Druid Raid Healers

85 Draenei Shaman
LifeBloom is so powerful right now, it needs to remain on 1 person (ToL + LB spamming has saved my group so many times), the other heals do need to be brought up.

Nourish absolutely need to have the hot requirement removed. No other heal has this. On my shaman, I don't have to worry about it at all and it improves quality of life so much. (in addition to the majority of my 'efficient' heal getting 30% haste).

Right now, Druids have the poorest AoE healing, and the poorest "snipe" healing., both Renew and riptide can be used more frequently than Rejuv.

The best role a druid can hold right now is MT Healing, IMO, with using wild growth when necessary. yes, you can do everything else too, but IMO, everyone can do it much better.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2010 11:29 AMPosted by Gobb

The best role a druid can hold right now is MT Healing, IMO, with using wild growth when necessary. yes, you can do everything else too, but IMO, everyone can do it much better.

Druids have the highest sustained single target healing. That's nothing to gripe at honestly. You can still throw hots out on targets ands sustain said healing as well. If you only care about healing meters vs. doing an important job well - then you'll be sad and nearly always do less than a priest can aoe wise. However, that priest isn't doing anything else except raid healing - whereas a druid can multitask.

Tranquility, when coordinated, is something that is insanely powerful. For both our first Nefarian kill and our Halfus heroic kill, we definitely had a tranquility order for our two resto druids and moonkins :). It's an absolutely amazing cooldown that alone makes up for the gap between priests and druids since only big damage moments (nefs lightning, halfus' roar) wipe the raid.

You won't see a priest saving the raid in quite the same fashion, as Tranq > Hymn.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
It's been said before but one thing that would greatly improve our quality of play would be to make Nourish a 1.5 sec cast. In fact all efficient heals should be a 1.5 sec cast. Given the weakness of efficient heals, this could not possibly be game breaking or content trivializing but it would improve quality of play for all healers and for druids in particular, it would make LB maintenance much less cumbersome.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/20/2010 11:37 AMPosted by Nikitabanana

Tranquility, when coordinated, is something that is insanely powerful. For both our first Nefarian kill and our Halfus heroic kill, we definitely had a tranquility order for our two resto druids and moonkins :). It's an absolutely amazing cooldown that alone makes up for the gap between priests and druids since only big damage moments (nefs lightning, halfus' roar) wipe the raid.

You won't see a priest saving the raid in quite the same fashion, as Tranq > Hymn.

I do agree that Tranquility is the best healing cooldown, I also feel that the more resto druids that you bring, the more you will ~need~ to use it. :p

Divine Hymn is still an incredible cooldown, I'm sure you guys used it in conjunction with Tranquility. :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]