Druid Raid Healers

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm posting this for any druid raid healers that have tried the new content. I have seen some posts stating that druids are struggling the most out of the other classes for raid healing. How true is this?

Also, I'm curious which spells are "go to spells" for raid healing considering the healing mechanics that have changed. I'm not sure when my druid will start raid healing, but I would prefer entering her first in new raid content prior to my other toons.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Time to go back to vanilla style snipe healing except instead of healing touch it's nourish!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well, the problem with Nourish is that it's so weak for you without a hot. You don't really have a "go to" spell because switching targets effectively/efficiently requires prepping with HoTs, and you don't have a cheap HoT. At least that's my understanding from talking with our druids. (Now, you guys totally rock at tank healing, and the occasional WG on the melee/tank is great raidhealing support.)
Edited by Kaels on 12/18/2010 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's basically the problem. Our efficient heal is about 30-35% weaker than those of the other classes' without a HoT up. Not only do we miss Nourish's +20%, we also lose out on our 10-15% mastery.

We need a cheap HoT, or we're going to be gimped until we outgear Nourish.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Rejuv was supposed to be our cheap HOT, but Blizzard doesn't know how they actually want druids to heal in raids.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
My gripes with druid healing are:

1. Lifeboom on 1 person only is clunky. The amount of dmg multiple tanks take changes and it isn't quick to swap where the LB will have the most benefit. I understand they won't want us healing 3-4 tanks with one spell anymore but perhaps if we are going to limit it to one than LB should just be a one-application type spell so that it can be more maneuverable.

2. Burst AOE healing. Yeah you lied - it is still very much alive in Raids and not only do we still not have anything to deal with it, we are worse at dealing with it because we can't be proactive when we know it is coming.

3. Nourish requiring a Hot is crippling for getting direct heals out to random players. Really, time to let that mechanic die.

4. Our talent tree is still bloated. If nothing else, Living Seed is not worth 3 damn talent points to raid healing druid, please for the love of god unlink it from our only other AOE heal.

I think Druids are worthy to take to a 25 man ez-mode, but improvements can and need to be made as we are little more than support to the other healers, can't comment on heroic 25 yet but that is where the classes strengths and weaknesses are always amplified, so any problems we have now won't get better the harder content gets.
Edited by Zowi on 12/18/2010 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
yea, i had being having some issues, and my heals looks a lot weaker compare to palla, shamns and priest. Wile since i was normally in the top healers in my guild, now im being left out when raid comes. So i might just go back to my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is all a bit distressing to hear. My druid is my main and I would love to raid heal on her. However, after looking at our available heals with the new mana costs, I came at a loss of how to raid heal effectively so I was looking for some advice.

I'm currently in the process of lvling my shaman now to 85 (she's about to be lvl 82), so I'm curious to see the difference in mana cost and throughput of spells in comparison.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
plz give us back rejuv. I <3 that spell and how it leaves a trail of swirley green stuff behind it when people are running. One of the reasons I picked druid as my healer.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've killed 5 raid bosses as of now, with Maloriak down to 2%. It really varies on who is taking damage and how much of it. Usually, my top heal is life bloom; this really gets high when ToL form is used and LB is spammed across the board. Efflorescence and Wild Growth are usually up near the top, with Rejuvenation nearing that. I also use Nourish a lot in raids to conserve mana, even if not other hots are currently on the target; this is helpful for little heals and just topping people off.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

This is so depressing.....I use to like healing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have this 85 pally and an 85 resto shaman already, I was starting to level my druid but I kind of hate it a lot. I'm not sure what developer thought it'd be fun to force druids to use their direct heals, and at the same time give them no reliable haste proc or buff to direct heals (nature's grace is some kind of perverse joke/epic fail/worst designed mechanic of all time), but I do hope they are replaced so I can play my druid again someday.

Single target lifebloom + no dispel resistance + really really really slow direct heals makes PvP a laughable horribly depressing disaster. Yea I can do ok on the bg chart (that still doesn't include absorbs as far as I can tell), but the actual play experience is terrible. When my hots aren't getting dispelled a new target is suddenly taking a bunch of dmg and my ability to switch and deal with that is... limited as a druid.

