Level as Holy or Ret

88 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok so from 80-85 should I use the equipment I gain in quests to gear up Ret to make leveling faster or should I stay holy for the next 5 levels?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
is this a trick question? haha.....ret of course to level, holy would suck to level -)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Like everything in WoW, Holy is easy to level with (and tons more fun to play than Retribution). You might have to purchase some BoE greens from AH though, since the Holy plate quest rewards aren't out there in abundance, it would seem.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I only say this because i'm completely geared with Holy gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not Ret. Not not not Ret.

Shockadin.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I leveled as ret and I enjoyed it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You level as Prot. Ret is so damn pooring.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll give you an exemple : me facerolling an Holy Pally with My Ret Pally.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy dps is okay for maybe 80-82. Then mobs have too much hps, and it gets extremely slow. Feel free to collect Prot or Ret dps gear and switch it up by 82-83 for max leveling speed.

Also, I'd recommend Prot with dps gear. It's pretty strong.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 8:58 AMPosted by Nyumi
I'll give you an exemple : me facerolling an Holy Pally with My Ret Pally.

You faceroll pallies because you have HoJ, Rep, and now... a kick. It has 0 to do with your DPS. OP asked about leveling.

Like I said, Shockadin. Nearly instant 12k Exos over and over and over and over.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks everyone for the replies, its just nice to get some input from paladins that have been there. I'll continue Holy until its taking too long to kill mobs then i'll switch it up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Level Holy/Holy, never run out of mana or miss, do decent dps, carry one set of gear, win the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've been Holy from Day 1. Honestly, Holy is not a bad leveling spec at any stage of the game now that Blizz gave us Shock and Crusader Strike from the get-go.

Will end-game mobs take longer to kill as Holy? Sure, but not by much.

Will you ever run out of mana? No.

Will you ever have to stop to drink or eat? No.

Will you ever miss? No.

Will you ever die? No. (hehe not often, anyways)

With the right talents and efficient rotation of attacks, you will do a steady stream of damage that never stops. Also, Holy is probably the best spec to use Inquisition (blasphemy!) because we do not have a Holy Power dump when we solo. Sorry, Ret, Inquisition should be in our spellbook! Haha
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

You faceroll pallies because you have HoJ, Rep, and now... a kick. It has 0 to do with your DPS. OP asked about leveling.

Like I said, Shockadin. Nearly instant 12k Exos over and over and over and over.

While you instant 12k Exos, I instant Hammer you for 26k + Exo if I ever melee crit you for 20k. Ty to Wings + Inquisition. And yes, I do have a kick for your heals. Don't get me wrong, but I think Ret have better abilities in PvP than Holy in 1v1 situations.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
sure better abilities, doesn't mean you are going to win in those 1v1 situations.

But this is about leveling not pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I swapped from Ret to Holy at level 30 something and haven't looked back.

I'm with Ehrion, Holy seems the way to go for me. I do more damage as Holy than Ret and have done so in the dungeons I've been through, plus the added bonus of being able to back up the healer is always good. And no one cares if I'm Holy or Ret anyway.

But I've alway been a "do it my way" kind of guy.
Personally I think you should run your toon however you like. I find people who stick to set templates and knock others for being original with their character builds, are somewhat narrow minded.

I think if we HAD to follow set models for our toons, the game would become very boring very quickly.

Go your own way, be original and add diversity to the game.

Holy kicks ass. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
He can go the spec he wants :p jsut saying that leveling also means world PvP issues unless you cower in your PvE server of shame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's fine Nyumi, but there is no need to put some one else down for not playing on on a PvP server.

(Some people take this game far too seriously)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveled as prot wearing dps gear, pretty much smooth sailing with easy aoeing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]