What do you get for 10 arena losses now?

14 Blood Elf Hunter
I'd like to gear up some alts by running 10 points games for quick losses each week. Does anyone know how much honor you get for 10 losses now?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think to get conq points you need to win.

Moo
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Hunter
Right, but I'm assuming you get honor even for losses?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
You get NOTHING. Stop being bad, 5 wins = point cap at 0 rating.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You get an acheivement called "Cold Streak".
If you get 10 losses in a row at 180 or lower MMR you get "Colder Streak".

Colder Streak is probably the hardest acheivement in the game to get.
So hard that no one has it.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Hunter
If you get nothing, that's different than it's been done for the entire history of arena. Haven't you heard of arena points teams before?

And I've got five 5 80-85s, so there's no way I'm going to spend enough time on this game to compete with all of them. I generally pick 2 toons to compete with each arena season and I just do points games with the other 3.

If they get rid of points teams I'll just consolidate some of my accounts and that will be that much less money Blizzard gets from me each month. Fine with me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah I'm sure they really care.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't care, you don't care, no one cares. I'm just saying what I'm going to do- no illusions about it being a big deal to Blizzard.

And we won't know until Tuesday whether you truly get nothing for 10 losses. At least that's the way it worked under the old system- each Tuesday they would give you 250 arena points or so for 10 games in 2v2.
Edited by Laethia on 12/17/2010 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2010 8:32 PMPosted by Laethia

And we won't know until Tuesday whether you truly get nothing for 10 losses. At least that's the way it worked under the old system- each Tuesday they would give you 250 arena points or so for 10 games in 2v2.

I dunno bud. Now that they are letting use conq points asap, I assume that's all we get. No point arguing it yet though....

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/17/2010 8:32 PMPosted by Laethia
I don't care, you don't care, no one cares. I'm just saying what I'm going to do- no illusions about it being a big deal to Blizzard.

This isn't the old system. It is completely new. You will get nothing for 10 losses.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
since you dont loose rating below 800, bottom feeders need to play until they get 800 rating, then they only need to win a few games to get there max conquest points weeks after weeks.

But they do need to try and win a few to get there points.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What's the point of getting gear if you intend to lose all your games. Its like saying "I like my new shiny car, so I'm going to crash it into the wall since I don't intend on using it."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/17/2010 8:20 PMPosted by Laethia
And I've got five 5 80-85s, so there's no way I'm going to spend enough time on this game to compete with all of them. I generally pick 2 toons to compete with each arena season and I just do points games with the other 3

That many 85's and you cant muster up 5 wins a week? Takes like 15 minutes on a bad night, 5 if your on a roll. Surely there must be someone worse than you that you can beat. Just saying.
Reply Quote
So your QQing because you can no longer deliberatly loose games to get geared, thats like going into a raid and aiming to wipe till every piece of gear breaks and then getting Valor Points.

I also dont see the need to gear them for pvp if you say that you only use 2 of the 5
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
12/17/2010 8:14 PMPosted by Vulkz
You get an acheivement called "Cold Streak".
If you get 10 losses in a row at 180 or lower MMR you get "Colder Streak".

Colder Streak is probably the hardest acheivement in the game to get.
So hard that no one has it.

its so hard That its a feats of weakness.
Edited by Xeryyn on 12/18/2010 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Exactly what you deserve.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
listen you get nothing for 10 losses, however 5 wins even at 0 rating caps you for the week, so even the failest of people can get them, i mean seriously how hard is it to win 5 games against some scrubs who dont have any res???
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The fact that the new scoring system is unprecedented is totally irrelevant; no one should ever have been awarded points for ten losses. It makes no sense to award people max level gear for doing nothing but failing.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Hunter
I actually agree it was a good change, and I wasn't looking forward to leveling 5 toons to 85 anyway. Better to just pick the 2-3 I'll play competitively with and let the others stay at 80 - I'll transfer them to my main account, which will save me some $$ each month.

Arena points games have been a long arena tradition, however, so don't act like this was something I just came up with. I was always happy to get the free points when I faced points teams on a toon I was playing competitively. But yeah, it was kind of an exploit so it's fine if it's gone.
Edited by Laethia on 12/18/2010 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]