So obviously any decent holy is stacking spir

85 Human Paladin
i can't decide what to reforge though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery. It's terrible for holy pals imo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery first, crit second.
Haste and Spirit are good.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/19/2010 12:07 AMPosted by Tonîc
Mastery first, crit second.
Haste and Spirit are good.

Not sure whether or not to reforge out of my crit, yet.

Mastery definitly always gets reforged to haste / spirit, though
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you have enough crit to keep Conviction up when chain casting then you should be fine. Haste is amazing for increasing your hps and Spirit lets you deal with the increased mana/second use.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
reforge mastery??? lol your kidding right?

if the peice has haste on it already, leave it. anything else reforge to haste. gems, yellow = intel/haste, red= intell, blue = intell/spirit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/19/2010 1:17 AMPosted by Sandcoon
reforge mastery??? lol your kidding right?

if the peice has haste on it already, leave it. anything else reforge to haste. gems, yellow = intel/haste, red= intell, blue = intell/spirit.

they meant reforge mastery into something else, not reforge into mastery. L2R.
Reply Quote
Im not quite on the spirit bandwagon yet. I need to get as much crit as i can for my Infusion of Light procs. And as far as i see it in PvP.

Spirit is only going to help you if your not casting.
If im not casting im probably going to be out of combat drinking.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 1:39 AMPosted by Odropro
Im not quite on the spirit bandwagon yet. I need to get as much crit as i can for my Infusion of Light procs. And as far as i see it in PvP.

Spirit is only going to help you if your not casting.
If im not casting im probably going to be out of combat drinking.

if you'll noticed, directly under your mp5 is ur in combat mp5, and believe me it adds up. even in heroic gear with procs i'm around 2700mp5 in combat. in a 5 minute fight thats 162k free mana or about 23 divine lights. math might be a little off
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mastery is very situational.
Stacking spirit is obviously the best way to go, let's you be more generous with your healing.
Haste makes you cast more spells, therefore using more mana.

So ....

Personally, for an all-around healing gear set-up: i'd reforge all of my haste into Crit, and around 1/3 of my Mastery as well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Haste is a fairly weak stat right now, because it does nothing for your HPM ratio. In fact, to leverage the higher HPS it grants, it makes you burn mana at a higher rate.

That doesn't mean that you should ignore haste, though. If your Holy Light and Divine Light is too slow, you can't use them over Flash of Light when people lose health rapidly, which loses you mana. And you have fewer Daybreak Procs, and hence less holy power (though I haven't really worked out the precise math for that yet). And in some emergency situations it can still be important to rapidly push out some quick FoLs. Getting the right amount of haste is a pretty personal thing at the moment, and not really an exact science.

As far as HPM is concerned (which is the primary determinant of how much healing you do in an encounter), you should generally have more crit than mastery. Both crit and mastery can waste healing: Crit through overhealing, mastery because the shield is never eaten through or replaced by the shield from the next heal. Overhealing is pretty much a non-problem at the moment, but mastery becoming ineffective is more likely. So, you want more crit than mastery. That does not mean that mastery is useless, and at a certain point, even with some of mastery's effect being wasted, it will become comparable to crit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]