Grizzly Hills PVE Progression

85 Night Elf Priest
**** I am leaving the game, I will keep this thread updated only until the new thread is stickied or my subscription runs out. Please go request a sticky on Tassir's(Prodigal) thread.****

Progression

Last Updated: 05/03/11

25 Man Progression:
Blackwing Descent Bastion of Twilight ToTFW
Guild |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|NF| |HW|VT|TA|CG|SN| |CW|AA|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. (A) Fringe |**|OD|**|**|**|NF| |**|**|TA|CG|__| |**|AA|
2. (A) Vindicated |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|__|
3. (A) Reprisal |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|__|__| |CW|__|
4. (H) Prototype |MM|OD|ML|__|__|__| |HW|__|__|__|__| |__|__|

10 Man Progression:

Blackwing Descent Bastion of Twilight ToTFW
Guild |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|NF| |HW|VT|TA|CG|SN| |CW|AA|
1. (A) The Valiant |MM|OD|ML|AT|**|NF| |**|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
2. (H) Prototype |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|NF| |**|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
3. (H) Sanctum |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|NF| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
4. (A) Synergy |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|NF| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
5. (A) Reprisal |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |**|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
6. (A) Fringe |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
7. (A) Vindicated |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|AA|
8. (A) Grind |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|NF| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|__|
9. (A) The Remnants |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|CG|__| |CW|__|
10. (A) Balance |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|__|__| |CW|__|
11. (H) Forsakens Finest |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|__|__| |CW|__|
12. (A) Final Encounter |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|TA|__|__| |CW|__|
13. (H) Mankriks New Wife |MM|OD|ML|AT|CM|__| |HW|VT|__|__|__| |CW|__|
14. (H) Zero Negative |MM|OD|ML|__|CM|__| |HW|VT|__|__|__| |CW|__|
15. (A) Corporal Punishment |MM|OD|ML|__|__|__| |HW|__|__|__|__| |CW|__|
16. (A) Stands in Fire |MM|__|__|__|__|__| |HW|__|__|__|__| |CW|__|
17. (H) The Requiem |MM|OD|__|__|__|__| |__|__|__|__|__| |CW|__|
18. (H) Hidden Charges |MM|__|__|__|__|__| |HW|__|__|__|__| |__|__|
19. (A) Sacramentum |MM|__|__|__|__|__| |HW|__|__|__|__| |__|__|
Edited by Tsul on 5/3/2011 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Guilds
To list your guild please post the follow. Note that you don't need to currently have any progression completed to be added to the list.
Name :
GM :
10 or 25 man:

Alliance Guilds

25 Man

Fringe
GM : Shinagami

Vindicated
GM : Cyordin

Reprisal
GM : Aproditace

10 Man

Balance
GM : Evelette
Website : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/grizzly-hills/balance/

Stands in Fire
GM : Seolfor

The Valiant
GM : Silme

Final Encounter
GM : Teariall

Synergy
GM : Cairdan

Grind
GM : Dex

The Remnants
GM : Willing

Sacramentum
GM : Spartacus

Horde Guilds

25 Man

10 Man

Sanctum
GM : Orrak

From the Ashes
GM : Eruanno

The Requiem
GM : Kalyisto

Mankriks New Wife
GM : Anzi

Forsakens Finest
GM : Likathatale
Website : http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=40498&TabID=358212

Prototype
GM : Emiri

Zero Negative
GM : Skiazo
Edited by Tsul on 5/3/2011 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Boss Key

Corresponding Letters = Normal Kill
** = Heroic Kill

Throne of Four Winds
CW - Conclave of Wind
AA - Al'akir

Bastion of Twilight
HW - Halfus Wyrmbreaker
VT - Valiona and Theralion
TA - Twilight Ascendants
CG - Cho'gall
SN - Sinestra * Heroic Only

Blackwing Descent
MM - Magmaw
OD - Omnitron Defense System
ML - Maloriak
AT - Atramedes
CM - Chimaeron
NE - Nefarian
Edited by Tsul on 2/27/2011 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Rules

1. All guild kills must be posted from a maximum level character in that guild.

2. Only kills achieved on this server are counted.

3. Trolling/Arguing on this thread is not tolerated, keep it in-game or on another thread.

4. I will update this thread as frequently as possible/necessary, do not hound me about it.

5. When posting a guild kill you MUST post the guild name and difficulty(25/10, heroic/normal). If you do not post the necessary information your post will be ignored.

6. A screenshot is encouraged but not required. However if your kill is found to be illegitimate it will be removed from the thread. It is your own reputation at stake so do not try to lie about your progression.

Contact

If you have a question or concern about the thread you can ask me on here or you can mail/whisper me in-game on Tsul or Airiko (Alliance). I have other alts but please don't bother my guildies asking if I'm on an alt, if Tsul or Airiko are not online then just send a mail with your question.
Edited by Tsul on 2/21/2011 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Reserved for more space if needed.
Edited by Tsul on 12/17/2010 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Reserved for more space if needed.
Edited by Tsul on 12/17/2010 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
And that's all, for now. If I've left anything out go ahead and let me know. But you can post now, and please report for sticky.

Also, please go ahead and post your guild info, I know no one has any progression yet but I'd like to get all the guilds listed as soon as possible.
Edited by Tsul on 12/17/2010 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Name : Sanctum
GM : Dramzus
10 man.

