I know how to use the new healing model ...

85 Undead Priest
... and I still don't like it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
agreed
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I know how to use it also, and I love it. Healing has changed from a game where reaction time matters more than anything else to a game where good decision making matters more than anything else.

If you're healing by just trying to spam the cheap efficient heal, you're doing it wrong. Every healing spec props up that cheap efficient heal with all kinds of talent support that lets it do more than just its base healing. Using the various talented tricks that boost healing is a very large part of effectively playing a healer now, whereas in Wrath they were mostly treated as passives that were handy when they proc'd but nobody paid much attention.

A simple example is that Shamans and Paladins should virtually never be casting Healing Wave or Holy Light without Tidal Waves / Infusion of Light active. Both classes are designed in such a way that Riptide / Holy Shock are always the first spell cast, and it's done that way because efficiency comes from using your various talented tricks to make those heals better. Priests use Chakra states in something like the same way. Druids use Swiftmend and Efflorescence to supplement rolling lifeblooms.

I use more of my spells more often now than I ever did in Wrath. To say that healing has become more boring than it used to be astonishes me. Of all the healing specs, only Druid could even say that with a straight face (because their model has changed the most), and even there I disagree that being forced to cast something other than Rejuvenation is a bad thing.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
That is a fine opinion to have.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Three second cast times are extremely painful to watch.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I know how to use the new healing model...

And I've finished all the heroics and got Cataclysm Dungeon achievements...

And I still don't like it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]