns mana, etc

it is NOT about acting as a manual 7k hot (aka "heal")
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
It's good for the tree and Priest class that Discipline is so unique.

But it's also good for the game, I think, that Discipline (and all the trees) stay as unique as possible. The last thing I would want to see is Wrath-to-heal or channeled Chain Heal.*

*actually that could be pretty sick, and feel Spirit Link-y in a good way, but the point stands.
Edited by Believe on 12/17/2010 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I have fun as disc but--

Frankly I'd like to see Improved PW:S gone because the spell's has changed, maybe our mastery could receive a baseline bump to compensate.

I love our CDs, I love Inner Focus and ToThought. Smitespec is fun because I can use the 18% healing later in the fight.

I don't think the synergy of the tree is that great. PW:Shield just feels so shallow now.

It is nice to see a non-qq post though. I hope this turns into a great discussion.
---------
List of CC and Interrupts
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536335625
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I opted out of the Evan/Arch/Atone spec, but otherwise I completely agree. Half the fun has been figuring out what works best depending on the situations I'm faced with. I feel like I get better with every dungeon I run.

With all the bad healers finally giving up and ragequitting, good priests are finally restoring our somewhat tarnished image.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Yea shields could be a little stronger but they do have their uses still.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
They won't be made stronger other than gear scaling (mastery and spellpower). Even though they would need to absorb roughly 3x the amount before they were the beasts they were in Wrath.

I feel guilty when I consider spec'ing out of Imp PW:S. Has anyone else considered/tried this? DA is clearly our new main bubble. I wouldn't stop using PW:S but I think 2 point can be put to better places. Maybe.
---------
List of CC and Interrupts
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536335625
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It's good for the tree and Priest class that Discipline is so unique.

Yeah, despite the fact that it drains me quicker, I still do the majority (50+%) of healing with my HoTs. I just cant spam them willy-nilly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I agree that discipline is great.

I played holy for a while at the start of cata; switched to disc and never looked back.
Holy playstyle is basically spamming heal for refreshing renew while using holy word on CD.

Disc is so much more interesting/fun. I love all my cds and I love the fact that I rarely even use heal since penance and Greater Heal tend to be more effective.

I love shielding a tank followed by penance followed by renew folloed by Greater Heal. So much efficient healing in such a short time. And I love that renew gets 5 ticks for disc with borrowed time. In general i think many disc neglect renew at their own detriment; I have it talented and glyphed and find it invaluable for keeping party members alive while not dropping grace on the tank. I can shield someone and then drop 4 renews (with 5 ticks)
before borrowed time runs out, and if you run the math its not hard to see that a 5 tick renew IS more efficient than even heal.

Also I just had a thought; Does shadowfiend get an attacks speed bonus if you use power infusion before casting it?
Edited by Allustrial on 12/17/2010 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I am very happy with disc healing right now! I feel like we have many "tricks" to managing our mana, which makes the class interesting. We have to manage our bubbles to get the most out of rapture, we use inner focus on cooldown, we can get more out of our pet by using it at the right time (heroism/bloodlust anyone?), and we also have power infusion to use during big burst healing phases to save a chunk of mana. I feel like blizzard has succeeded in making disc an interesting spec but not making it too easy, we can still easily oom if not played well. I realize I didn't mention hymn of hope btw, that one is still a little rough.

Many of the other healers are complaining that their classes are boring, they use a handful of spells, use one or two mana regen mechanics and hope that they don't run out of gas before the end of the fight. Disc has a much more engaging mana management system, and I really enjoy that.
Edited by Avalyne on 12/17/2010 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I agree. Disc > everything else.
I mitigate damage while having a renew on the tank, and a POM on the group. Does the tank die? Nope. Do I go oom as quickly as everyone else? Nope. Does my gear suck? Yes. lol
Edited by Pubicus on 12/17/2010 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]