We have currently killed OD as of Thursday Dec 16 2010. Also i would like to inquire on why 25 and 10 man are seperated they are on the same loot and difficutly systems so in my personal opinion it makes it seem as though one is better then the others so could we possibly combine all progression and or split it back up like the old thread was in the beginning of wrath where there is horde and alliance progression?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/17/2010 4:41 PMPosted by Aely
We have currently killed OD as of Thursday Dec 16 2010. Also i would like to inquire on why 25 and 10 man are seperated they are on the same loot and difficutly systems so in my personal opinion it makes it seem as though one is better then the others so could we possibly combine all progression and or split it back up like the old thread was in the beginning of wrath where there is horde and alliance progression?

They're not separated because of difficulty, they're separated because they are different kinds of raids. The intention isn't to make one look better than the other, it's just so each guild can be listed within the section that applies to them. I could list them together but I think people would have a problem with that too, and I can't make everyone happy. The way all the progression threads for cata I've looked at are doing 10 and 25 man separate, so that's what I did.
Edited by Tsul on 12/18/2010 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/17/2010 4:41 PMPosted by Aely
Also i would like to inquire on why 25 and 10 man are seperated they are on the same loot and difficutly systems

Atm 10 and 25mans are not balanced. It will always be harder to coordinate the position of 25 people over 10 people. Heroic LK10 was a joke compared to Heroic LK25 ONLY because you had 15 less people to worry about standing in defile, bubbling, getting hit by spirits, etc.

Cata raiding has not changed mechanics between 10 and 25man, and when execution is everything raids will always favor a smaller group.

I say keep 25man progression separate because getting 25 people together to execute and down these raid bosses is a feat all in its own.

RIP 40mans

EDIT: STICKY, good progression thread right here
Edited by Zooy on 12/18/2010 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Name : Vindicated
GM : Cyordin
10 or 25 man: We are currently going to be running multiple 10 mans.

Vindicated has downed Halfus Wyrmreaker on 10 man normal. SS can be given if requested. All 10 people in attendance were in the guild.
Edited by Hardly on 12/18/2010 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Rules
2. Boss kills will only count if all 25 or 10 members of the raid belong to that guild.

I was also wondering why this was a requirement. Blizzard only requires 8 or 20 people to be present to count towards guild achievements, so why not follow this model? Not saying that our guild would not have a full guild group present, but I am sure situations may arise for other guilds where someone might be subbed in for whatever reason, and if Blizzard still counts it as guild, why wouldn't you?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/18/2010 9:27 AMPosted by Zooy

Atm 10 and 25mans are not balanced. It will always be harder to coordinate the position of 25 people over 10 people. Heroic LK10 was a joke compared to Heroic LK25 ONLY because you had 15 less people to worry about standing in defile, bubbling, getting hit by spirits, etc.

Cata raiding has not changed mechanics between 10 and 25man, and when execution is everything raids will always favor a smaller group.

Heroic LK10 was easier than 25 mans because it was designed to be, Blizzard has stated that specifically on several occasions. The 'cat herding' argument gets thrown around every time this issue comes up; with raids being designed to be equal in terms of numeric difficulty the additional difficulty of organizing a 25 man group is mitigated by the leniency that such a larger group offers, vastly smaller penalties for death and increased battle rezzing for example. Or a 25 man raids ability to downsize to 10s for fights where a smaller group has a significant advantage.

If you look at the top raiding guilds in the world right now, Paragon and Ensidia, as an example. Paragon is doing 25s and Ensidia is doing 10s both have progressed through all the normal content and downed their first heroic boss on the exact same day. That speaks a lot as too the relative difficulty of the raid content as a whole between the 2 sizes. If 10 mans were significantly easier/harder than 25's Ensidia would be several bosses ahead of Paragon.

It also bears pointing out that Fringe is currently the only progression minded 25man raiding guild on server so a 25 man column is essentially going to be Fringe, and the random large guilds that won't make it past Halfus and Conclave.

EDIT: Reported for Sticky!
Edited by Orrak on 12/18/2010 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
In my opinion when you have to design a fight that's exactly the same 10 and 25 man, it makes both fights limited and this is something that makes the difficulty kind of the same...but I do agree that 25 and 10 man progression should be separate. If you consider yourself a 10 man raiding guild then accept the "10 man" label and same with 25 man. I cant say from experience with this expansion but 25 man content in the past has always been a bit harder. But either way its still a different bracket.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
The fights are not exactly the same on 10 and 25 so having different tracked progression makes perfect sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Name : From the Ashes
GM : Eruanno
Website : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127122896?page=1#10 (Temporary till a site is up)
10 or 25 man: 10 man mainly (Though not raiding quite yet)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Sanctum Has just downed Conclave of Wind in 10 man normal mode

also we've had a leadership change, I am currently the GM of Sanctum
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/18/2010 2:26 PMPosted by Hardly
I was also wondering why this was a requirement. Blizzard only requires 8 or 20 people to be present to count towards guild achievements, so why not follow this model? Not saying that our guild would not have a full guild group present, but I am sure situations may arise for other guilds where someone might be subbed in for whatever reason, and if Blizzard still counts it as guild, why wouldn't you?

That rule was more just in keeping with tradition that guild runs are done by full guilds. I know blizzard now counts 8 or 20 people as a guild achievement, but consistently bringing 2/5 non guildies to every raid I don't think should be counted on this thread, regardless of whether it counts as the achievement.

That being said, if you bring in a friend from another guild or you bring in someone's alt from another guild, or any situation where it's not very many "pugs" and it's not very often, I'm not going to discredit the kill.. What I will discredit is having a core group that isn't all in the same guild.
Reply Quote
82 Worgen Warrior
Vindicated has downed Valiona/Theralion 10m Bastion of Twilight

Blah this is Yoruichí. Posted under wrong character my bad.
Edited by Kyoukotsu on 12/20/2010 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Name : Balance
GM : Evelette
Website : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/grizzly-hills/balance/
10 or 25 man: 10 man

12-21-10: HW Down
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]