Is Ret really that bad?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 9:24 PMPosted by Allíe
No, it is all the rets who say "ret is just fine how it is, you're just bad" who are holding the spec back, you are one of them.

Judging by this forum, the complainers hold the majority.

12/18/2010 9:25 PMPosted by Typhron

A majority can't get a response from Blizzard but one little person can hold the spec back?

You don't know our history very well, do you?

You began playing in Wrath and have a chip on your shoulder that makes the rest of your generation look bad. Color me surprised. :V

I've been privy to our history from anecdotes, but what I find interesting is that you "old school" rets got the good stuff in Wrath, topping meters with an easy ass "rotation", then start complaining when they change it to something a little more complicated.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Majority means nothing, and not everyone is complaining some people are posting constructive possible fixes. but I guess trying to be constructive = complaining no matter what.

Please tell me how waiting for procs and a lot of dead time in between CS cooldowns and TV is complicated?
Edited by Allíe on 12/18/2010 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 9:35 PMPosted by Allíe
Majority means nothing, and not everyone is complaining some people are posting constructive possible fixes. but I guess trying to be constructive = complaining no matter what.

Please tell me how waiting for procs and a lot of dead time in between CS cooldowns and TV is complicated?

A lot of dead time, yea right.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
please tell me how to RNG better.
Reply Quote
7 Dwarf Hunter
[quote="15773177861A lot of dead time, yea right.[/quote]

Ummm...there is a lot of deadtime. Not just deadtime where we're waiting for something to come off CD or proc but lots of deadtime where we're just hitting a low damage filler ability. Other dps classes your main rotation skills are your major source of damage and any procs are nice extras. Rets is backwards. Our bread and butter use on demand skills are fluff and our procs are the major sources of damage. Yes, its bad at 85. I'm hit capped, expertise capped, and have been running heroics for the past week. Sometimes I'm top damage, sometimes I'm bottom but either way its a horribly unfun spec right. Dunno about you but I play for fun. I have 114 days played on my paly going back to BC and I'm seriousely thinking of making another my main even though my paly is my achievement toon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 9:48 PMPosted by Typhron

Judging by this forum, the complainers hold the majority.

I've been privy to our history from anecdotes, but what I find interesting is that you "old school" rets got the good stuff in Wrath, topping meters with an easy ass "rotation", then start complaining when they change it to something a little more complicated.

And this is a stunning example of one's ignorance. Say what you will about the rotation, but managing 7 attack buttons along with 6 defensive ones (13 button rotation lol?) Was miles ahead of the Arcane Arcane Blast x3 + Arcane Barrage OR Arcane Blast x3 + Arcane Missles + Arcane Barrage (2 to 3 WHOLE buttons, WOOOOO). Especially considering you did the same thing for Shadow Priests, Hunters, and any other class that had a first come first server (or FCFS, an Initialism or bunch of letters that mean something). Especially especially since they gave the same damn system (sans defensive buttons) to other classes in current damn content.

But those classes aren't 'easy lol' >:|

Hey guy, mage forums are that way.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
You clearly didn't read what he said and only saw the word "arcane blast" in there.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Hey guy, mage forums are that way.

YOU'RE RIGHT. But I updated my post to include warriors too. Among other things.

Still, though. Thank you for being the one person to miss the point.

I missed the point? You're the one being going beyond the scope of the argument. I'm talking about paladins, not the other classes. If you guys want to compare yourself to other classes, I can't help you. Actually, maybe you should make those your main.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Give up Typhron, Ryyl is too pro at RNG for us and never has dead time like the rest of the ret population
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
R.E.T=
REALLY
EFFIN
TERRIBLE
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I missed the point? You're the one being going beyond the scope of the argument. I'm talking about paladins, not the other classes. If you guys want to compare yourself to other classes, I can't help you. Actually, maybe you should make those your main.

'cause rerolling helps the classes problems. And is certainly fun.

No, the fact is other classes are THERE. In a raid environment there will be others, all fighting for the same cause, for the same goal, and you WILL be holding the lot back if you're not pulling your weight. It is the one thing about raiding that has not changed since this game's inception.

And when I do 10k dps and my guildies do twice that, I get antsy. We all know what we're doing, but apparently some know what they're doing better than others. :v

12/18/2010 10:05 PMPosted by Allíe
Give up Typhron, Ryyl is too pro at RNG for us and never has dead time like the rest of the ret population

I know. I know it's a troll too but I Can't. Stop. Making. A point.

Check world of logs please. Your hypothetical situation doesn't exist right now.
Edited by Ryyl on 12/18/2010 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
check world of logs and see ret dps far behind everyone else.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If you think ret can compare to any other classes, you are terrible.
we fight a fight that cant even be won "metaphorically speaking"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 10:13 PMPosted by Allíe
check world of logs and see ret dps far behind everyone else.

His hypo of a difference of 10k dps? Unless it's a gimmick fight, in similarly geared raid groups this hasn't happened in cata yet. Not even close.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
sure it may have been over exaggerated at double our dps, but the fact still remains we are way behind the others dps wise.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/18/2010 10:21 PMPosted by Allíe
sure it may have been over exaggerated at double our dps, but the fact still remains we are way behind the others dps wise.

We'll see when everyone's in T11.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I don't see T11 as a ret paladin's saving grace to our dps problem.
Edited by Allíe on 12/18/2010 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]