I mean really, with my shaman half my direct heal casts are hasted by tidal waves, my paladin has infusion procs and JotP, at least give druids a %!*%ing break and give them some reliable haste for direct heals.

Also, the mastery is terrible. Druids may have been the hot class and I know you wanted to keep them as the hot class, but I honestly now enjoy my shamans riptide more then I do my druids rejuv. 6 sec cd 21 sec hot that makes my next two HW or GHWs under 2 second casts? Yes please. Oh and it costs 10% base mana.

Edit: Oh, and I don't have to have riptide up on a target for my direct healing spells to be effective.

Regrowth? Hot on the emergency heal to keep the hot flavor? Yea that was a bad idea too.
Edited by Darlah on 12/18/2010 10:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So this is completely rediculas. It has become clear that blizzard does not want druids to heal in cataclysm, with our spells doing little more than they did in WOTLK and health pools have quadroupled. so we are SOL untill BLIZZ fixes this. I would love to get a blue post regarding this matter, as im sure the rest of you would.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Healing 5-mans is fine. I have an easy time handling the damage.

Raid damage, however, is a whole other thing. I don't feel like I have any tools to help heal it at all that aren't impossibly expensive mana-wise or that do so little healing they're barely worth it.

It's... sad, really...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've been thinking this for a little while, but shaman might be a better flavor of healer for me now. I like hots and unique mechanics. Healing is possible as a druid, but it just doesn't feel like druid healing should.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
After 5 years of playing this druid, I have to say, druids are in a sad sad state. I find that my hots are pretty much the LAST spells that I turn to and I've had to adjust my healing style to incorporate Nourish, which is so slow and small that I'm finding it difficult to keep up with the other healers in my raid. I've even found myself entertaining the idea of speccing out of TOL just because it makes me run OOM faster. How sad is that? With all the raid damage going out, how am I expected to hot them all up without sapping my mana bar? I could live with the smaller heals if they weren't so frakking expensive, mana wise.

Blizz, fix our regen problems, give us our hots back.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
being able to hot the raid at this point would bloat our numbers to no end. I don't think that's going to solve it. I also don't want to rejuv spam the whole time again either.

The whole nourish requiring a hot is a severe downside to raid healing. After we hit WG we can only cast 3 nourishes before we can no longer benefit from our master, and that's only if we select to heal 3 of those 5-7 people that got hit with it in the first place.

When i see raid damage i push wild growth and then wonder what i'm supposed to do. Other heals can spam their efficient heals, but we have to use mana to get ours on par for a short duration. Raid healing is just not fun.

Honestly I don't really use noursh much at all during a raid. I've tried a couple times, but ya... 6k heal seems like a waste of time when i see other people consistantly getting 8-10k non crits with their "Heal"
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
12/18/2010 5:34 PMPosted by Zowi
My gripes with druid healing are:

1. Lifeboom on 1 person only is clunky. The amount of dmg multiple tanks take changes and it isn't quick to swap where the LB will have the most benefit. I understand they won't want us healing 3-4 tanks with one spell anymore but perhaps if we are going to limit it to one than LB should just be a one-application type spell so that it can be more maneuverable.

Disagree. Lifebloom is versatile right now. It can be stacked on the tank or spammed on the raid when in ToL. There is ramp up time when switching targets, but it can be worked around (at least in pve).

2. Burst AOE healing. Yeah you lied - it is still very much alive in Raids and not only do we still not have anything to deal with it, we are worse at dealing with it because we can't be proactive when we know it is coming.

Agree. It's workable when there is no more incoming damage for a period of at least 15 seconds so that two sm and two wg can be used, but otherwise we're very weak here.

3. Nourish requiring a Hot is crippling for getting direct heals out to random players. Really, time to let that mechanic die.

Agree.

4. Our talent tree is still bloated. If nothing else, Living Seed is not worth 3 damn talent points to raid healing druid, please for the love of god unlink it from our only other AOE heal.

Agree.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
We are not primary raid heals, but we can backup the raid healer with eff and wg on cool down while keeping the tank up. Tranq is incredible for resets after the raid messes up and tree really is a great ability.

Let the shaman and holy priests primary raid heal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]