Druid Raid Healers

90 Night Elf Druid
So basically everything we screamed about the entire time during Beta is coming true. Druids are nothing more than tank healers with some light raid support, the mastery is weak, and Rejuv has been overly gutted.

I hope no one is shocked, everything said here was talked about 4 months ago but then we were just whiny Druids that wanted to be OP.
Reply Quote
Yeah... it's seeming that Blizzard has fallen out of love with druids. I will admit that we were "slightly" over powered in WotLK with our heals, but what do you expect from a class that is pretty much build around raid healing? But, yeah... us druids did sort of get the shaft with healing at the moment. But, hey, hopefully Blizzard will remedy this situation somehow.

And, on a side note, I am rather happy I found this forum. I was thinking that I had just lost my touch for healing, but it seems everyone is having issues lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I finally lvled my resto shaman to lvl 83, which is about the lvl I noticed a definite change in cost of spells and needed spell priority in my druid. I decided to take my shaman through Stonecore to see how she would do. The group I got was a classic Wrath type group (no cc's, go go go, decide to dps whichever target they felt like regardless of what the tank was attacking, barely waited for the healer to mana up, etc). And it pains me to say it... I struggled much less healing that group through Stonecore than my druid when she was lvl 83 going through there. I realize that I still have 2 lvls to go to fully see the difference, but it is rather disheartening to witness.
Edited by Aeowynn on 12/19/2010 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I could see druids taking a giant step over the crowd when we can get enough haste for a 6th tick on Rejuv, but that's a tier away at the earliest. Probably two.

Even as it currently is though, we're still very functional for raid healing. I wish our logs were up for BWD but with our logger missing and Conclave being a piss poor fight for logging (healers on the other 2 platforms aren't always in range of the recording), I can't show you guys what I mean.

For whatever anecdotal evidence is worth, about 70% of my healing was hots on Magmaw, a little more if you count Efflo (in a 10s, I couldn't really get more than 3-4 in each one at most). The Holy Pally was slightly above me, and the Resto Shaman was below me by a decent chunk.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. I agree with all these complaints, and more. Maybe it's just me, but Druids really got shafted with Cataclysm.

And kinda off-topic, but Blizzard, a buff to our healing, to help keep us viable, would be a great way to start apologizing for Wild Mushroom.

Also, has there been a blue post concerning Druid healing?! Everyone and their mother is complaining about it, and so far, I haven't been able to find ANY response from them. Not even an "It's just different, you'll get used to it."
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Mage
Blizzard has intentionally made Druids reactionary healers rather than preventative, thus most in the raid will not get a HoT unless they really need the heal. This makes balancing nourish around symbiosis stupid for a couple of reasons. Firstly, requiring a Druid cast a HoT first essentially delays the heal by a GCD. Secondly, the only two HoTs without cool down that a Druid will cast on a non tank are rejuv and regrowth, both of which cost several thousand mana. So Druids can choose between healing for less than other healers unless the target happens to have a HoT, or burning through all of their mana. As it stands a Druid can only viably raid heal on cool down - lifebloom during ToL, WG, effloresence, and tranquility.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
An example of how druid healing has gone to hell.
At level 80 with 2.8k SP my rejuv cost 300-400 mana and healed for 2.5-3k (4.5-5k crits).
At level 85 with 5k SP my rejuv costs 4.5k mana and heals for 2.3-2.8k (4k crits).
My regrowth heals for 8k (10k crits) but costs 6k mana.
Lifebloom costs 1.2k mana but heals for 300-400 if you have one stack so you need to put 3 stacks on, so basically the cost is 3.6k mana for 1k ticks.
Nourish has a slow cast time (unless you stack the piss out of haste) and heals for a small amount. If the target has a hot on them its healing is improved but its still heals for a small amount / dosent compete with other healers spells.
The real problem however is that rejuv (for example) heals for less than it did before while peoples health pools have tripled. The amount of damage taken by tanks / boss aoe abilities means that we are gonna need to spam a heal but we dont have a viable one either do to the immense mana cost or the slow cast time/ heal amount.

Blizz im not asking that you make hot spamming viable again but at least make our heals do something. 2k ticks wont do anything when the tank is taking 20k hits from several mobs simultaneously.

On a sidenote Hurricane costs 14k mana. How on earth do you expect us to AOE? thats almost a quarter of our mana gone if you have roughly 80k mana, in one spell! Plus the damage is minimal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Wild Growth is still brutally efficient, and Rejuvenation is still good/efficient if you can be sure it will run fully. The healing per mana is there, it's just an HPS issue during AoE burn phases.

Our problem is that we have no way of getting a group up fast outside of Tranquility. This can be a problem on a few raid bosses. We can do strong healing if we anticipate things well, but if we fall behind it is incredibly difficult to catch up.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
12/20/2010 6:26 AMPosted by Arentios
Wild Growth is still brutally efficient, and Rejuvenation is still good/efficient if you can be sure it will run fully. The healing per mana is there, it's just an HPS issue during AoE burn phases.

Our problem is that we have no way of getting a group up fast outside of Tranquility. This can be a problem on a few raid bosses. We can do strong healing if we anticipate things well, but if we fall behind it is incredibly difficult to catch up.

Hence why I was asking for an AOE direct heal for like most of beta.

