I LOVE THE NEW HEALING!!!!!!!

i started when this game came out and am glad to say the difficulty is back. it's still not as hard as vannilla but it's also not super easy mode like LK. i just hit forums for first time today as im bored at school and cant belive all the QQ. heres my reaction to what i have seen.

many healrs are complaining that they cant save the DPS who do stupid things anymore. thats a good thing. how are they suposed to make it hard if the healer can compensate for the rest of the group ignoring fight mechanics and standing in stupid places. if your DPS forgot there brains and play bad then the group should wipe. it's a team game and resposibilty should not be on tank/heal only. i will agree it's annoying that the DPS with no brain decides to blame the healer after he dies like a nub but o well. they will learn or be labled a baddie as everyone figuers out the new metagame.

other healers are complaining that they constantly go OOM. well thats because you are trying to heal spam style. i suspect most are healing the exact same way they did in LK. when i started runing normals last week ill admit first few tries were bad. but i reworked my hotkeys and played around with diffrent rotations. aftr some experimentation im able to heal all the norms with random groups NP. this is a good thing i actually had 2 think instead of walking in and steamrolling new content. on a side note my gear is crap i still have 4-5 icc epics on lol so it's not impossible by any means.

the other complaint i see is that tanks are not waiting for us to mana up and chain pulling. this is hapening to me allot as well. all i had 2 do was a lil typing to solve this. like "sec" aftr pull or "my gear sux pls let me mana up aftr pulls". if the tank is brain dead and just keeps chain pulling then leave the group and make them wait 30 mins for another healr that will teach em.

TL;DR challenge is fun. if you are QQ'n bout broken healing i think your a baddie or unwilling to put in a lil effort.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
youre 85 in level 80 gear so shammies are the best class t o heal on because you guys can heal many ways but healing right just isnt fun. is hard or challenging? no its just a chore its used to be rewarding in wrath i used to be eager to join a group to heal but now i find myself going for loremaster because i refuse to be bored while healing. and i used to love to pvp even tho i was a target but now if warr charges me nothing i can do i just faceroll my keyboard. healing isnt hard its just uniform and people dont like that if i roll a druid i dont want to heal like a pally without a shield
Reply Quote
by rewarding do you mean, the bosses gave away there loot to any group with a healer that could spam any spell they choose with unlimited mana? seriously people ignored fight mechanics and stood in bad crap because they could. healrs could spam alll day so who cares they rather not move and get slightly more dps. this is stale gameplay with little thought. the healer should not be able to carry a group of baddies or it takes away the team aspect. i know everyone has diffrent ideas of fun but come on LK was soooooooooooooo easy. you could watch TV while healing a 10 man raid thats BAD and wasnt fun for me.

i can't comment on pvp cause havnt tried it yet.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
TL;DR challenge is fun.

I would like it if you could clarify what parts you find challenging. Are you pugging groups?
Because when I run with my guild it is not challenging to us in the least. I do not feel that they have brought anything harder to the table as far as heroics go. Mostly I'm just sitting on my thumb pushing my Healing Wave key to feel like I'm contributing. A very slow, slow contribution.
I could image pugs being rough though.

Edit for clarification
Edited by Preston on 12/17/2010 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
this is clearly a troll as he has no lvl 85 hero stuff..which tells me he hasnt done a lvl 85 heroic, when he does he'll be singing a different toon..."GET OUT OF THE FIRE" Grp wipes they blames u...

"Shamaniam has been removed from the group"
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 1:59 PMPosted by Olonia
this is clearly a troll as he has no lvl 85 hero stuff..which tells me he hasnt done a lvl 85 heroic, when he does he'll be singing a different toon..."GET OUT OF THE FIRE" Grp wipes they blames u...

"Shamaniam has been removed from the group"

Yep(agreeing with you Olonia on the trolling bit), and toward Shamaniam, healing now is still super spammy, in fights where everyone takes unavoidable damage like on setesh and every other spell you have that can keep them from dying costs tons of mana and just barely keeps them from death you dont really want to use for that purpose, so what do you end up doing? using healing wave....... which by the way for a shaman with almost 6k spellpower i have to throw 20+(healing waves) to bring people back up to full so the next round of aoe doesnt kill them, all just spamming healing wave to keep from going oom immediately. LK 3800 sp healing wave crit for 13-14k Cata 5700 sp healing wave crit for 12-13k : / You might just be blind if you dont see anything wrong with that..... *yawns*. Switched to dps so i dont have to deal with BS in a frickin game, because its just a game but lets make it like work because i get off work to go home and get on a game and work? nope!

BTW-numbers for healing wave may not be completely accurate, the point is that it heals less then it did in wotlk with severly higher stats after the patch that changed it to the "steady heal".
Edited by Ebindai on 12/17/2010 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
clearly a troll lol.

no i havnt run heroic yet just got 85 2 days ago. my point is that i can heal these normals in crappy gear so whats the problem? serious, cata greens are better than my epics so y are people having issues? my guess is there wrath babies lol. L2P, the game wasnt always that easy you know. and if i get kicked because DPS was standing in fire good, i would of left if they refused to move the nxt pull anyway. nothing i can do about brain dead PUG's blaming the wrong person but move on.

