Seal of Uselessness

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay, so we've seen how Seal of Righteousness paid off this expansion:

It hasn't.

It's used by all specs as a main DPS seal until Seal of Truth is unlocked and is summarily side-lined afterward.

Its AoE damage for Ret is atrocious and I have an idea that may fix it and make it serve all specs without removing its purpose whilst leveling.

Holy
Denounce currently says:
Reduces the mana cost of Exorcism by 38/75%. In addition, you have a 25/50% chance when casting Holy Shock to make your next Exorcism instant and cost no mana.

Change it to:
Reduces the mana cost of Exorcism by 38/75% and you have a 25/50% chance when casting Holy Shock to make your next Exorcism instant and cost no mana. In addition, when you cast Exorcism while affected by Seal of Righteousness, you cause 15/30% of the damage caused to all enemies within 10 yds of your target.

Protection
Grand Crusader currently says:
When your Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous deals damage to your primary target, they have a 10/20% chance of refreshing the cooldown of your Avenger's Shield.

Change it to:
When your Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous deals damage to your primary target, they have a 10/20% chance of refreshing the cooldown of your Avenger's Shield. In addition, while affected by Seal of Righteousness, your Hammer of the Righteous increases the Holy damage you do to nearby enemies by 15/30% for the next 10 seconds.

Retribution
Seals of Command currently says:
Your Seal of Righteousness, Seal of Truth, and Seal of Justice now deal 7% weapon damage each time you swing. In addition, your Seal of Righteousness now hits up to 2 additional targets.

Change it to:
Your Seal of Truth and Seal of Justice now deal 7% weapon damage each time you swing. In addition, when affected by your Seal of Righteousness, your Crusader Strike, Judgement, Exorcism, and Templar's Verdict inflict the target with Ravage of Righteousness, damaging enemies within 10 yds of the target by 30% of the damage caused over 6 seconds.

This allows the Seal to continue its existence after obtaining Seal of Truth's superior single-target damage as an AoE Seal.

On a side-note: To reduce the amount of RNG that is involved in our class at present, an option exists to change Divine Purpose.

Divine Purpose currently says:
The following attacks have a 20/40% chance to generate Holy Power:
- Judgement
- Exorcism
- Templar's Verdict
- Divine Storm
- Inquisition
- Holy Wrath
- Hammer of Wrath

Change it to:
Templar's Verdict now deals 10/20% of its damage as Holy damage. In addition, the cooldown of your Guardian of Ancient Kings is reduced by 5/10 seconds when striking with Templar's Verdict.

This will not only increase focus of the class to using more Templar's Verdicts, but will actively reward further investment into Mastery, shortening the cooldown that has the potential to embody the Paladin class, the Protectors, Guardians, and Heralds of the Light.

And as a parting note: It would make sense, after these revisions, to change Divine Storm to continue its shared cooldown with Crusader Strike if it was given a 100% chance to generate a charge of Holy Power.

Any other ideas?
Edited by Biral on 12/18/2010 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I 150% agree w/ that
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to go into my spell book to use it and I have 8 bars with twelve buttons each on my screen.

Nuff said.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I use it for critters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For AoE, the Seal is incredibly lack-luster.

My solution would cut out Seals of Command proccing the extra 7% weapon damage on its targets in exchange for sacrificing its multi-target hit for a rolling debuff similar to Ignite on a single target which would damage nearby enemies every second. The damage of the debuff would be based on damage dealt, so it would scale with gear, and it could allow for crits as a set bonus in the future.

The % of course can be adjusted. Having it at 30% might be a little too strong. Perhaps 10-15% would be more suitable, seeing as it would build as you continued using single-target abilities on it.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
meh

it's ok that it's situational
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem isn't Seal of Righteousness, it's Seal of Justice. Put the debuff back onto Judgment and remove SOJ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]