Healing Shrooms would have been so much fun. (they still would have required you to think ahead, but in a much different way than trying to just HOT everyone and hope they don't die).

the problem with druid raid healing is - during Beta, they had to make rejuv really mana efficient so we could spam it, so then we were too good and they increased rejuv's mana cost, BUT never provided us with an alternative raid healing strategy, because all of our AOE spells are on medium to long cooldowns, and end up just being a "drop in the bucket". We still rely on rejuv for AOE healing. Blizzard either just needs to accept rejuv spam, or they need to provide us with an alternative toolset.
Edited by Lissanna on 12/20/2010 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
12/19/2010 5:12 PMPosted by Tralia
So basically everything we screamed about the entire time during Beta is coming true. Druids are nothing more than tank healers with some light raid support, the mastery is weak, and Rejuv has been overly gutted.

I hope no one is shocked, everything said here was talked about 4 months ago but then we were just whiny Druids that wanted to be OP.

If you say things like that, you still just sound whiny. Also, the people that say vague things like "druids suck, buff us" is kindof pointless. So, lets try to just stick to the types of things they can do something about.

Also, if we are tank healing, our mastery is fine. Our new mastery is also far superior to our original mastery. Our mastery isn't terrible for raid healing - expecially in 10's. It would be nice, however, if Efflorescence counted as a HOT for the purpose of the mastery so that it would buff our spells while people stand in it.

Druid AOE healing was still something I spent a LOT of time talking about during beta testing, and in the end, we never got the new AOE tool we needed to relieve some of the pressure from needing to rejuv-spam to be effective. So, if things in raids (once everyone is actually raiding at the gear level they're supposed to be) don't improve over time, they may just need to let us just spam a mana-efficient version of rejuv and be done with it.
Edited by Lissanna on 12/20/2010 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid healing is no longer "Raid healing". We've been nerfed in this respect and rightfully so. Every healer performs both jobs adequatly. FYI our "raid healing" is:
WG when a lot of people are damaged, on CD
Use regrowth every CoC proc, on a dps or tank- whoever needs it. Also use for dps-emergencies if you're feeling nice.
Use rejuv on people who have taken damage but don't need to be healed immediatly OR on people that are clustered together and all need healing (swiftmend). A CoC regrowth is more ideal for the latter.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Almost any significant change would grossly overpower us.

I'd look to tweaks on Nourish (no HOT dependency), lower RJ cost, EFF counting as a HOT etc. to buff us a bit, but not to much.

A new AoE spell or a big jump in Regrowth strength would put us way over the other healers as it stands now.

We scale incredibly well in gear, in fact probably too well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Surtan, I don't think most Druids are asking for flat out buffs to our numbers. We're asking for tweaks to make our class play a little differently.

There are quite a few threads around asking for changes, most of which affect Nourish, Symbiosis, and the way our HoT effects interact. Having an efficient heal that's 30% weaker than that of our compatriots unless we spend 5k mana to improve it really doesn't work that well.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
My 10s is 4/12, not world class but we've now spent several hours raiding. My spell usage is definitely more distributed although I now focus mainly on the tank and let others deal with the raid. I will throw out Rejuv and WG but it is definitely a challenge dealing with mana. I use Nourish a lot, just because I spam it on the tank to maintain LB. It is starting to seem like a stupid design actually. Treeform is very powerful and I need to learn how to improve my usage. Overall I would give the new design a C-. We are competitive healers but the class is no longer fun.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Face it they broke druid healers, horribly. The new style of healing works well but it just seems like they got all the classes balanced then crammed us in at the end with little thought or adjustments. No new spells? losing tree form? If anything they gave every class new @%%% and took our best features away. Im disgusted with my druid now and will most likely just give FF a go or some other online game. Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I completed Baradin Hold earlier this week and had a night full of attempts on Omnitron last night. I walked away with one major observation:

I've yet to still put lifebloom to mental/muscle memory. It's not a rolling issue, it's the exclusive target issue. I'm used to having lifebloom rolling on all the tanks, so to have it limited to one for most of the fight was hard to work with. I know *in theory* that I can go into ToL, put a stack on both tanks, and then nourish-refresh these later on, but although it sounds great in theory, it's extremely restrictive in practice. Additionally, with a single misclick, I can cast lifebloom on someone else and wipe out a rolling lifebloom stack on the tank, which could very well wipe the raid - it puts a lot of pressure on the druid healer to know that one misclick will mess up 9 or 24 other raider's attempts.

Smaller observations were using OoC procs for regrowths (which worked out really well!), figuring out the best time to use tranquility during the fight, asking for lock rocks every single pull to get everyone in the habit of using them, and efficiently timing my innervate. My mana pool was manageable last night, I wasn't going OOM unless the raid was taking a lot of avoidable damage.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
@Sente - I actually devote a keybind now to cast lifebloom on my focus target so I reflexively can hit it mid fight. Doesn't work in a tank swap situation, but super helpful a lot of the time.

@Sevzi - There are some healers asking for a few tweaks, and a horde asking for massive buffs. I agree some mechanics changes would be great, I just don't expect too much. Blizz will probably leave us as is, lower RJ cost slightly, and tweak something else minor.

The point being, we can heal existing content that I've seen fine in appropriate gear with good coordination.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I just want my 1 sec cast nourish back, looks like its gonna be a mix of spirit and haste stacking for me.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
i would be very content leaving rejuv cost as is, but letting it consume OoC in place of swiftmend consuming it. I think this would go a long way in letting us setup without feeling so guilty about it. every time i cast rejuv in a raid i am second guessing if it was a good choice, which feels wierd, since a hot is required on our target for nourish and mastery and rejuv is really our only controllable hot that lasts for a valuable amount of time. other than this, i think we could have used a spell to swap lifebloom stacks to a new target. both of these have been suggested many times over but i think are worth repeating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]