2 preston: i have only run 1 or 2 guild runs so far and they were really easy. mostly because were old school players and alrdy know how to cc. im praying that the raids will be tough. 5 man's have always been easy with a good group =)

EDIT: another main complaint is this i heal for less than when i was 80 crap. WHO cares what the number is!!! at 85 they have balanced the game around what we have so just because it's a smaller # doesnt mean s*it. just means your ego is in pain cause you like big numbers. the game is balanced around the numbers our spells output now so who cares what they used 2 output.
Edited by Shamaniam on 12/17/2010 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 2:20 PMPosted by Shamaniam
clearly a troll lol.

no i havnt run heroic yet just got 85 2 days ago. my point is that i can heal these normals in crappy gear so whats the problem? serious, cata greens are better than my epics so y are people having issues? my guess is there wrath babies lol. L2P, the game wasnt always that easy you know. and if i get kicked because DPS was standing in fire good, i would of left if they refused to move the nxt pull anyway. nothing i can do about brain dead PUG's blaming the wrong person but move on.

2 preston: i have only run 1 or 2 guild runs so far and they were really easy. mostly because were old school players and alrdy know how to cc. im praying that the raids will be tough. 5 man's have always been easy with a good group =)

EDIT: another main complaint is this i heal for less than when i was 80 crap. WHO cares what the number is!!! at 85 they have balanced the game around what we have so just because it's a smaller # doesnt mean s*it. just means your ego is in pain cause you like big numbers. the game is balanced around the numbers our spells output now so who cares what they used 2 output.

Well dont get used to healing this way, just like the other expansions the more people complain the more they try to accommodate them. Unless you combat them with complaining that you fear they'll make it more similar to wotlk. Its a war right now, on whether or not healing will change closer to the style of wotlk. And if the winning side is based on who complains the most, I think the QQers for icnrease on healing are going to win.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2010 1:15 PMPosted by Shamaniam
i started when this game came out and am glad to say the difficulty is back. it's still not as hard as vannilla but it's also not super easy mode like LK. i just hit forums for first time today as im bored at school and cant belive all the QQ. heres my reaction to what i have seen.

many healrs are complaining that they cant save the DPS who do stupid things anymore. thats a good thing. how are they suposed to make it hard if the healer can compensate for the rest of the group ignoring fight mechanics and standing in stupid places. if your DPS forgot there brains and play bad then the group should wipe. it's a team game and resposibilty should not be on tank/heal only. i will agree it's annoying that the DPS with no brain decides to blame the healer after he dies like a nub but o well. they will learn or be labled a baddie as everyone figuers out the new metagame.

other healers are complaining that they constantly go OOM. well thats because you are trying to heal spam style. i suspect most are healing the exact same way they did in LK. when i started runing normals last week ill admit first few tries were bad. but i reworked my hotkeys and played around with diffrent rotations. aftr some experimentation im able to heal all the norms with random groups NP. this is a good thing i actually had 2 think instead of walking in and steamrolling new content. on a side note my gear is crap i still have 4-5 icc epics on lol so it's not impossible by any means.

the other complaint i see is that tanks are not waiting for us to mana up and chain pulling. this is hapening to me allot as well. all i had 2 do was a lil typing to solve this. like "sec" aftr pull or "my gear sux pls let me mana up aftr pulls". if the tank is brain dead and just keeps chain pulling then leave the group and make them wait 30 mins for another healr that will teach em.

TL;DR challenge is fun. if you are QQ'n bout broken healing i think your a baddie or unwilling to put in a lil effort.

1. Go do a heroic.
2. Realize you had no clue WTF you were talking about.
3. Slink away with your tail between your legs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/17/2010 1:39 PMPosted by Shamaniam
by rewarding do you mean, the bosses gave away there loot to any group with a healer that could spam any spell they choose with unlimited mana? seriously people ignored fight mechanics and stood in bad crap because they could. healrs could spam alll day so who cares they rather not move and get slightly more dps. this is stale gameplay with little thought. the healer should not be able to carry a group of baddies or it takes away the team aspect. i know everyone has diffrent ideas of fun but come on LK was soooooooooooooo easy. you could watch TV while healing a 10 man raid thats BAD and wasnt fun for me.

i can't comment on pvp cause havnt tried it yet.

so youre saying the cata healing is fun?
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
You never played vanilla. Vanilla was a one spell, dry, over compensating experience. Had no complexity whatsoever
Reply Quote
yes i am having allot more fun then LK. i have to actually think what spell i should cast and when. know when i can leave people at partial hp instead of just filling any bar that drops. i get to use CC now and also have to try and get some interupts in on mobs between heals. allot more to do and worry about means more fun to me. also enjoy the fact were not ROFLSTOMPING new content by just tank an spank.

EDIT: yes i did play vannilla and it was way harder than this. MC when it first came out was nuts. taking months to learn and clear an instance hasnt happend since then. and if you were any good you had lower ranks of your spells to choose from as well. dont understand your 1 button comment.
Edited by Shamaniam on 12/17/2010 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]